Mike Baghdady - should I take a course or not?

Barjon,

That is not an apology.

Well it looks like "sorry" to me, but I suppose you could interpret it as saying "sorry, but that's all I need to say" at a stretch. Thus attaching the sorry to not saying anything else. I'm happy not to give it that interpretation.

It's a bit like Hare's mis-interpretation that jmp is (was) a Director of TT - which has been clarified by Pips - leading him along the critical route that I thought was below the belt. Exposure is all very well, but you have be sure of your facts and interpretations before you cast the stones.

jon

I am just flabbergasted that there is a trading vendor who was not all he claimed to be. This must surely be the first case of such a thing.

And Mr Sagbooby of all people! I mean, who wouldn't trust a man who looks like this?

mike_baghdady.jpg

I haven't given up hope that Mr Baghofcrapdady will come onto the forum to answer the questions posed and prove the doubters wrong.

Last edited:
You seem to know a great deal about this whole episode and have a lot of inside knowledge. Are you an ex-employee, turtle, friend of turtle or something like that?

Obviously I understand if you don't wish to say.

A very sharp and expected observation from The Leopard.

None of the above but like one or two others around I have had the privilege of accessing inside information on a regular basis. This is why, when I have posted (despite not producing hard evidence as demanded by some), the information has been posted in full confidence of its authenticity.

To have provided the hard evidence may have compromised those supplying the information. However, as it now looks like the operation is no more, I hope that others will provide further comments and supporting evidence should it be needed.

A very sharp and expected observation from The Leopard.

None of the above but like one or two others around I have had the privilege of accessing inside information on a regular basis. This is why, when I have posted (despite not producing hard evidence as demanded by some), the information has been posted in full confidence of its authenticity.

To have provided the hard evidence may have compromised those supplying the information. However, as it now looks like the operation is no more, I hope that others will provide further comments and supporting evidence should it be needed.

Well, whoever you are, your contributions have been fascinating and possibly very useful, so thank you for making them.

It would be especially interesting to hear from other turtles. I would imagine they can safely ignore any confidentiality clauses they may have signed. I can't imagine Slackbladder taking action against them - in fact, if the information posted on this thread is true, it may even be the other way around. They might be able to bring a case against him for misleading them and causing them loss, hardship and a whole sh1tload of embarrassment.

Last edited:
It's a bit like Hare's mis-interpretation that jmp is (was) a Director of TT - which has been clarified by Pips -

There was no mis interpretation on my part I can assure you. I have not implied that jmp was a director of Training Traders, he's a director of New Turtle Traders LLP

There is no reason why JMP should have been aware of the financial position of any of Mr Baghdaddy's companys. The remarks I made relate only to New Turtle Traders.

I will point out however, that the claims of rather outrageous returns, where made in a webinar in which the turtles where cited as examples of people successfully trading his methods. Not a single turtle refuted those claims. If someone I worked with started repeatedly telling members of the public that I was regularly making 300% returns, in the space of a few hours, I can assure you that I would most certainly refute those claims, and I'd be correcting the situation, and stopping the lunatic from spreading further untruths.

One thing I can't understand (and it would be nice if someone could fill us in on this) is how the hell did it all unravel so quickly? I mean, they've only been trading for about 6 months, which is nothing.

What happened to cause it to collapse in such a short space of time? You'd expect it to be able to go along for a good 12 or 18 months at least.

More than likely not enough fresh meat signing up, sugarmacdady was thinking the big pr bs was going to make tt hit the big time

Obviously it was just a PR stunt all along.

I was wondering though whether the whole turtle thing first came about through hubris or desperation. Whether he thought by now he could get away with anything, or whether it was a last ditch attempt to save a failing business (or at least squeeze another year out of it).

If your theory is correct, it seems more likely to be the latter.

One thing I can't understand (and it would be nice if someone could fill us in on this) is how the hell did it all unravel so quickly? I mean, they've only been trading for about 6 months, which is nothing.

What happened to cause it to collapse in such a short space of time? You'd expect it to be able to go along for a good 12 or 18 months at least.

I think you will find that the speed of collapse is more to do with Baghdadys and Training Traders treatment of staff, suppliers, service providers and creditors.
A whole lot of negative energy has been building up in the background whilst Mr Baghdady has travelled the world making outragous claims without any serious challenges being made.

If you make enough enemies?
Im sure The Leopard can find a suitable quote from some weighty work of non-fiction.

A compliment must also be made to pboyles who has been at Baghdady for well over a year and he has been proven right, once again.
The pressure on them has been coming from all sides in recent weeks and if what I am told is correct, its not over yet!!!!

I was wondering though whether the whole turtle thing first came about through hubris or desperation.

Credit where its due, he pulled the wool over a lot of people's eyes who should have known better.

Just look at the muppets who provided him with free publicity, TV companies, national newspapers, not to mention a few trading forums.

Not a single one did the most basic due dilligence, they swallowed the story hook line and sinker. If he's ever in my part of the world I'd like to buy him a drink and shake his hand.

Credit where its due, he pulled the wool over a lot of people's eyes who should have known better.

Just look at the muppets who provided him with free publicity, TV companies, national newspapers, not to mention a few trading forums.

Not a single one did the most basic due dilligence, they swallowed the story hook line and sinker. If he's ever in my part of the world I'd like to buy him a drink and shake his hand.

All they were interested in was taking money off him, its just advertising under a different name. There was never any journalism involved in it.

Those videos are truly disgusting - joking around with him, fawning all over him and not even the most basic journalistic work carried out. The CNN muppet said "we'll be following this closely" - what do you think are the chances of a follow up story? :LOL:

There was no mis interpretation on my part I can assure you. I have not implied that jmp was a director of Training Traders, he's a director of New Turtle Traders LLP

There is no reason why JMP should have been aware of the financial position of any of Mr Baghdaddy's companys. The remarks I made relate only to New Turtle Traders.

I will point out however, that the claims of rather outrageous returns, where made in a webinar in which the turtles where cited as examples of people successfully trading his methods. Not a single turtle refuted those claims. If someone I worked with started repeatedly telling members of the public that I was regularly making 300% returns, in the space of a few hours, I can assure you that I would most certainly refute those claims, and I'd be correcting the situation, and stopping the lunatic from spreading further untruths.

hare

Well, you start by talking about jmp being "a director of the company" without specifying which. Then you go on to talk about TT and then follow on by saying "There is absolutely no way that the directors of this company were unaware of the situation".

Looks pretty clear what you were implying to me but, then again, I might be guilty of mis-interpretation :)

jon

Oh the irony!

In this video we see a clip of "David", a pro poker player (so presumably a fairly shrewd and intelligent person). When asked what he brings to the table as a former poker pro he says:

"You've got to be very perceptive about other people...you look at other people's motivations and you categorise them...like whether they're trying to act and tell you they're something they're not...".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ENSH1kYsFlI

If only he had thought to be perceptive about the motivations of someone who has supposedly been a top trader for decades and has made millions from it but spends his time flogging courses instead of trading. And if only he had done some research to see if his mentor was trying to act and tell him he's something he's not.

Tell me something: how does someone who's made a living playing poker fall for something as obvious as this? It is absolutely insane.

Last edited:
hare

Well, you start by talking about jmp being "a director of the company" without specifying which.

Its a matter of public record, and if I remember correctly, at one point, this thread actually gave the full names of the directors of new turtle traders LLC,

What bit are you struggling with ?