Message For Ftse Traders......

Worldspreads

Guys,

Does anyone here use Worldspreads for their spread trading? If so, what do you think of their charting package? It is pretty poor in my opinion, like wallstreet was wondering if anyone can recommend a good platform with good charting?

Short 4260 Got shaken out of this earlier but back for more, D/Top with yesterdays high. D / top today cant breach 4262 level. Divergence on MACD on 5 and 10 min chart.

Attachments

• snapshot-83.png
    snapshot-83.png
    181.7 KB · Views: 104
dow is bearish on the eod chart.last signal was a double-bottom .chart is eod data.50 point box size.by 3 reversal.hilo dat
however,today is non farm payrolls.so all that could change

Attachments

• dowbaear.png
    dowbaear.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 93
For charting software Prorealtime is pretty good although intra-day will cost and you can get almost the same package free from IG. I use IG intraday and prorealtime for longer term analysis.
KJ

Thanks for your reply wallstreet, bit clearer now. Can anyone tell me a spreadbetting co which allows you to use trailing stops?

IG let you do it on SB - you have to sign up to it in advance though. I use IG for my SB in Aus. I like it - user friendly, tight spreads and good charting.

Regards,

Swiss

Nice chart my friend........

yes i believe we will be rangebound too between 4290 - 4225 !!

I can't trade today people, my manager is coming over today so i have to behave and no trading and get my work done..........

i finish at 11.15 am.........so i will be able to trade then!

i will be posting on here when i get a break or two

that range is working well today.......

i don't envisage it going any further

4225 - 4290!!

nice trade chelski, did you trigger on 5m chart? who do u use for charting?

Thanks,
5 min Chart, i came in on the Hanging Man, also MACD had crossed over.
I use eSignal probably not using all the functionality but i like to keep it simple!

Thanks,
5 min Chart, i came in on the Hanging Man, also MACD had crossed over.
I use eSignal probably not using all the functionality but i like to keep it simple!

well done Chelski.......

how much do you pay per month on E-signal and what do you get in return?

do you get UK & US equities, gold, oil, FTSE 100 , DAX, US indices

A good read whilst your twiddling your thumbs waiting for your trades to go in the right way....

"It is in quiet moments such as these that I sometimes take time to think over things, and today I thought I would send you this, which comes to me after a conversation I had with somebody the day before yesterday..

As you know, greed and fear are powerful emotions, and therefore equally powerful motivators. But there's something else we have to be on the lookout for when we are trading, or it will play havoc with all our carefully designed risk management and money management parameters.

This is euphoria, and it can easily manifest itself after a long string of successful trades. When it does, it can lead to recklessness - and this is where we can so easily compromise our trading capital.

It is so easy to see it, but the unfortunate bit is that we usually see it after the event, and more importantly after the damage has been done. What happens is that if we have produced a long string of successful trades, we can begin to feel invincible, and we forget that our next trade carries the same risk/return profile (given a similar setup) as all our previous trades. So, feeling invincible, we crank up the stake, and put on a trade that is completely outside our prudent risk management parameters.

However, that is only the first part, for now, there are two possibilities: One the one hand, the market might go our way, and we make more money, or else the market might go against our position and we start to lose. What then happens is that our old enemy Fear comes to the fore and we are paralysed! Where is our stop? Do we move it further out? Do we cut the loss now? And bingo, we have fallen right back into our first trading mentality, in which the destructive emotions greed and fear are once again firmly in the driving seat!

Well, that's quite a sobering note for a Friday morning - I didn't mean it to be so heavy, but there we are. A thought for you to chew over on this quiet (so far) morning.

Let's be careful, let's stick to our sytems.

Kind regards,

William"

well done Chelski.......

how much do you pay per month on E-signal and what do you get in return?

do you get UK & US equities, gold, oil, FTSE 100 , DAX, US indices

At the current $ rate £100 or so, i pay extra for the Uk indicies. You can bolt on different packages but without sounding vague i only pay for what i need so cant be exact. i believe there is a lot of US stuff free. I will play around and see what other instruments i get! For my money i am getting FTSE, Dow S&P.

Forgot to say, they usuallty do a 1 month free trial, you have to pay but it is refunded if you cancel. i cant see a big company giving you trouble if you cancelm, plus you are protected if you use a credit card.

My advice after some analysis is be careful with any shorts today people..................

ALthough i am bearish long term but there could be a bit of a Rally in US today(which concurs with Sir Williams caution and analysis according to market profile!!) which could affect us in Europe..

If payroll numbers come out and market rallies then according to omniac, the market may rally and he has very convincing analysis which i am prescribing to.

listen to this youtube video and make up your own mind........sitting on sidelines is probably better today!!
YouTube - 02/06/2009 S&P Emini & Futures Recommendations

just to clarify my positions so i can declare my bias
i have 1 contract long position on Dow and have decided to amend stop loss to 7975.........!!

Forgot to say, they usuallty do a 1 month free trial, you have to pay but it is refunded if you cancel. i cant see a big company giving you trouble if you cancelm, plus you are protected if you use a credit card.

Its a bit on the expensive side especially if i add Gold and oil in there?

Oh well i will certainly try the trial period and consider............!!