Message For Ftse Traders......

probably,the only way to trade them is to go to a lower timeframe.perhaps tne one minute chart as a trigger.so long as you can filter out the noise.or even buy the signals fom sir william

Yes Dentist, been using the 1 min and 5 min for precise entry and trying to filter out the noise if i can, made good points only to keep jumping in and giving the points back..

Anyone read Sir Williams book? Any reviews? etc..

Thanks

have you looked at bbmac" thread on trade2win.entitled "comprehensive trading methodology"
excellent stuff.init he links the 1 min and 5 min with the 30 min

bbmac is for candlesticks.if you want point and figure,then look at the holygrail thread on elitetrader.entitled " how to read price action with p/f "
if you want the sir william stuff on market profile look at the thread entitled " 3-2-1 trading" on elitetrader.you will need mp software .updata,esignal.have it

"5 mins left before I finish work and then I'm off out for a bit ........

those of you interested i have opened up a short on FTSE

Short FTSE 4273 ......stop loss 4300

target 4250 - 4200 - 4150 - 4000........haha!! I wish......"

amend stop loss to 4265..............

have you looked at bbmac" thread on trade2win.entitled "comprehensive trading methodology"
excellent stuff.init he links the 1 min and 5 min with the 30 min
Thanks Dentist007 for the kind info,,,
Shall look into them more and see where that leads me. Some good threads about, just a matter of finding them.

amend stop loss to 4265

yaw, yawn......good morning all

I was half asleep last night and i put in stop loss of 4365 by accident when it should have been 4265, phew ...thank god no damage done there!!

I will close now and taken profit before i do something else wrong

closed @ 4244....33 point profit!!

anyway FTSE has fallen this morning from last nights high

It should see support if any around 20 day EMA, then 50 day EMA....

FTSE may well hit 4225 pivot.....but I am materialising my profits when I see them in this crazy market!!

I was half asleep last night and i put in stop loss of 4365 by accident when it should have been 4265, phew ...thank god no damage done there!!

FTSE may well hit 4225 pivot.....but I am materialising my profits when I see them in this crazy market!!

Morning Wallstreet, i know you trade futures but i assume your chart is a similar shaape?
Think we are rangebound until Non farms? On the daily chary this is coiling up ready for breakout.

Attachments

• snapshot-82.png
    snapshot-82.png
    132.1 KB · Views: 129
Morning Wallstreet, i know you trade futures but i assume your chart is a similar shaape?
Think we are rangebound until Non farms? On the daily chary this is coiling up ready for breakout.

Nice chart my friend........

yes i believe we will be rangebound too between 4290 - 4225 !!

I can't trade today people, my manager is coming over today so i have to behave and no trading and get my work done..........

i finish at 11.15 am.........so i will be able to trade then!

i will be posting on here when i get a break or two

wallstreet,
whe n you say FTSE should find support around 20+50day ema do you mean on the daily chart or 20+50ema on a lower timescale? Only reason I ask is that the price on my chart is below 20+50ema on the daily. What TF do you trigger your trades on?

thanks,

bertyi

for those you interested I am long on Dow after Sir Williams email last night?! stop loss 8000

"Hello all,

well, I'm exhausted, today's been manic - but here we go, this is just a quick email to say where I think we are (or where I think we're not, perhaps)

I think today was (or is) critical, in that it could well have been a turning point in the Dow, or at any rate a strong signal for the decline. Basically I was looking for:

either - a close below 7,900 on the Dow, signifying acceptance in Market Profile terms, and therefore a firm signal that the top had been reached and that the decline was now upon us,

or - not the above, which in other words still leaves us in this rather woolly and indistinct phase of the end of what I have been calling an abc corrective wave, correcting the main January decline.

So, what do I think? I revert to what I had said this morning, which was that I thought that there was the potential that we hadn't seen the top yet. But if you remember, I closed my short term long positions because for me the probability factor was not strong enough. Basically, trending markets are easier. And also, since I don't like to trade against the underlying trend, having a short term long position in place when we were so near a top introduced too great an element of risk into the trade.

As I write this the Dow has been making a concerted effort at breaking above 8,100, having shown earlier on a clear rejection of prices below 7,900, which was what I was considering as the significant level.

That's it for now, next email in the morning.

Remember, let's keep the profits rolling in - and to do that, we must eliminate the low probability trades!

Kind regards,"

Nice chart my friend........

yes i believe we will be rangebound too between 4290 - 4225 !!

I can't trade today people, my manager is coming over today so i have to behave and no trading and get my work done..........

i finish at 11.15 am.........so i will be able to trade then!

i will be posting on here when i get a break or two

wallstreet, what is your real job?

wallstreet,
whe n you say FTSE should find support around 20+50day ema do you mean on the daily chart or 20+50ema on a lower timescale? Only reason I ask is that the price on my chart is below 20+50ema on the daily. What TF do you trigger your trades on?

thanks,

bertyi

I use 1 week 1 hr charts
2 day 15 min charts ......
sometimes 1 day 5 min chart .......

i am currently referring to 2 day 15 min chart.....but 2 day 10 mins is better but my charting package at CMC isnot very good!!

I am currently looking into a good charting package, any tips or recommendation s anyone and what will i expect to pay? Metatrader seems good....??

:(
I use 1 week 1 hr charts
2 day 15 min charts ......
sometimes 1 day 5 min chart .......

i am currently referring to 2 day 15 min chart.....but 2 day 10 mins is better but my charting package at CMC isnot very good!!

I am currently looking into a good charting package, any tips or recommendation s anyone and what will i expect to pay? Metatrader seems good....??

Wallstreet, i use eSignal, its billed in dollars sow now 25% more expensive than the summer:(.
It lets you save various options. I have on set up with MACD, pivots, etc and onother with just MA's so it looks clean when i look at the bigger picture. it does alot more but as a typical bloke have not read the instructions!

Thanks for your reply wallstreet, bit clearer now. Can anyone tell me a spreadbetting co which allows you to use trailing stops?