Message For Ftse Traders......

Market looking very choppy, gonna leave it for a bit until some clear direction emerges.

Been watching the S&P and that could get very interesting, it is knocking on the door of some very major resistance on the back of the not horrendous US data, and could potentially lead the FTSE upwards if it breaks through 852??

sorry people i made a mistake calculating Dax position as

75 * 3 = £225
100 * 3 = £300

i have corrected accordingly and even if it falls I make more money......

so either way I win??? thats IF, big IF everything goes according to plan........

i don't have to go hospital now as wife phoned and said she is being taken for an echo scan............!!

phew.................i closed position over the phone as soon as i got out.......

DAx stop loss triggered ...darn!! - £120

and Dow closed at 8080!! + £165

drum roll..............................

total profit of £45..........

still not bad hey!!

my manager is coming at 15.00 so i can't afford to leave the position open.....

I have to pack up my trading computer and hide it in the cupboard!!!! hehee....

i will be back on line at 16.30 - 17.00..........

i expected the dow to rally after the figures so i have to bail out as it didnt go according to plan!!

Easy formula for you people

DOW > 8100 all markets rally

DOW < 8100 potential for markets to fall like a brick especially if below 8000

thank you to all those who emailed me......

i express my gratitude to you all

p.s. i was breaking a little sweat thinking about my position!! no just kidding.......not with a hedge!!

Seems like the market priced in a lot of that NFP. Looks like we have a clar run with no more major announcements (I think) - time to follow the dow.

Dow charged right through R1 - just took a cheeky short profit with a 10 sec turnaround - what an idiot!

ahh - just had today's lesson. Dow, Dax, s&p and Nasdaq just broke their R1. The ftse was resisting bouncing back off it's R1, but with lows bouncing off an uptrend. My trade was that it would get pulled over. So, unusually, I went long the ftse just under it's R1. Bad stop levels mean I got stopped twice but 3rd time it gets pulled through! So I'm long, 15 ticks onside and in the clear! I'm just adjusting up my stop to breakeven when my limit gets triggered by accident! Oh well - the theory worked thats whats important.

Can't see anything here for me, all a bit choppy for my liking. i shall pack up for +19. Hope you all finish up. Lets hope for a smoother Monday, it's a quiet news day so the markets can do their thing! Have a good weekend everyone.

Lets hope for a smoother Monday, it's a quiet news day so the markets can do their thing! Have a good weekend everyone.[/QUOTE]

watch out for earnings on Monday.

Can't see anything here for me, all a bit choppy for my liking. i shall pack up for +19. Hope you all finish up. Lets hope for a smoother Monday, it's a quiet news day so the markets can do their thing! Have a good weekend everyone.

Yeah, have a good one. So much for my theory - ftse gets through R1 - but gets pulled back under again not long after. Lucky that limit triggered by accident!

I was just about to switch off when i took this trade, Nice Hidden Bullish Divergence, Support on the .618 fib line. I came in after the line held a second time, entry was later than i would have liked 4302 but got 12 points. Now, all have a great weekend! I really am off to take my daughter to Wagamamma.

Attachments

• snapshot-84.png
    snapshot-84.png
    159.7 KB · Views: 148
Back to trade again.. After 2 weeks without any, I`m back.. Damn, I really missed this..

Short Footsie at 4.300
Short Down at 8253

Stop as tight as 10 points.. with spread!

afternoon all..............crazy market hey!!

just imagine i had held out with my Dow position......................tut tut!!

just closed my barclays @ 106.5............ £60 profit!!

Back to trade again.. After 2 weeks without any, I`m back.. Damn, I really missed this..

Short Footsie at 4.300
Short Down at 8253

Stop as tight as 10 points.. with spread!

welcome vinicius .............welcome my friend!!

nice position you have there.......

i am also short 8250......but i don't post Dow trades here!!

welcome vinicius .............welcome my friend!!

nice position you have there.......

i am also short 8250......but i don't post Dow trades here!!

Could be a good short. If we assume that the out of hours FTSE will follow the S&P / Dow then there is un confirmed minus development forming....... Could be quite a big move downwards....

I missed the double top on Footsie at 4330, the high of 28/01.. Took a entry on 5min chart..

Same on dow.. Strong level of resistence at 8250..