Message For Ftse Traders......

yep and sometimes trade the ftse of the snp or dow chart... with no ftse chart in sight ... just for a bit of extra excitment and fun :)... i thought everyone did this :confused: dax in the morning snp in the afternoon(y) no point keeping your eye on the follower when you can see the leader:p

Yup, haven't traded much but still learnt this lesson today - just rejigged my charts accordingly.

I know it's not the place to discuss S&P but there is a definite cup and handle pattern forming at the moment. However, it only shows on a short term chart i.e. 1 or 2 mins. Is this too short a span to draw conclusions typical to that of a cup and handle pattern, where a large breakout can often occur after the pattern?

I found the description below useful. Analyzing Chart Patterns: Cup And Handle

Contrary to all your nice comments i am still a novice and Learning and still haven't mastered the art of technical analysis.......

I will be honest and tell you i have no knowkedge about cup and handle but thank you for the link and i will learn......

according to my limited knowledge and analysis i would be shorting S&P around 850 level as fierce resistance!!

I don't believe these rally are going to last, i am contemplating taking long term short psositions on all the indices......similar to what William is doing at present!!

hoping what just happened was akin to another bear squeeze, markets start to rally, shorts get stopped out, pushing the rally up even faster followed by an equally fast drop!

also an avid reader of williams emails and currently have a medium term short position on the ftse march contract.

I am not advising anyone to do this but i am opening up long term short positions on bot FTSE(around 4280 -4300 level- ish) and S&P(around 850) .............

expected levels to close out at are 3500 FTSe and 750 S&P

over and out

hoping what just happened was akin to another bear squeeze, markets start to rally, shorts get stopped out, pushing the rally up even faster followed by an equally fast drop!

also an avid reader of williams emails and currently have a medium term short position on the ftse march contract.

not this time as banks are joining in on the rallys...........

then again you never know?!!

Oh by the way forget to tell you all I shorted Barclays today just before the close @ 100p.....stop loss 105p

hoping for another gap down ...........

I am not advising anyone to do this but i am opening up long term short positions on bot FTSE(around 4280 -4300 level- ish) and S&P(around 850) .............

expected levels to close out at are 3500 FTSe and 750 S&P

over and out

I have to pay more attention - I'm so busy busy messing with my graphs that I'm missing these fabulous calls from the maestro!

5 mins left before I finish work and then I'm off out for a bit ........

those of you interested i have opened up a short on FTSE

Short FTSE 4273 ......stop loss 4300

target 4250 - 4200 - 4150 - 4000........haha!! I wish......

take care and good night........

and yes i did open long term position as well

also Short the the S&P @ 846............

adios amigos!!

sorry if i havent replied to your messages/emails i promse i will get around to it

5 mins left before I finish work and then I'm off out for a bit ........

those of you interested i have opened up a short on FTSE

Short FTSE 4273 ......stop loss 4300

target 4250 - 4200 - 4150 - 4000........haha!! I wish......

I'm done for the day - time for food. See you all on the 'morrow

I got screwed on Monday and today big time...
Im letting my losses run abit and cutting my profits too short fearing they would diminish and be left with a loss. I need to cut my losses quick as they are sucking up my bottom line,

Another problem im having again is chasing losses and getting stopped out and also tend to enter in teh wrong direction without any real discipline, Gota sort that out too otherwise this is another live account im gona blow if i dont be careful...

Any advice or info would be appreciated.

Thanks

I got screwed on Monday and today big time...
Im letting my losses run abit and cutting my profits too short fearing they would diminish and be left with a loss. I need to cut my losses quick as they are sucking up my bottom line,

Another problem im having again is chasing losses and getting stopped out and also tend to enter in teh wrong direction without any real discipline, Gota sort that out too otherwise this is another live account im gona blow if i dont be careful...

Any advice or info would be appreciated.

Thanks

its terribly rangey. everyone and their cat knows the dow is about to fall out of the sky. hence the rangetastic nonsense you see before you. its incredibly difficult to trade unless you are in front of that screen all day. its not worth it. let it get out of the range.

Exactly Francis, Tough market,
Have to be at the screen all day or else you get screwed big time, thats 1 problem i had today, opening a trade, setting SL and runnig here n there tryna get other things done, only to notice im stopped out.. if i had watched it maybe i could have got out early or taken a small profit...