Message For Ftse Traders......

OK people new start to the day I went long last night @ 4158......stop loss 4130!!

support around 4142 region in the interim........very short term bounce, although i do think we are going to down further........!!

I have amended stop loss to break even this morning

Yawn, yawn.............

I started work at 6am today as need to finish at 12!!

Levels important for today are

resistance 2 - 4238 low probability considering yesterdays battering but don't rule it out in this crazy market
resistance 1 - 4191 will most probably hit that today
support 1 - 4119 very high probability after initial rise
support 2 - 4072 low probability this week

Good morning all

KJ

sorry for not replying to your PM messages regarding the pivot points!!

I have listed the pivot points above for today according to my system, do they correspond with yours..........give and take 2/3 points either side for margin of error!!

sorry for not replying to your PM messages regarding the pivot points!!

I have listed the pivot points above for today according to my system, do they correspond with yours..........give and take 2/3 points either side for margin of error!!

No probs - I've already compared them to mine and your R1 is my Pivot - your R2 is my R1?? Anway, other than that the numbers all correspond. I'm assuming that you're on a 24 hour chart as I had a look at that link and they don't match up to those either.

No probs - I've already compared them to mine and your R1 is my Pivot - your R2 is my R1?? Anway, other than that the numbers all correspond. I'm assuming that you're on a 24 hour chart as I had a look at that link and they don't match up to those either.

no its not...my error

R2 - 4310
R1- 4237
P - 4191
S1 - 4118
S2- 4072

NOW IT SHOULD CORRESPOND MY FRIEND!!

Dax looking like a decent buy for 10-20 points but waiting for the open to see what the geeks do in the city!!

Although monetary wise I have had a pretty gash today, it has really cleared my mind and I have a lot more focused view on what I am looking for to trade to achieve a high % of winners.

A question I do have though, the thing I lack is any sort of market information / reports of whatever. My trades are based solely on what I can see on the chart, and it would be good to have an idea of what is in store, ie. interest rates tomorrow but the smaller reports daily. Anyone have anything good for this?

And more to the point, thoughts regarding the interest rate? I hope they dont cut it again.. can't see it helping and would further weaken the markets (imo)

please don't say that i can't wait for my mortgage payments to drop

please don't say that i can't wait for my mortgage payments to drop

I may be wrong but I thought a fall in interest rates should lead to a fall in bond yields, which in turn would lead to a rise in equity prices. That said, no trading on / around news.......

Last edited:
I may be wrong but I thought a fall in interest rates should lead to a fall in bond yields, which in turn would lead to a rise in equity prices. That said, no trading on / around news.......

i bought house 3 yrs ago just as i finished university thinking i would start getting into the housing bubble with profits i made using my student loan to trade.......

house was £175k ......bargain at the time as house value on street was £210k, elderly woman had stroke and forced to sell house!!

i put £30k down took out £145k mortgage.....my payment were £900 per month, they have now subsequently dropped to £790...hoping they drop more as rent is currently around £650-£700 but house is currently empty still!..........hurting my pockets!!

i bought house 3 yrs ago just as i finished university thinking i would start getting into the housing bubble with profits i made using my student loan to trade.......

house was £175k ......bargain at the time as house value on street was £210k, elderly woman had stroke and forced to sell house!!

i put £30k down took out £145k mortgage.....my payment were £900 per month, they have now subsequently dropped to £790...hoping they drop more as rent is currently around £650-£700 but house is currently empty still!..........hurting my pockets!!

Signs are for another cut today....

Hi Guys

Newish to trading the FTSE and was wondering if anyone here can advise/help me on exits? Getting in to decent trades often enough but have no real exit strategy, can anyone assist me on this one?

Thanks,

berti