Message For Ftse Traders......

I dont need to post anymore, Lapalabra's trades are witin a whisker of mine, except i have not taken the current long as i was on the phone

I think that I am going to revert to my old signals. Gives me a more peaceful time.

Long, now. 4053.3

Hi,

Can I ask a few questions to you FTSE traders. I am not averse to trading I used to trade German Bond Futures like many do at a prop firm, marex. Not traded for a while thou. varying reasons.

1. Firtsly I take it the majority of you guys are using spreadbetting companies to place trades and not going direct into the market via Futures. Which ones are you using.

2. What sort of graphs are you using for the FTSE candlesticks only if so which timeframes and indicator, I see many use Pivot points, do you look alot at Fibs, if you do do you use just daily fibs from yesterdays high low or look at Fibs for every move on your given timeframe.

3. Does anyone use other methods ie Point and Figure or market profile's.

Have some ideas of my own how to trade this market but would like as much info as possible to see what to look at as many of you seem quite succesful trading FTSE.

Hi,

Can I ask a few questions to you FTSE traders. I am not averse to trading I used to trade German Bond Futures like many do at a prop firm, marex. Not traded for a while thou. varying reasons.

1. Firtsly I take it the majority of you guys are using spreadbetting companies to place trades and not going direct into the market via Futures. Which ones are you using.

2. What sort of graphs are you using for the FTSE candlesticks only if so which timeframes and indicator, I see many use Pivot points, do you look alot at Fibs, if you do do you use just daily fibs from yesterdays high low or look at Fibs for every move on your given timeframe.

Have some ideas of my own how to trade this market but would like as much info as possible to see what to look at as many of you seem quite succesful trading FTSE.

There's a lot been said about what we do. You have to do a bit of research, yourself, instead of asking us repetitive questions.

Pardon me if I seem a bit brusque but, really, whether we use candles or bars is a matter of personal choice and, if you are already trading then, I am sure, you will know which you prefer, regardless of what we use.

I think that I am going to revert to my old signals. Gives me a more peaceful time.

Long, now. 4053.3

LOL, I know what you mean Split...it can be hairy, and mixed up when it starts to get congested

I spy a forming falling bull wedge on the 10Minute TF - Wedges

Long @ 4051

Okay, I was just interested in some more information, I actual use marketdelta MARKETDELTA :: HOME, shows volume at each level etc etc, you may find it useful. I am always interested to learn though, hence why asking the questions, trying to do some more reasearch on what will work on the FTSE, rather than fixed income products.

Young eyes! Mine aren't what they used to be :D

Now, if I was to suggest a short, for a quick scalp, it would break on the upside. :confused:

I dont need to post anymore, Lapalabra's trades are witin a whisker of mine, except i have not taken the current long as i was on the phone

I just got back guys...Keith we are so close together!

4040 has held three times now - a triple bottom, and a bull wedge, so on the back of chart patterns I'm long here, pre empting my signal but hey

Young eyes! Mine aren't what they used to be :D

Now, if I was to suggest a short, for a quick scalp, it would break on the upside. :confused:

I don't know what affects me more, a loss of confidence when the market goes opposite as soon as I open a trade, or over confidence when things go my way too easily...

Falling into the latter trap a bit now...opened that trade on the back of chart patterns I haven't really studied in detail after just sitting down and not catching up on whats happened over the last hour or so

I don't know what affects me more, a loss of confidence when the market goes opposite as soon as I open a trade, or over confidence when things go my way too easily...

Falling into the latter trap a bit now...opened that trade on the back of chart patterns I haven't really studied in detail after just sitting down and not catching up on whats happened over the last hour or so

careful both can be killers.

I just got back guys...Keith we are so close together!

4040 has held three times now - a triple bottom, and a bull wedge, so on the back of chart patterns I'm long here, pre empting my signal but hey

have you been studying chart patterns????:D

look at the inverse head & shoulders at the end of the triple bottom. before the long
:)

Hi,

as us traders who post here are a caring and sharing bunch.
some of what I look at

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 170
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 159
In two minutes I scalped 9 points. Who says that it can't be done with SB firms?

Mind you, this is not my style--I saw it overbought on the BB band and went in quick.

I am, now, about 5 points down on the morning. Not too bad, I suppose, for a poor day. I may stay in a bit longer.

Closed long..

Short @ daily high for scalp @ 4084

What a ride...

Was nervous and closed long too early @ 4070 when it started stuttering for +19...only then to see it shoot up- typical

then shorted the daily high which was 4084 but opened short at 4082...closed that at 4075 for +8

What a ride...

Was nervous and closed long too early @ 4070 when it started stuttering for +19...only then to see it shoot up- typical

then shorted the daily high which was 4084 but opened short at 4082...closed that at 4075 for +8

dont over trade and give it back:(

In two minutes I scalped 9 points. Who says that it can't be done with SB firms?

Mind you, this is not my style--I saw it overbought on the BB band and went in quick.

I am, now, about 5 points down on the morning. Not too bad, I suppose, for a poor day. I may stay in a bit longer.

I thought you were long from 4052? Did you catch the move?

I am suffering from Outcome Bias - judging my performance based on results as opposed to the quality of my decisions

Made money today, but my decision making, especially with that long, was poor...I was trading on a pattern I haven't studied to a comfortable level to trade on yet.