Message For Ftse Traders......

This is trying to breakup into new highs. I put a resistance line at 3820 and it is, at present, 3822.

The highs on Feb 27 were 3877ish. It's difficult, but possible.

I was looking for the morning's low and, finally, bought at 3793 (daily Future).

There is a rising long term trending average underneath you to give support.

Hey Split, sorry if its a silly question still learning and trying to follow your arguments- what length of the trending average are you looking at?

Cornflower Hourly System

This for forex trading but I have adapted some of it to my own style, which uses averages and see no reason why it cannot be used for indices.

It doesn't matter what long term average that you use, they are only references, after all, but I would use a minimum of 60. Notice how he plays around with the shorter averages for entry points.

Once I have decided on the long term trend I try for the high/low points for the day. When I think that I have it, I let it come back and enter as low as possible.

And, no, it was not a silly question. Ask away, but I do not pretend to be an expert.

(y)
Cornflower Hourly System

This for forex trading but I have adapted some of it to my own style, which uses averages and see no reason why it cannot be used for indices.

It doesn't matter what long term average that you use, they are only references, after all, but I would use a minimum of 60. Notice how he plays around with the shorter averages for entry points.

Once I have decided on the long term trend I try for the high/low points for the day. When I think that I have it, I let it come back and enter as low as possible.

And, no, it was not a silly question. Ask away, but I do not pretend to be an expert.

Looks interesting, on the pullback from these highs seems to have settled, but above the previous high, looking strong.

Gonna put a buy order for 3832, stop below the grouping. See what happens!

Looks interesting, on the pullback from these highs seems to have settled, but above the previous high, looking strong.

Gonna put a buy order for 3832, stop below the grouping. See what happens!

If you have had three trades today and missed the main thrust, why not pack in until tomorrow? Or, perhaps, this afternoon, when there may be something from the Dow?

If it was me, I'd stop chasing. I got in early and am, at present, up 34 points but I could not guarantee another strong rise. If you look at the Feb 27 area, there's quite a lot of work to be done, to break through that. Because of my profit I am prepared to sit it out for a while. Whether it is good policy to enter at this point, I don't know.

Hey! Just my opinion. We are all different!

such an undecided mkt today, i know the ftse is up 80 ticks but it cant go any higher right now and at the same time only one brief pull back today.

is it getting ready for some sort of big move?

which way do you think it is going to go?

If you have had three trades today and missed the main thrust, why not pack in until tomorrow? Or, perhaps, this afternoon, when there may be something from the Dow?

If it was me, I'd stop chasing. I got in early and am, at present, up 34 points but I could not guarantee another strong rise. If you look at the Feb 27 area, there's quite a lot of work to be done, to break through that. Because of my profit I am prepared to sit it out for a while. Whether it is good policy to enter at this point, I don't know.

Hey! Just my opinion. We are all different!

Yeah i see your point, but Im not chasing anything, Im not down and even if I was I dont fall into that trap. I trade very short term with a specific plan, and so am just taking my triggers. I dont play for the big plays.

Just looked like a decent % trade, shame it didnt get high enough for me to secure my +8.

Out for b/e

Well, Friday I got trigger happy and did 6 trades. One netted 34 points and the other 5 took the lot plus a bit more. :(

Decided to take profits. it's very slow. May get in later. Profit +39.8 points.

Last edited:
Some of you guys take profit and call off the day,I have been trying to do that when i reach my target.But its so hard to keep quiet!!
This is addicting

Have a good afternoon

:) I've got to go to work and don't, much, like leaving trades on. So, around this time, if I close a trade I rarely re-enter. It's a shame, sometimes, but I am unfortunate in the fact that, if I leave a trade with a stop on it, as sure as hell, it will get triggered and I end up with less than I would have made taking profits.

Split

anyone else having fun?

finally I am, haven't posted so much today as on friday i missed things when I was posting.

today started off Ok then I gave it back and more, finally just manged to get to my daily target but boy was it up and down.

so I am calling it day, I will just observe (famous last words) no I MEAN it no more discipline.

how about you?

pants. dont like choppy mkts, i like it when it moves with a bit more direction.

same here other wise you end up with wide stops and small profits which makes the R/R crap.

I like the days when one trade is enough but not had one of those for a while, all this get in get out shake it all about does my head in, never could do the hokey cokey.