Message For Ftse Traders......

FYI - GFT gives a 1 pt spread from 8:05 - 16:30

Yes, but I have been with this one for a long time and can manage 2 points, normally. I can see how it would be a drawback for scalpers, though. 6 trades is 12 points, just on spread, and if there are losses, too.....

i dont know how you boys trade in this crap, you dont know whether its coming or going! :-S
Are you lot just gambling on the level 2 or are these strategic plays?

i dont know how you boys trade in this crap, you dont know whether its coming or going! :-S

i use the best system ever invented

toss of a coin and crossed fingers :LOL:

Guess i picked the wrong time to learn how to read charts properly.
Ive been practising on the ftse, was ok at first then it just went all pear shaped.
Learning this sh!t is hard man, seriously. :-(

Guess i picked the wrong time to learn how to read charts properly.
Ive been practising on the ftse, was ok at first then it just went all pear shaped.
Learning this sh!t is hard man, seriously. :-(

there is never a wrong time to learn. we all still are learning.

we have good days, we have not so good days, we have bad days, when the good days come remember the bad days, when the bad days come remember the good days.

last year the market was moving faster, on occasions one trade was netting me up to 100pts +. even todays slow moving market the trades are there you just have to be patient (not my strong point) but I'm trying.

keep plugging away and you will get there.

Keith :)

I'm currently short from 3840 (cash) why my chart told me to go short it's been nearly 50 mins since then, looking to exit at 3820. although I have moved my stop to 3830. so really if it makes it or not as i have a profit locked in.

i hope it does

I'm currently short from 3840 (cash) why my chart told me to go short it's been nearly 50 mins since then, looking to exit at 3820. although I have moved my stop to 3830. so really if it makes it or not as i have a profit locked in.

i hope it does

target hit 3820. job done :clap: or should i stay in?????

there is never a wrong time to learn. we all still are learning.

we have good days, we have not so good days, we have bad days, when the good days come remember the bad days, when the bad days come remember the good days.

last year the market was moving faster, on occasions one trade was netting me up to 100pts +. even todays slow moving market the trades are there you just have to be patient (not my strong point) but I'm trying.

keep plugging away and you will get there.

Keith :)

Nice post m8.
My good days have been strongly limited lol from the time i started trading im down (n) £2400 which is not a lot to some and i know i can easily make it back with extras (hopefully). I think i just need the right education and im considering going on one of these £1k courses, heard bad and good things about em.
If i continue trying to learn on my own i think ill lose more money, as there's too much right n wrong info out there.
If anyone has any recommendations id love to hear them :).
PI

Gambling, Sir!

I'll have you know that a lot of spherical trigonometry goes into my planning. :D

Nice post m8.
My good days have been strongly limited lol from the time i started trading im down (n) £2400 which is not a lot to some and i know i can easily make it back with extras (hopefully). I think i just need the right education and im considering going on one of these £1k courses, heard bad and good things about em.
If i continue trying to learn on my own i think ill lose more money, as there's too much right n wrong info out there.
If anyone has any recommendations id love to hear them :).
PI

personaly I have not spent any money on trading courses. My belief is that you can learn all from practice and other peoples experiances.

remember trading is a personel thing someone elses trading style / method may not suit you as emotions can run riot, i hate it when i take a trade and see it go red (fear), I also hate it when I reach a target only to give some / all of it back becasue i thought it might go a bit lower (greed).

my opnion and it is only my opinion is to take your time and perfect how you want to trade. are you looking for a long term postion (what ever long term is) or do you wnat to get in get out quick??? attending a course can provide you with valuable learning but will suit / work for your style based on your emotions?

i may not have explained this clearly but i hope you get my drift.

Gambling, Sir!

I'll have you know that a lot of spherical trigonometry goes into my planning. :D

still think my system is best

toss a coin - heads go up - tails go down, cross your fingers, if it goes against you nip up tight and hit it with a big bat.

it works honest

personaly I have not spent any money on trading courses. My belief is that you can learn all from practice and other peoples experiances.

remember trading is a personel thing someone elses trading style / method may not suit you as emotions can run riot, i hate it when i take a trade and see it go red (fear), I also hate it when I reach a target only to give some / all of it back becasue i thought it might go a bit lower (greed).

my opnion and it is only my opinion is to take your time and perfect how you want to trade. are you looking for a long term postion (what ever long term is) or do you wnat to get in get out quick??? attending a course can provide you with valuable learning but will suit / work for your style based on your emotions?

i may not have explained this clearly but i hope you get my drift.

Thanks man
For the future i want to be a long term investor but for now i wanna be a scalper.
One thing thats weird is that my demo account is up £3k dono what thats all about. I think i just get scared when it comes down to my own money.
Anyway ill just plod on with it n see where it takes me.

Also add to your rep you've now gone green 'Congrats' (y) :clap:

Thanks man
For the future i want to be a long term investor but for now i wanna be a scalper.
One thing thats weird is that my demo account is up £3k dono what thats all about. I think i just get scared when it comes down to my own money.

thanks, no problem always happy to help if i can.

in your demo account you do not trade with the emotion as you do with real money. its a mind trick.

Thanks man

when you trade demo account its a whole different ball game, i can trade demo accounts using my strategy and make £1000+ a day and when i use the same strategy on live trading, my emotion take control and i let the loser's run and cut the winners to early.

it happens to us all, find a strategy that you truly believe in and stick to it.

good luck

how does one train themselves emotionally?
I think i just need to grow a pair n i 'may' start to see profits. lol

how does one train themselves emotionally?
I think i just need to grow a pair n i 'may' start to see profits. lol
have ultimate faith in your system, after all if you have spent time developing it getting to undersatnd it why second guess it.

we all take losses. the trick is to have your winners out weigh your loss either in R/R or number