Message For Ftse Traders......

morning all,

I thought today we might have a little game to keep our spirits up. so how about for this morning s session untill 12:00 making a prdiction of what time the high and low will be and in what order.

only the time rather than the price as we use different platforms and some trade the cash the while others the futures.

we can then have fun seeing who got the closest time.

for e.g today I think the market will rise and then fall back so I am going for HI - lo I think the hi will be around 09:30 lo 12:00 at the end of the session.

so my prediction is

HI - 09:30
lo -12:00

this is just for fun and is not based on any proven method if any one takes this as a signal they do so at their own risk ( just in case any one does). I do have a crystal ball nor can I predict the future, if I could I would use it to win the lottery week on week.

Morning Keith and all,

Ooooh a game! OK, I'll put forward:

Hi - 9.10
Lo - 11.30

What's the prize? :p

Quick start, +8 on that drop. Things could get ugly today.

High: 7.30? lol

Last edited:
just want the hi of the morning to get above the open and 1 pt above lapalabra's prediction of a morning hi @ 9:10 at around 9:20 - 9:30, not that I am competative in any way shape or form,

it doesn't look like that is going to happen.

As i looks like I am going to be so close I also predict that Man U will finish bottom of the prem and west Brom will win it

Last edited:
damn FTSE same as yesterday no real direction well not with any conviction anyway.

so any one else having as much fun as me?:confused:

damn FTSE same as yesterday no real direction well not with any conviction anyway.

so any one else having as much fun as me?:confused:

bored. took a short from 9:30 and locked in+5 thats all ive done so far, i have no real faith at the mo if i exit right now i will get+8.3 wow. i can take as long as i like typing the market aint moving oh +9 steady

not done a thing right today, or yesterday or friday, i cant remember what i did on thursday.:LOL::LOL:.

i need the market to move, but more than 10 ticks and then retrace, why cant we have one of them big move days, it feels like we are building up to it but when?

Yeah, boring - just straddling the pivot and bunching up with no real shape. You need to think of more games for times like this...

I'm glad you guys have had fun calling this today. The reversal first looked on the cards at 8:56 and then got confirmed by the higher low at about 9:10am. AFter that it seemed to follow a nice wide uptrend which it still is in, but it is very lethargic. Anything below 3830 and we are back in a downtrend, and I guess an aimless drift until the US opens.

Yes. The fewer trades I make, the better, with a 2 point spread.

Thanks again for that link yesterday Split, spent last evening going over Cornflower and other ideas it threw up...The more I hear and learn from you guys makes me realise how much more work there is to do.

I just went and applied the system on a 15 min timeframe here earlier, just to prove to myself (which I thoroughly did!) that it is not best used on anything less than 1H