market direction

i find it allows you to more easily adjust your risk depending on the market conditions and protects you from bear/bull traps, stop runs etc. it much more dynamic if thats the right word

spent all afternoon looking at natural gas data, still looks a blinding long despite last weeks blood bath! think its a trap like we saw in corn

i find it allows you to more easily adjust your risk depending on the market conditions and protects you from bear/bull traps, stop runs etc. it much more dynamic if thats the right word

I understand perfectly what you are saying now. Thanks (y)

ok will give a little teaser as to the kind of things i look at.

here we have the natural gas rig count, hopefully i dont have to explain why this is important!

lower the price gets and the bigger the stock piles get the more rigs go offline as they arnt needed and vice versa with low stock piles and higher prices.

you will see the last big drop in rig count coincided with the rally at December. so we should see a rally as output declines and storage drops. in theory ofcourse (and before some smart **** points out i am aware of the weather factor)

this is also theory that the EIA natural gas statistics are grossly over estimated and there isn't actually as much gas in storage as made out.

Attachments

• ng.jpg
    ng.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 143
cool, im sure in a few of these markets i would have been stopped out if i had been operating a hard stop. especially in crude

I have always looked at hedging in the past as too expensive when a high percentage of trades are winners.
But now after thinking about it I can see how it can add to the number of winners you have if placing stops is hard for someone, and other reasons too.
Even if stops are not "hard" to place for someone it could also reduce the amount of stress one might feel while the trade is open.

Thanks again!!

well thats the thing people dont want to cough up the premium of having protection but in reality they would probably be more successful with it. i happily pay 30-40% of profits for peace of mind.

thanks, not an fx trader atm but euro property owner so any potential euro weakening is always good to hear.

no idea, never even looked at a eurgbp chart before! i would expect the pound to be stronger than the euro going into the summer though