market direction

euro. i hope this currency FOAD's but my forumla is sitll dictating long. i would never be in this market unhedged.

long!

Attachments

• ec.jpg
    ec.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 144
her majistys great british pound.

bid of a sideways chops for a few weeks now..still long

Attachments

• bp.jpg
    bp.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 146
natural gas :(

this has been the hardest to swallow as natty gas was the poster boy for my setup, it was utter perfection, rivaled only by its catastrophic failure. still like this long though in the mid term!

Attachments

• ng.jpg
    ng.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 148
well 2 down markets out of 9 in a month..not bad! if you were a short options trader selling options in all these markets would have been very successful.

Last edited:
i subscribed to tradersaudio squawk box for a few month , i love the action and its good not to trade against big names but not always , because some of the papers volume is for their clients , not all of their volume is for proprietary trading ...

nope, thats why you have to listen carefully to what the locals are doing with said retail paper

well 2 down markets out of 9 in a month..not bad!

yep. Good. Especially to a newbie/losing trader like me!
Although im equally impressed with the TA guys in the live calls forex forum. Week after week they seem to end up positive. Especially Temporarilylite and Leovergo.

They are my inspiration as i believe i at least have a chance of mimicking their success as i know roughly what they are looking at to make their decisions, whereas all i know about your method is that you dont look at charts, use options instead of stops, listen to the squawk?

Either way, i enjoy this thread.

Im hoping to fund a TINY account soon to play with. May start an embarassing, train wreck of a journal when its funded.

I didnt say pit doesnt matter there is some advantages in the pit like no FIFO rule and no slippage ... but these days SP pit cant move the market , we r talking about cash index related to 500 US stocks , and a very liquid futures contract ( ES ) with more than 2 m contracts of volume , 14000 cars is nothing , anyway who told u they make most of their business in the pit , u r talking about big names if u divide 14k of volume on these names u will get small business each , most of the bus done upstairs ...

maybe the cattle pit have huge impact yeah , it trades 15k on floor and 25k on the screen ...

Just my observation but seems to me when the players want to move the market up they are gunning the SPY in size a lot recently.

Although im equally impressed with the TA guys in the live calls forex forum. Week after week they seem to end up positive. Especially Temporarilylite and Leovergo.

They are my inspiration as i believe i at least have a chance of mimicking their success as i know roughly what they are looking at to make their decisions, whereas all i know about your method is that you dont look at charts, use options instead of stops, listen to the squawk?

Im hoping to fund a TINY account soon to play with. May start an embarassing, train wreck of a journal when its funded.

only reason i dont tell my stratagey is i plan to starte a hedgefund with in the next year or so and it wouldnt be to good if the strats were floating about everywhere

nice volume there , 30 B $ worth of volume daily ...

its a way for stock traders to trade and hedge the cash market. its not a driving force in the market though. the futures are the main driving force and the cash

its a way for stock traders to trade and hedge the cash market. its not a driving force in the market though. the futures are the main driving force and the cash

agree , the most important the cash index and futures ...

SPY and QQQQ works well for us technical guys :)
...but I'm hiding behind my computer screen as I post that in this thread :smart:

Peter

It won't be embarassing if you keep a proper journal and learn from it.
Good Luck!

Peter

its funny, now this thread is successful the knives are coming out, classic. apparently im copying someone else calls.