Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

Have not posted in a while here, as posting my trades is having an effect on my trading.
I ,however do have a gereral question (hope its ok)
When buying a currency do traders take into account, whether it is being bought because of the base currency's strength, or the other currency's weakness?

For me generally neither, Im looking at a chart and thats it. I do however look at correlation and weakness compared to another chart. E.G. I may look at eur/usd, gbp/usd, and eur/gbp to gain an overall feel

long oil here at 92.04
this one is a bit naughty as per my method, but it's just so slow today i'm taking a risk!
20 pip stop

brave. expecting cable to stay fairly tight before the 12.30 data unless we get any sentiment based risk moves. also note you a buying in the middle of a range. just my 2c

Doesn't look promising

Also there is option at 25, but I wouldn't move the stop this time

out at 1.4947 +2

I still think it should go higher - from the pa it seems to me like somebody is buying it. Don't like staying in it at 12:30 and also option at 25 (most likely wouldn't last long with stop at 31)

Whatever - I'm flat

I still think it should go higher - from the pa it seems to me like somebody is buying it. Don't like staying in it at 12:30 and also option at 25 (most likely wouldn't last long with stop at 31)

Whatever - I'm flat

only 28 minutes to go and we will find out what happens!!:)

oh dear,my lucks been so good lately untill today.My cable trade stopped by 0.3 of a pip on a short spike down,now look at it.

tough day so far. -1 pip at the moment on posted calls today, but a good day yesterday so I'll be happyish if that' how it ends.

I did miss 2 trades that would have made it a rather good day, and I don't even have anybody to blame, because I've finally got some of my alerts coded so that I don't miss them. I simply ignored the signals based on gut feel (wrongly, as it turned out).