Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

hey flashy. i notice you been a member since 2004, 10 years in the game for you, that's a long time mate, good effort. can I ask how many years it took you to become profitable? pm if dont want to share on the board. :)

Nothing to hide mate,Im ahead most of the time now. Prior to that lost a shed load. I would work hard and save up and then trade full time run out of cash. I say run out of cash because most of the last several years ive been ahead from trading but it never made enough to cover the bills etc. I started with 5k In 1998 and assumed I could make £100k a year from it. Its one thing to make money trading,but to run it as a successful business is very hard. Im sure there are many profitable traders who have learnt to trade well but have ran out of cash.Nowadays Im pretty much full time but have another small business that covers most of what we need(the wife mainly runs it)
Whats your story?

Nothing to hide mate,Im ahead most of the time now. Prior to that lost a shed load. I would work hard and save up and then trade full time run out of cash. I say run out of cash because most of the last several years ive been ahead from trading but it never made enough to cover the bills etc. I started with 5k In 1998 and assumed I could make £100k a year from it. Its one thing to make money trading,but to run it as a successful business is very hard. Im sure there are many profitable traders who have learnt to trade well but have ran out of cash.Nowadays Im pretty much full time but have another small business that covers most of what we need(the wife mainly runs it)
Whats your story?

good effort. been trading since 16.3.2009 (precise!) aside from a few stock trades I made back in 1999. my main business is managing clients investments since 1999. made some cash last year but having a tricky start to 2013. GTTY

she aint done yet. shirly there must be a good shorting opportunity when this sucker breaks up.

I don't know CM - this sucker may go up and up... it seems like one of the biggest buyers (or the biggest) is behind it

Added: it depends what level they want - shouldn't be problem to 195 imo

Last edited:
Morning guys
Cant see much about,still smarting about my cable trade yesterday,that .3 of a pip probably cost me 150 pips. Whats worse is that im sure with some companies it wouldnt have got to that price.Oh well onwards and upwards,somtimes they go your way,sometimes they dont
Good luck