Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

Lets not get carried away, lol.
He's a good trader and it's nice to have him here.
It's just one trade, and it was called pretty close in time to the time of entry, it just happened to coincide with a news announcement.
Lets give him a chance!

I agree. Let's not gang bang him.

Several of us do get a little testy if we get a wiff of some clown trying to "past post" his trades. We've had plenty of them come and go. However, I don't believe that's what happened here. It was a news trade and I'm sure the 2 minutes was spent monitoring the trade as they can reverse super quick. These types of trades don't really work well in this thread though. I've tried it several times with ES trades and many times I am in and out before I can post, or just not able to post while the trade is moving. It ends up looking like I called the entire trade after it was over so I try to stay away from posting those trades here.

Peter

Last edited:

Been trading for 6 years. Not really sure what the problem is. Trade was an order that i entered about 3 hours prior to it being hit. After it got hit, i posted 2 minutes later.

No problem, i'll just stay away from this thread .

Please stick around. We don't want to deter traders. In your case just post the limit order here when you enter it. That would have eliminated any issue. :)

Peter

Been trading for 6 years. Not really sure what the problem is. Trade was an order that i entered about 3 hours prior to it being hit. After it got hit, i posted 2 minutes later.

No problem, i'll just stay away from this thread .

The last thing you need to do is leave the thread,you are more than welcome and Im sure will offer good imput. Whatever happened Im sure it was a good trade and your intentions were in the right place. We have to insist on the rules as we have had so many pretenders on here. We really dont care if people dont want to post and just watch,but trades have to be in real time for the reasons metioned. You are new to the thread,so no problem. Hang around

Argh - this is annoying. It's going nowhere (or maybe going somewhere very slowly)
out at 1.4923 +8

after the US close cable volatility dries up, it will then usually drift in a channel during the asian session aside from any news based flow where it will broadly follow any risk events. doesn't pick up again until 7am when mainland Europe wakes up. this happens over and over again based on 1000's of hours or screentime on cable. :cool:

after the US close cable volatility dries up, it will then usually drift in a channel during the asian session aside from any news based flow where it will broadly follow any risk events. doesn't pick up again until 7am when mainland Europe wakes up. this happens over and over again based on 1000's of hours or screentime on cable. :cool:

Thanks CM - I always appreciate views from long time pa observers. Looking forward to more posts from you(y)

Love the attack of ffsear. It doesnt read too well.

Why dont you guys have an argument about the colour blue. That'd be productive also.

bad luck - clearly found some demand at the potentially stronnger zone - 2nd test at the 1st 1/2 of the previous 1hr/4hr swing lo zone.

G/L

that was quick -20 x 2

Attachments

• 1hr.jpg
    1hr.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 108
Have not posted in a while here, as posting my trades is having an effect on my trading.
I ,however do have a gereral question (hope its ok)
When buying a currency do traders take into account, whether it is being bought because of the base currency's strength, or the other currency's weakness?

Your question implies that any such decision is based on a fundamental edge - mine and many others' is based on a technical edge and no such reasoning has to be applied...which is just as well as- particularly on an intra day basis in the absence of any obvious data release and reaction - this can be almost impossible to tell...although there will be an overall fundie environment in which PA plays out...Like many others - as a tech trader I play a tech edge and it does attempt to assess value or indeed fundie conditions of the respective currencies.

G/L

Have not posted in a while here, as posting my trades is having an effect on my trading.
I ,however do have a gereral question (hope its ok)
When buying a currency do traders take into account, whether it is being bought because of the base currency's strength, or the other currency's weakness?