Best Thread Live Cable Trading

hornblower said:
Hi zuke
is your trade , in antisipating of a ,stay as we are boe decision

No it was based on my FX model that I use and noting the hard res at 460. I never try to anticipate what cable will do..I've been stung too many times trying to do that!!

zuke said:
Mornign all..I got filled on my entry short from yesterday o Im currently

SHORT, 10 lots@ 460, Stop 510, Limit, 380.

Moved stop to b/e on this trade in anticpation of a post BOE news upside run.

I know I shouldnt but couldnt resist Long at 438 stop at 399 limit 612 @30pp

Time to head for the hills :|

zuke said:
Moved stop to b/e on this trade in anticpation of a post BOE news upside run.

Moved stop back to 510 and my anticipated reaction to BOE news never materialised (famous last words!!)

zuke said:
Moved stop back to 510 and my anticipated reaction to BOE news never materialised (famous last words!!)

Moved stop to b/e...now a free trade

zuke said:
Moved stop to b/e...now a free trade

good call, break pivot and you have a nice open move down to 8380

edit: sorry, EURGBP had very shallow but inverted H&S, and still has about 13 pips to target north, so you could get it!

jacinto said:
good call, break pivot and you have a nice open move down to 8380

edit: sorry, EURGBP had very shallow but inverted H&S, and still has about 13 pips to target north, so you could get it!

long live the pivot

jacinto said:
long live the pivot

thought that pivot at 15 was as good as dead, this thing should have challenged 8400 already.

eurgbp, still has a nice little bull flag in the 5 min chart and on break should reach inverted H&S target at 6866, pushing cable below RN. so still looking south.

Im confident that we'll get a run down to 370 today (hence my target of 380) before a bonuce back up to 445.

zuke said:
Im confident that we'll get a run down to 370 today (hence my target of 380) before a bonuce back up to 445.

well, that bull flag in eurgbp is triggered, and should help cable go to your target. good call. (even if it is still early to call, but looks good)

Hi all! Just back from a shopping spree in Germany (or did anyone think I was sulking about the comments re my madness to not have used stops in Tokyo?)

I see that all my shorts have been closed out at 16 (12+4): +39 +26 +6: +73

Only news in CAD at 8.30 EST, so calling it a day.

Will be whistling Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy" on my way to the bank :cool:

But seriously now, on the approach of the BOE news, I put in a neutralizing hedge long at 8450, no stop, no limit. After the news, after the wump south, put a b/e limit on it, set the short limits a hair under the pivot (14) and kept my fingers crossed.

Stark raving mad maybe, but not all that stupid, eh?

And about Tokyo: a 40pipper upmove or downmove is Tokyo's normal range. OK, not putting in stops is leading by bad example, but it's been said over and over, so I'll say it again: kids, don't try this at home.

Dixi and off to work.

Y'all have fun trading! (Will that pivot hold or not... :|)

You are totally Crazy Marm certifiable, nothing to do with stops though just the fact that you are still doing the WORK thing