Best Thread Live Cable Trading

laptop1 said:
By, selling @18 then sell more @ 38 and sell some more @ 55..you get an Average price of 37, but by doing this you are holding a larger stake than you would normally hold

Sells were at 22, 42 and 55, just for the record. Buys have the 4 pip diff.

laptop1 said:
well, you never know what going to happen in the world of news to move the FX markets. it can happen anytime. it dont need to be Jobless claims or any other economic date.

We could get an earth quick or another 9.11, who knows!

All I am saying you get away most of the time, but it only takes one trade.

see u guys. im off to bed

Have a nice one!

PS: been around (backoffice) when 9.11 hit: 50 pip spreads from the major banks...

Bedtime for Marmoset as well, got a well-filled agenda tomorrow. And of course I hope it won't go up another 100 pips. But I counts 'em at the end of the day, not at the start.

Done as well, Short at 8457, No stop (173 stop, margin call), Take Profit conservative 8424

hope doesn't move 173 up before moving 30 down :cheesy:

Off to sleep

diegoeg said:
Done as well, Short at 8457, No stop (173 stop, margin call), Take Profit conservative 8424

hope doesn't move 173 up before moving 30 down :cheesy:

Off to sleep

One of the biggest mistakes in trading is not to use a stop :eek: . Cable can take out 200points up and still reverse back down

coolTrader said:
One of the biggest mistakes in trading is not to use a stop :eek: . Cable can take out 200points up and still reverse back down

best of descriptions :eek: :eek: :eek:

bank of england minutes at 9 30.........if u get a vote of 7-2 or more for rates up, you are as good as dead.

technically, resistance layered up as follows

8530 strong
8580 key

edit: and if it takes 8560, then a long pattern triggers on the dailies (123 pattern for the long)....then again, could be an abc correction.

I was going to say, it is hard to imagine the BOE minutes being negative for sterling. Surely they will be neutral or positive. However still a long way to go before those. Personally I won't be holding a short through 9.30

long 57 +1

out for now Trichet about to address parliament. Will be flat for now.

Last edited:
the daily mail says that there is a growing likelihood of a dollar slump, because of the huge scale of the us deficit
it is unclear what the trigger for a decline would be

Mornign all..I got filled on my entry short from yesterday o Im currently

SHORT, 10 lots@ 460, Stop 510, Limit, 380.

It looks like we are going to go in to the BOE with the dollar bid against other currencies but cable neutral. I will cut half my position. Purely on the charts, I am bearish but can't ignore the decision. I think 1.5 is the pivot, 7-2 or 6-3 is bullish, 8-1 bearish

Offshore Trader said:
It looks like we are going to go in to the BOE with the dollar bid against other currencies but cable neutral. I will cut half my position. Purely on the charts, I am bearish but can't ignore the decision. I think 1.5 is the pivot, 7-2 or 6-3 is bullish, 8-1 bearish

3rd option....non event