Best Thread Live Cable Trading

marmoset said:
Short at 02 (edit)
I'd like to see a move before the figures as I don't like holding positions across those. It had a small and brief look at 95 some time ago. Need another go in the 30 minutes....please!

Offshore Trader said:
I'd like to see a move before the figures as I don't like holding positions across those. It had a small and brief look at 95 some time ago. Need another go in the 30 minutes....please!

Same here, but then again, I've just jumped the gun and eliminated my longs at 01: -19 and -28: -47 +61: +14

Short at 12, 02, 00 and 99

out of all shorts at 87/91: +21+11+9+8: +49 +14 = +63 :cheesy:

Calling it quits for today, need to leave early (boss just called, somebody called in sick :()

marmoset said:
out of all shorts at 87/91: +21+11+9+8: +49 +14 = +63 :cheesy:

Calling it quits for today, need to leave early (boss just called, somebody called in sick :()

Closed 1/2 at 90 , I'll probably hold the rest. Until tomorrow Marmoset, cheers.....another good day for you

Offshore Trader said:
Closed the remainder at 80. That's it for today

Was a bit of a pain today, wasn't it? Still good to see we came out on top. :cool:

Last edited:
marmoset said:
Was a bit of a pain today, wasn't it? Still good to see we came out on top. :cool:

(Tally for the week: 112+63: +175)

It wasn't great but I need to improve on taking the small points like you do. I do aim for the bigger moves and I know who makes the most points but I guess as long as I'm making a profit that's all that counts. Signing off now..'til tomorrow....

hi guys glad to see the pair of you are doing well agian today.

What are your totals?

IM new to Forex and gonna stick with you guys for the forseeable future

Hi Jasonhanda,

Are you talking about the totals right now during early Tokyo? :LOL:

Hey, early Tokyo is the waiting game. Nothing developing, sometimes a spike, mostly slow grinds up or down. Then when Tokyo comes in (around 8.30-9.00 their time) something may develope... or not.

It's like learning to fish: patience patience patience. Since I'm up (as in wide awake) anyway, I'm in it. Otherwise, watching paint dry is more fun. But on average I get between 10 and 20 pips out of it.

OTOH, I'm also in here to watch and learn, mainly how $/JPY behaves. Ultimately, I want to expand into other major pairs, so I pay my tribute to learn. The price: bunktime. ;)

$/yen going south like mad, while cable goes up??? Hmmm, looks like I've got some correlation numbercrunching to do over the weekend. *sigh* There goes another weekend I could be hiking in the Alps :(

marmoset said:
Nope, 4... My broker must be whooping it up on the spread I pay'em :|
You should take a look capitalPro using Currenex trading platform or you could use LavaFX, HotSpotFXi and EBS, All 1 pip spread on all majors. :D You can buy the bid to go long, or sell the offer to go short, so you even cutting the 1 pip spread out, but you do have to pay commission, but this works out just 1 pip, something for you to think about.

Or trade with CMC they offer 3 pip on cable and 2 pip on EURUSD 24 hr.

I think you are paying to much, 4 pip on cable and with the type of trading you do