Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Ive got a sell order in at 9200..I might be tempted for a small just above 8950 but other than that, I think it's one way traffic for now.

Still not convinced of direction yet although 'up' seems more likely at the moment but movemnet is so pathetically slow - maybe waiting for US open and Trade Balance ????

elbart said:
Mate, it will workout eventually. Keep :) ing.

I think it was you Elbert that pointed out the inverse H&S yesterday. It was for that reason that I stayed in and am now up 361 pips. Only a quid a pip.

Ta

droog said:
I think it was you Elbert that pointed out the inverse H&S yesterday. It was for that reason that I stayed in and am now up 361 pips. Only a quid a pip.

Ta

Drinks you on you mate :D - but remember only play with money you can afford to lose and that any posting should not influence you but just assist and guide in your own decision as to trade. ;)

Current days range 175 - has it got another 70 pips (or even more) to get to R2+ after yesterday's 325 range ????

elbart said:
Drinks you on you mate :D - but remember only play with money you can afford to lose and that any posting should not influence you but just assist and guide in your own decision as to trade. ;)

No probs. It was after you pointed it out that I read up on the pattern and then took the decision. First trade since last week when I had a loss and decided to stay out for a bit. Just closed at +380 as I have to go out. I still think it will reach 1.9.

Good luck everybody in which ever direction you take.

Well, finally some decent gains from the bounces, after all those stoplosses short being hit:
2x short 91 2x long at 57: 140pips, all in between +10

long again at 57 up to 92

Trade balance will finally add some chop, so does U of Michigan Consumer sentiment at 8.45pm

Forecasts for both slightly $-negative, we still may see 9050 being touched.

Last edited:
Replanted the minefield:
entry short at 8944 lim 09 sl 74
entry long at 9008 lim 43 sl 78
entry short at 9044 lim 09 sl 74
entry long at 9057 lim 92 sl 27
entry short at 9091 lim 56 sl 9121

Leaving out the entry short 8991 for the moment, to avoid another sl being hit when the initial move after trade balance is a spike up. If it's a spike down, kiss the 8957 long goodbye...

PS: maddeningly slow day up to here, though looking at a handsome profit right now:
Tokyo session: +24
London session: +150

Just realized: 170pips up is just about today's range... I could have just positiontraded, gone long at Tokyo open and done equally well following the trend.

But that's OK, as long as my "MonkeyBounce" (yep, thought of a name for my method :cheesy:) doesn't underperform a plain vanilla trendfollowing strategy :|

OMG :eek:

Last edited:
At second thought, MonkeyBounce will underperform on a "straight up/down, no breather" day. Luckily those days are rare, even though we've witnessed quite a few lately.

aha, movement! Stage being set for the NY session.

Thoughts starting to form on remedying underperformance: skew or bias in trend direction.

Either double-size the positions taken in the trend's direction (no nominal pip difference, but significant $$ diff.) or tighten the stops of the countertrend bounce positions (nominal pip diff.) or a combination of both... :?:

More backtesting this weekend :D

Last edited:
drats, short stopped out at 74, 170-30: +140
re-inserting entry short at 44

Very nice tweezer forming on the 15min chart

marmoset,

that was unlucky, it just touched 44 and then went up just over 74 and then it tumbled down past 44, I hope you had time to reinstate the short order