Best Thread Live Cable Trading

1.8855 hit, now what next? We've had a 310+ pips rally since 9:00 this morning, will it pull back or carry on regardless?

Added to my short at 8844, now trying to work out a decent stop loss so that I don't get taken out by a spike overnight

I'd be happier to see 1.8880 or there abouts before shorting - upper resistance, here's hoping. Thinking about it, I reckon that it will fall after 8pm, and over the couple of days it will reach this upper shorterm resistance line to reach 1.9000.

Last edited:
it's been in a tight 50 pips range for almost four hours, something has to happen, I am positioned short, stop losses and limit orders in place, if it does not move soon I will leave it overnight, see what our chums on the other side of the world would be up to

gold has retraced, cable should follow

gold is even lower, cable stays within range and eveb shows signs of going north :rolleyes:

stop and limit orders in place, going against the book by keeping positions overnight, may the force be with the shorts, I am off, good night everybody

Last edited:
mark twain uk said:
If I wouldn't know you better I'd say this is really funny, but hey, good luck to you/us. The price of USD is closely linked to the price of gold, and the latter has gone haywire, it went from $420 to $520 in 38 weeks, from $520 to $620 in 15 weeks and from $620 to $720 in 6 or 7 weeks. It can only go two ways from here, either gold hits $1,000 in the next few weeks, or there will be a massive correction and many pockets will get burnt. I think that it is more likely for the gold to go to $1,000 than to have a major correction, but the latter can happen, in which case the dollar will stage a recovery. Alternatively, Gordon Brown can become the next prime minister and the pound can tumble faster than you can say "cable".

Wheeeeee :cheesy:

My gold coin collection just doubled in price? Here's a happy camper :D Half of it is rare years collector items, the other half are duds (flaws etc.) that'll fetch a nice gold-content price on E-Bay. Paranoid Yanks pay premium prices for anything goldcoin for their TEOFTWAWKI (the end of the world as we know it) delusions. edited to add: so I can move my expensive hobby's stoploss to b/e? Cool! :cool:

Last edited:
The setup somehow does seem that we could get up to 1.8940 (R1) and then upto 1.9000+ (R2 being at 1.9060 ish) today ????? ;)

elbart said:
The setup somehow does seem that we could get up to 1.8940 (R1) and then upto 1.9000+ (R2 being at 1.9060 ish) today ????? ;)
Good Call mate Did you go long then

Wasn't planning on trading Cable today and was simply analysing volatility clusters for a related area of research, but I noticed something interesting.

Normal out-of-hours doldrums which is just starting to pick up ahead of the UK 'open'. All fine and dandy.

But looking at the clusters I get a potential indication of significant activity today. The current 'lift' into the UK 'open' may be just the normal "first fake of the day".

The S & R aren't that easy to be specific about, but I'd pin my attention on pure action today and especially around the 8810 and 8916.

8842/84 looks like being set as the kick-off range.

Let's see.

rav700 said:
Good Call mate Did you go long then

I went long at 1.8834 this morning. May take profit now and will decide where to go from here, after London open depending how things pan out.

+35 pips made

Last edited:
TheBramble said:
Wasn't planning on trading Cable today and was simply analysing volatility clusters for a related area of research, but I noticed something interesting.

Normal out-of-hours doldrums which is just starting to pick up ahead of the UK 'open'. All fine and dandy.

But looking at the clusters I get a potential indication of significant activity today. The current 'lift' into the UK 'open' may be just the normal "first fake of the day".

The S & R aren't that easy to be specific about, but I'd pin my attention on pure action today and especially around the 8810 and 8916.

8842/84 looks like being set as the kick-off range.

Let's see.

Thanks TheBramble for that insight. How do these volatility clusters work then - sounds interseting. :)

morning all,

I am still short, but only just, got within two pips of my stop loss, I seem to be in a minority here with my short position, let's see what the day will bring

elbart said:
Shorterm Upper resistance at 1.8909 now reached.... to see if it breaks it now.
Who are you using for your datafeed? I made it 916 - on the button :LOL:

edit: well, 915 actually...... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
TheBramble said:
Who are you using for your datafeed? I made it 916 - on the button :LOL:

edit: well, 915 actually...... :rolleyes:

I use Metatrader and the highest it's been is 913...but I guess datafeeds can be 1 or 2 pips out.

So 916 has been reached - not the pure move then. Are you looking for it going higher from there for the purer move ?