Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Actually Brambs I would say the opposite is true its easy to get into a trade the hard part is to stay out if there is no trade on offer all day

TheBramble said:
Even when the price started to move up at about 2:30, I still had no solid 'feel' or systemic indication and especially no desire to enter this market.

I can't remember such a nasty spiky little bar steward.

The fact I haven't taken a trade today on Cable, nor likely to if it maintains it's long-tailed-ness, I am viewing as successful adherence to my trading methods for this instrument.

However, as per the title of this post, if any of you have managed to take money today so far on Cable, and done so other than through pure luck, you are indeed a better man than me.

In the same boat...was long at 394, stops at 364 and the fecker took me out. I too have not seen anything like that for a while so I'm not altering the battle plans just yet !!! Put it down to the cold weather in New York.

And no... did not re-enter the long which I should have done around 410... currenly lining up a short on a break below 425.....

FetteredChinos said:
trading 1-2-3's kaffee?

Er.. no (pretending he knows what they are) it's called a ruler and pencil sytem.

Just connecting the lows for the last up leg and see a break (down) around 425.....

Probably go to tits... every I touch goes up in smoke.

Kaffee said:
Er.. no (pretending he knows what they are) it's called a ruler and pencil sytem.

Just connecting the lows for the last up leg and see a break (down) around 425.....

Probably go to tits... every I touch goes up in smoke.

pretty much the same thing... seeking a break of a trendline/prior low after an uptrend..

it does work in the long run.. have faith :)

FetteredChinos said:
pretty much the same thing... seeking a break of a trendline/prior low after an uptrend..

it does work in the long run.. have faith :)

Cheers. But I'm still not doing your dusting. ;)

I guess not all trades exited

Should have gone the pub

Ive just been reminded its valentines day tomorrow "and you need to think outside the box dear"

Well, anyway...

An unusually devoid day on Cable for me. Switched my attention over the pond to Nasland and equally lacking. Perhaps just me. Anyone have fun/profits today? Yuk!

On a positive note, Cable did (sort of) keep within the lower band I mentioned this morning

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showpost.php?p=236146&postcount=4236

(-10 pips) and did revert to Frankfurt/London's mean values.

However, knowing it is one thing - trading it, quite another...

Tuesday, February 14th 2006

I little more room to play today 388/465 and although the current action (08:00 GMT) is tightening a little, earlier flexing indicates we get some clearer indications shortly.

The daily and hourly is still looking relatively flat and this is perfect ground for multiple false moves to be born and to die. Tight stops are the order of the day and a 'relaxed' approach called for.

Certainly a day to wait for the signal bar to complete (if you use such things) rather than any attempt to anticipate them.

Value area I believe may gravitate around the 420/433 area. Wide enough to kid you into thinking a quick trade is worthwhile and narrow enough to make it a scalp at best.

I personally will be waiting for defined and confimed (retest or pressure moves) outside this central value area and moves back toward it from the outer bands or from beyond them.

Last edited:
cant we anticipate an upmove ?
the 440-445 area has shown resistance, which appears to be constantly tested without a serious rejection, except the 370 dip yesterday.

how did hans do y'day ?

trendie said:
cant we anticipate an upmove ?
the 440-445 area has shown resistance, which appears to be constantly tested without a serious rejection, except the 370 dip yesterday.

how did hans do y'day ?

Dunno about Hans... but Cable is looking like a short on the 5 min chart.

Lower Highs since 6.30.... support at 410.... how much downside though ?

Morning all...I reckon theres a quick 20+ pip short in this market..down to 405..much will depend on CPI though.

darktone said:
funny how we all see things differently...im looking long through 450! :LOL:

Long time no see on these bords mon ami...does that mean you are making 200+ pips per day??!!!