Best Thread Live Cable Trading

No I meant 3 if it goes to 2 then the flood gates will open and everyone will know what the big boys are up to. But they dont't want you to know

by the time the flood gates open the big boys will have jumped ship and will be watching from the quay side

2nd profit taken at 20

looking at 235 for the rest if we get back to the 451 first then I will add again

I wonder how hans is today by my reckoning he is 100 pips up as the market is about to pullback

ps...

the number of people viewing this thread always increasing during periods of volatility... its like a b@stardised version of ATR :)

dc2000 said:
I wonder how hans is today by my reckoning he is 100 pips up as the market is about to pullback

maybe, but not too much past 7340 by my reckoning...

downtrend still firmly intact on the lower timeframes..

Agreed FC
I was just wondering what he might be thinking after last week I think one of his trades went 100 pips up only to be stopped at B/E

FetteredChinos said:
ps...

the number of people viewing this thread always increasing during periods of volatility... its like a b@stardised version of ATR :)
Which, not strangely at all, is something Steidlymayer relates about the CBOT pits. He could get a good handle on volatility from the number of people in the pits.

Question for the full time people here.... seeing as it's amateur psychology night.

What is it that makes trading (Cable or otherwise) profitable for you. Is it the trade win/loss ratio (which logically has to be greater than 1:1) or is it the value of the wins v's the value of loss ??

Both.

edit: It isn't a logical or arithmetic prerequisite that W:L has to be greater than 1 to be profitable. You just need to be making more on your cumulative winning trades than you lose on your cumulative losing trades.

Having said that, it does make more sense to be making more winning trades than losing trades.

I've often wondered if it is possible to have a worse than 50:50 system? I mean, can anybody trade worse than a random coin toss? :LOL:

Last edited:
Kaffee said:
Question for the full time people here.... seeing as it's amateur psychology night.

What is it that makes trading (Cable or otherwise) profitable for you. Is it the trade win/loss ratio (which logically has to be greater than 1:1) or is it the value of the wins v's the value of loss ??

the latter..

i often trade with a risk/reward in the 2:1 bracket.. but that is because i like the feeling of being right more often than wrong..as a result it is the value of the wins that outweighs the losses..

i can call direction pretty accurately, it is the exits that i struggle with from time to time..

i am psychologically retarded and like to be proved right..:)

on another note, a nice little Grail trade to the south side just been triggered.

FC

TheBramble said:
Both.

edit: It isn't a logical or arithmetic prerequisite that W:L has to be greater than 1 to be profitable. You just need to be making more on your cumulative winning trades than you lose on your cumulative losing trades.

Having said that, it does make more sense to be making more winning trades than losing trades.

I've often wondered if it is possible to have a worse than 50:50 system? I mean, can anybody trade worse than a random coin toss? :LOL:

It is logical if your win size is less than the size of your loss :D !!!

TheBramble said:
I've often wondered if it is possible to have a worse than 50:50 system? I mean, can anybody trade worse than a random coin toss? :LOL: [/I]

thats not a bad idea...

how about we setup a random traders thread..

basic rules being..

limit and stop must be equidistant from entry

lowest # of wins from say, 10 trades wins £500 courtesy of the Sharky Hardship Fund. :cheesy: