Best Thread Live Cable Trading

:) lucky sods, some of us trade the euro. just have to take what it gives, on my 10 th trade though, :confused: shame its not breaking, chipping away at it here, flat now , waiting til new york.. dithering about the low of last week.

Hmmm I note you cable guys get spoilt on pips some days, tanking 50 when ive been holding euro and its not budged.....

was in danger of getting interesting then!! back into the range we go...

am still selling bounces though, until the hourlies turn up (which they are close to doing so, but not yet)

zuke said:
First trade of what I HOPE will be a profitable week.. LONG 393 Stop 363 Target 483

EDIT..That good old Zuke specialty that I like to lecture newbies against doing..trading against the trend!!

Guys..Anyone use Oanda? On my charts, I make the daily low 363 but my 363 stop wasn't triggered :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

dailyfx has the low at 362..

i wouldnt complain really, as you got a lucky escape..

you are going to be stopped out before 6pm though :)

FetteredChinos said:

am still selling bounces though, until the hourlies turn up (which they are close to doing so, but not yet)

What do you mean with "hourlies turn up"? Do you use MA/EMA?

no, i mean that the hourlies start forming patterns of higher highs and higher lows..

at the moment we are getting lower lows..but it looks like that is about to change..

fc

Attachments

• downward bias.gif
    downward bias.gif
    26.2 KB · Views: 155
zuke said:
Guys..Anyone use Oanda? On my charts, I make the daily low 363 but my 363 stop wasn't triggered :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

low 363 on oanda........ must be your lucky day....... :)

FetteredChinos said:

Wow, look at that thing go!!! 5 pips straight up. Hope you guys all got on board!!!

G-Man

IB did 3 deals at 1.7363 for $12m in total

You got very lucky. I didn't and was stopped out a couple of pips higher!

JonnyT

zuke said:

Well Ive closed this for a "gain" of 7 pips. I've either got an angel looking over me or need to go out and buy some lottery tickets!

zuke said:
Hi Zuke,

...just swapped to pipette view on Oanda and the low was 1.73635

Thats Morethan lucky

yall ready for dis do dedo do do

and the Dow !well remember those big slides when you were young before councils were worried about being sued

dc2000 said:
Thats Morethan lucky

yall ready for dis do dedo do do

and the Dow !well remember those big slides when you were young before councils were worried about being sued

Im keep expecting my phone to ring and a guy from Oanda saying "give us our pips back".

ChowClown said:
Hi Zuke,

...just swapped to pipette view on Oanda and the low was 1.73635

Thats what I thought..maybe they'll adjust my account later on.

You're All Better Men Than Me

Even when the price started to move up at about 2:30, I still had no solid 'feel' or systemic indication and especially no desire to enter this market.

I can't remember such a nasty spiky little bar steward.

The fact I haven't taken a trade today on Cable, nor likely to if it maintains it's long-tailed-ness, I am viewing as successful adherence to my trading methods for this instrument.

However, as per the title of this post, if any of you have managed to take money today so far on Cable, and done so other than through pure luck, you are indeed a better man than me.

edit: defn:spiky

Although there were a couple of 'interesting' spikes (09:30 & 13:30) I mean by spiky that on the 5 min chart for most of today's bars, the real body was relatively small in comparison to the wick (for candlers) or the open-close was narrow in relation to the high-low (darksiders and unwashed). And by relatively I mean for Cable based on the last few weeks. Think that covers everything...

Last edited:
I'm short @33 for a cheeky little punt on it not getting past 445 resistance. stop at 50

EDIT
Should add alos like short term studies turning over and hourlies getting up to over bought

good work tony...:) being out when it is like this is probably for the best..

am hoping for a bit of downwards movement into the US close though...

currently -2 units for the day...could do with turning that positive before hometime... :)