Best Thread Live Cable Trading

whatever happened to old Baz150 ?

I was looking foward to his "frighteningly accurate" calls.
he barely lasted 2 days on this thread.
is he still about ?

up and down - wonder why?

Story so far.
Have I drawn the Big Ben(6am to 7am) and overnight Asian (Midnight to 7am)range lines in as per you peeps use them?

Attachments

• monday13.JPG
    monday13.JPG
    170.1 KB · Views: 203
dc2000 said:
long at 80 stop at 340 target 493

None of my indicators are showing a turn just yet on the 5 min.... but I suspect it will be around the 80 level.

neil said:
Story so far.
Have I drawn the Big Ben(6am to 7am) and overnight Asian (Midnight to 7am)range lines in as per you peeps use them?

Big Ben (for the purpose of this thread) is the 7-8 GMT breakout.

Kaffee said:
None of my indicators are showing a turn just yet on the 5 min.... but I suspect it will be around the 80 level.

I'm getting more bullish by the minute.

The next hour will tell.

Will we have another test of 75?

JonnyT

JonnyT said:
I'm getting more bullish by the minute.

The next hour will tell.

Will we have another test of 75?

JonnyT

First target for a long would be to attack that overhead channel that began at 4.30 GMT IMHO...

Cable - story so far

Heres a chart of Cable. Seems to flow better than Euro. Perhaps thats why most people prefer Cable - better flow plus more activity - one feeding the other?
Hope I've drawn the ranges correctly - well thats how I sometimes use them.

Attachments

• monday13.JPG
    monday13.JPG
    168.4 KB · Views: 158
Nasty up bar at 1055 on 5 min chart followed by equally sharp reversal bar......any news release there?

FetteredChinos said:
what happened to the proper volatility of old...

its been a tight range for far too long...

FC..I see you have been using digitals (used to structure exotics for a number of IB) how are you finding it?

going well so far...

up 18% on a demo account since start of feb. will be testing this strategy until the end of the month before going live...

it is simply buying dips and selling rallies in the direction of the higher trend... because im effectively adding to losers and to winners, the equity curve is a tad spikey, but overall im satisfied with performance..

because once a position is purchased, there is little you can do to get out of it.. it is quite stressfree. just fire and forget, and then survey the damage/success at the end of the day.

will be better placed to comment in a few more weeks though, but initial results look rather promising :)

FetteredChinos said:
going well so far...

up 18% on a demo account since start of feb. will be testing this strategy until the end of the month before going live...

it is simply buying dips and selling rallies in the direction of the higher trend... because im effectively adding to losers and to winners, the equity curve is a tad spikey, but overall im satisfied with performance..

because once a position is purchased, there is little you can do to get out of it.. it is quite stressfree. just fire and forget, and then survey the damage/success at the end of the day.

will be better placed to comment in a few more weeks though, but initial results look rather promising :)

Good stuff! Keep us posted!

On the 5th wave now, it should go below 17375 target 17330 to 17270 but it could turn around anywhere below 17375. This fall has been very similar to the fall 12th Dec to 28th Dec 2005 on the hourly.

Breadman