Best Thread Live Cable Trading

JonnyT said:

Morning JT... quick question if I may.... Given your adversity to breakouts.. and assuming this a top of the range reverse trade... what channel/trend line are you looking at ? I can't see one on any chart from 1 min to 1 hour

Oh, been a bit slack with this recently.... Hans123 Update.

The results of 02/07:

EUR/USD:
long at 1.2007, stopped out by SL, result -44 pips
short at 1.1963, closed at 24.00 CET, result -21 pips
short at 1.1956, closed at 24.00 CET, result -28 pips

GBP/USD:
long at 1.7511, stopped out by SL, result -48 pips
short at 1.7463, stopped out by moved SL, result 0 pips
short at 1.7441, closed at 24.00 CET, result -26 pips

Total for the day: -167 pips
Total for this month: +282 pips

Hans

trendie said:
what a system !! to lose 167, and still be 282 up after 5 trading days.

He his definitely onto something.... but how to tune it.... different time channel, bigger filter, smaller stop loss and re-enter... I just don't know.

But I can tell you this.... his thread has helped enormously with me starting to accept losses.

You don't have to win everyday... too often I've tried to turn a day around only to take it up the jacksy all day long..... and it kind of stings after a while !!! ;)

Given Trendies' analysis of the frequency of day's lows in the 8-10 range.... 7400 the floor today ?

Kaffee said:
He his definitely onto something.... but how to tune it.... different time channel, bigger filter, smaller stop loss and re-enter... I just don't know.

But I can tell you this.... his thread has helped enormously with me starting to accept losses.

You don't have to win everyday... too often I've tried to turn a day around only to take it up the jacksy all day long..... and it kind of stings after a while !!! ;)

ahh. heres something to make such days less stressful.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Attachments

• 8366.jpg
    8366.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 110
seriously,

today is a Blue Day. and tends to have the major turning points. Dont know if I had mentioned this before. will need to check.
and also there is the Double Bottom at approx 7400 ( sorry Kaffee ).
so the TA is saying something.

EDIT: Turning Points could also mean major continuation.
I am still trialling the Stochs / MACD approach as per DiNapoli.

EDIT2: chart of my attempt at Delta. I may be finding patterns that dont exist, but Blue Days seem to hold the major turns.

Attachments

• delta_004.GIF
    delta_004.GIF
    165.3 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
still biased to the short side... 7235 looks a likely target... 165 pt mouth minimum..

Attachments

• triangle.gif
    triangle.gif
    26.5 KB · Views: 163
FetteredChinos said:
still biased to the short side... 7235 looks a likely target... 165 pt mouth minimum..

Oh damn. My monies on seeing 7635 before we see 7235. :rolleyes:

I hope not I'm looking to have some major coin on a 495 short later

If we go below 381 into US open then I will revise my entry

Last edited:
Uphios said:
Oh damn. My monies on seeing 7635 before we see 7235. :rolleyes:

Really that must mean you are "THE" market maker. I am just waiting it is looking long but then the market has a way of going up 50points and then going the other way for now it is still a bearish day. Unless it breaks 60 well.

eatontrade said:
OK, for what its worth here's my prediction............

Daily studies are still heading lower, hourlies have worked out oversold bias so am now looking for resumption of downtrend.

1.7250 is the bottom of the trend channel which runs up from Dec to here and is also the 76.4% fib retracement for the 28thNov to 25th Jan rally....should be enough space for this before Dailies are oversold.

I'm still standing by this

Hi folks

Not been here for quite some time so go easy on me :LOL:

Ive traded breakouts for coming into my 5th year full time and is the bread and butter of my trading. Like with all trading set ups you will not get them every day and patience for the set up to develop is paramount.

I would look for a range during the Asian range as this is typically when they will regularly occur. the range needs to be <50 pips on something like cable or about 35% of the average daily range. Ideally this will occur at the high/low end of the previous days trading range. One easy way of ID'ing the range is to look at the 4 hour charts and look for 2 small bars. In other words I am looking for a range that has lasted for approximately 8 hours. The direction is usually in line with the move into the range but this is not always the case and some simple TA will help you ID IF there is a good each way bet on. After this I simply trade a pullback after the range has broken or a reversal (123) off the same zone. If there is a runaway move there will alway be a pullback even if this is on the lower TF's so I will alway be on the move.

An alternative range break out/reversal is to use the previous days high and lows and look for a similar set up on the 60 min charts for a pullback or a reversal.

All this information is available here on the articles section of the site or from my own site. I dont do signals as I catch my own fish and eat them and I would hope that any serious trader will do the same.

HTH

NB

trendie said:
Phil "Newtron Bomb" Newton trades BOs of the asian session.
however, having identified the actual BO, he waits for it to retrace.
Usually a doji pattern, then enters the direction the BO from a "lower-risk" area.
see his website. cant find it at the moment. perhaps someone can post the link.
he has a video-demo of a recent trade.

taking the retrace, he reckons he reduces being stopped out by spikes, and also has lower risk when taking the trade.
however, when the market really takes off without retracing, I dont know what he does.

EDIT: www.trading-strategies.info