Best Thread Live Cable Trading

The break of the 400 point triangle on the NFP data last Friday, has clearly sent Cable into a sharp tailspin that could see 1.7300 soon if the triangle target is hit…

Also I note that a gap was left at the start of the new year rally at 1.7200ish (also a corresponding gap on the dollar index)

Markets seem to remember these gaps and they often prove to be legitimate targets, so I’m wondering if suggestions of dollar weakness this year will be put on hold until the Fed signals a halt to the rate hikes in some months time…

But it’s not a one way ticket of course – a rally to test the prior 1.7530ish support level as resistance could be on the cards imho now that there seems to be temporary support around 1.7400 (interest rate decisions permitting….. ;) )

Attachments

• 08-02-06.gif
    08-02-06.gif
    23.8 KB · Views: 153
  • 08-02-06a.gif
    08-02-06a.gif
    26.3 KB · Views: 129
Where have all the traders gone?
Long time passing
Long time ago
Gone to pasture every one
When will they ever learn?

Mrng peeps :cheesy:

dc2000 said:
Long time passing
Long time ago
Gone to pasture every one

Mrng peeps :cheesy:

Lol..morning DC..Im very happy this morning as a wonderful setup emerged to short in the 460 area..managed to get 40 pips so Ive hit my daily target before 9am :LOL: Im still -25 for the week though.

Show me the way to use Camarilla,
So that I can get trade and get good fills-a
Show me the way to trade Camarilla,
To collect the loot that waits for me.

Up day or down day ?

With everyone expecting BOE to hold rates am thinking of being short at 12 o'clock. If they hold rates cable shouldn't see much of a rise, if they cut - whahey !

I'm thinking that even if cable does strengthen in the event of no change there shouldnt be a huge gap upwards so I can protect this with a stop without too much fear of slippage.

If anyone thinks that this is a rubbish idea would appreciate feedback.

hi Zuke Im also smilin for the very same reason although I took 459 as the asian sesh went ballistic in the we hours.
for the week Im up on points :) but down on £££s :(

Trendie
Im looking for a down day but not from here I want a much better price

Last edited:
Does anyone here trade the CME futures? If so, are there any decent simulators? Ive been trading the spot all this time, but am thinking of adding to my "repertoire"

zuke said:
Does anyone here trade the CME futures? If so, are there any decent simulators? Ive been trading the spot all this time, but am thinking of adding to my "repertoire"

I have been trading Cable via CME Direct Access through Tradestation for a while.

I dont know of a simulator but here are a few observations which may be of use;

The spread is great, normally 1 or 2 pips depending on the time of day (obviously US hours more liquid).
The other advantage is that you get to see market depth, although as the futures market is so much smaller than the cash this isnt much of a clue to future direction.

The futures do tend to move ahead of CMC prices (and my stradestation charts) so most effective entries tend to be via limit orders rather than trying to jump on a move, as the futures will have already moved away and you will not be able to buy on the Bid.

FetteredChinos said:
hourlies pointing upwards, and so i am trading accordingly,, buying dips on the 5 min chart...

Upwards? The trend has been down for several days now...! :cheesy:

eatontrade said:
I have been trading Cable via CME Direct Access through Tradestation for a while.

I dont know of a simulator but here are a few observations which may be of use;

The spread is great, normally 1 or 2 pips depending on the time of day (obviously US hours more liquid).
The other advantage is that you get to see market depth, although as the futures market is so much smaller than the cash this isnt much of a clue to future direction.

The futures do tend to move ahead of CMC prices (and my stradestation charts) so most effective entries tend to be via limit orders rather than trying to jump on a move, as the futures will have already moved away and you will not be able to buy on the Bid.

The CME website posts Time & Sales info which yuo could view/compare to cash prices....

Baruch said:
Upwards? The trend has been down for several days now...! :cheesy:
This is true. But since 18:00 (GMT) yesterday the hourly was on an uptrend.

A trend which reversed back to down shortly after FC's post...

(How do you do it mate???? :LOL: )

BTW - Cable currently balancing its 'tails' on an inflexion point or fulcrum point at 7408. Which is BS-speak for 'could go either way'.

eatontrade said:
The CME website posts Time & Sales info which yuo could view/compare to cash prices....

Eaton..thanks for all the info..do you find the futures preferable to trading the spot?