Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Actually, only a few of us post live on here but thats ok...I dont mind making a foll of myself when I get stopped out!! In fact.. darktone once gave me some great feedback on one of my trades. We are all here to help each other..there's plenty of pips to go around :LOL:

Gap Man said:
Steady Kaffe - you must be ignoring the 2 or 3 live calls DC made on GBP today....

People such as DC are people to learn from but don't expect it put on a plate....

And PS you were being rude ;)

Saw the short at 77.... only after a "back in the game post" and the question asked by me.

If he is making 100 -200 points a day, on cable, Dow or whatever, then yes, he is indeed someone I want to learn from. But does "Back in the game" tell you what the trade position is, target and stops ?!?

And no I wasn't being rude... but take it that way if you so wish.

zuke said:
Actually, only a few of us post live on here but thats ok...I dont mind making a foll of myself when I get stopped out!! In fact.. darktone once gave me some great feedback on one of my trades. We are all here to help each other..there's plenty of pips to go around :LOL:

And you're another one I want to learn from... particularly this open the trade and walk away malarky !! ;)

Kaffee said:
Saw the short at 77.... only after a "back in the game post" and the question asked by me.

If he is making 100 -200 points a day, on cable, Dow or whatever, then yes, he is indeed someone I want to learn from. But does "Back in the game" tell you what the trade position is, target and stops ?!?

And no I wasn't being rude... but take it that way if you so wish.

No probs - changed my perspective and no longer think you were :cheesy:

do those two spike lows count as tweezer bottoms ( 05:00 y'day and 16:00 today ) , or are they too far apart ?

EDIT: as seen on hourly charts, MT4; the times seem to be 1-hour ahead for hourlies on mine.

Kaffe
The spreadbetters work on the price of the futures so there price may not always follow the spot price, at least thats their explanation although there is a belief that they can move the price slightly dependant on their exposure

On the placing of live trades etc
The way I trade intraday is by working out my calculations for entry and exit the night before this means that I know before the market opens where I would be prepared to enter at a low enough risk

Last night I posted the following
432 eh, Nice!! I would be happy with 535 especially from 660 area

we'll see what tomorrow brings
I did post after the 120 point remark and I did get it wrong

As for making it a contest, if there's a 360 Modena as fist prize I would be interested if its a cornflake then I will pass

Kaffee, DC has a lovely "dry" sense of humour, which is a welcome sideshow to his very good technical work. Every now and then his posts might seem a little cryptic, but I think on the whole it's just his wicked personality coming through! :LOL:
As far as the SB price is concerned - it is just their way of "manipulating " the price movement in their own favour, depending on where they think the majority of players are likely to want to position themselves. If you think it's bad in fx, just take some time to watch the e-mini Dow futures (YM), compared to the US 30 say from CMC. This is my main market, and believe me what they can do with price is nearly criminal! :rolleyes: At least they moved the spread down from 5 to 4 points over the year!
Try to imagine the spread as a band of price which they then allow the "real" price to move within, as indeed the band also moves with the price, if you see what I mean? Not very easy to explain, especially on a BB - perhaps someone else is a touch more eloquent.
Cheers
Q

dc2000 said:
Kaffe
The spreadbetters work on the price of the futures so there price may not always follow the spot price, at least thats their explanation although there is a belief that they can move the price slightly dependant on their exposure

On the placing of live trades etc
The way I trade intraday is by working out my calculations for entry and exit the night before this means that I know before the market opens where I would be prepared to enter at a low enough risk

Last night I posted the following

I did post after the 120 point remark and I did get it wrong

As for making it a contest, if there's a 360 Modena as fist prize I would be interested if its a cornflake then I will pass

Yes I did see one of your posts with two prices... I gather now that they were you long or short entry points ?! (I think it might even have been in response to your 120 pip target post actually)

Hope you didn't take offence... I don't want to get on the wrong side of anybody... but judging by the number of people leaping to your defence it looks like i have !! :(

Apologies to the board.

Catch you all tomorrow.

Quercus said:
Kaffee, DC has a lovely "dry" sense of humour, which is a welcome sideshow to his very good technical work. Every now and then his posts might seem a little cryptic, but I think on the whole it's just his wicked personality coming through! :LOL:
As far as the SB price is concerned - it is just their way of "manipulating " the price movement in their own favour, depending on where they think the majority of players are likely to want to position themselves. If you think it's bad in fx, just take some time to watch the e-mini Dow futures (YM), compared to the US 30 say from CMC. This is my main market, and believe me what they can do with price is nearly criminal! :rolleyes: At least they moved the spread down from 5 to 4 points over the year!
Try to imagine the spread as a band of price which they then allow the "real" price to move within, as indeed the band also moves with the price, if you see what I mean? Not very easy to explain, especially on a BB - perhaps someone else is a touch more eloquent.
Cheers
Q

I would have thought they would be on the Offer side in a downtrend and vice versa...but whatever the price action is doing, they always seem to be "offer biased"

It's not a problem, just interested to know really.

Cheers

No Offence taken at all Kaffee

It does seem I have a bigger fan base than The Osmonds ( I have two )

Baruch said:
This afternoon it does...Just playing after the book as it should. :cheesy: But I don't care, if it doesn't, because I just trade the flow after the news. If you know how to do it, it's like a free lunch.

Well, 100 pips trading the news this afternoon is not so bad, but I dont think there is much interest for news/fundamental in this forum, so I suppose I will try to find another one. Good trading to your all!

PS. And remember Big Baruch. :cheesy: