Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Kaffee said:
Short Baruch ?

No trades yet. I always trade the news, but not this time - because I don't know, as I said, if those news are bad or good. PS. Anyone trading Big Ben should be long now...

PS. According to MNI there was no surprises among the eco news.

Kaffee said:
Short Baruch ?

Went short @ 14 but out at 96. Cable looks strong but the Eur weakness seems to be affecting it market is waiting PPI for us but...

I dont like the way it is going took 3 hits in the morning.. not bad hits but that tells me to beware of the bulls there are lurking in the dark... :cheesy:

coolTrader said:
Went short @ 14 but out at 96. Cable looks strong but the Eur weakness seems to be affecting it market is waiting PPI for us but...

I dont like the way it is going took 3 hits in the morning.. not bad hits but that tells me to beware of the bulls there are lurking in the dark... :cheesy:

Were they all to the short side ?

Ah Mr Feng Shui... was does the tantric method tell you today ?

no trade as yet
correction 620 and short
correction stopped out

Last edited:
FYI

London,
December 20: Cable has rebounded towards 1.7630 (approximate early Europe high),
after dipping to lows circa 1.7593 (yesterday"s NY session base) on the back of
November"s worse-than-expected UK public finance data (See 42331 ). The pre-data
rise to 1.7630 was aided by news that Morgan Stanley has agreed to buy the
Goldfish credit card business from Lloyds TSB for GBP 1bn cash (FT website).
In contrast to the public finance data: the BBA"s revelation that UK mortgage
lending rose by GBP 5.1bn in November--the biggest increase for 16 months, is
GBP-positive. The BBA data comes on the heels of a big improvement in November"s
RICS housing market balance to +4, from minus 8 in October.
GBP/USD offers are touted into 1.7640 (early Asian session base), with further
sell interest tipped at 1.7650/60. Some stops reportedly reside at/above 1.7670.
Sub-1.7593 support points: 1.7575 (Asian session low), and 1.7520. The latter
level is a 38.2% Fibo retracement point of the ascent from 1.7049 (Nov 28 low)
to 1.7810 (last Wednesday"s high). [email protected]

[IFR Forex Watch]
[SQUAWK BOX]

Big Ben to 9.00 didn't cut it today, short at 7596 stopped out for 20 point loss, long at 31 for a break even trade of +20

Levels on the day.

Ho hum... Really must rack up the points during the good times.

I will put hard stop at breakeven when we get to 36 and will adjust target slightly as we went a little higher than expected

Thought I would give everyone a laugh by showing my attempt at Elliott Wave counts. :)

Attachments

• EW_001.GIF
    EW_001.GIF
    166.4 KB · Views: 168
trendie said:
Thought I would give everyone a laugh by showing my attempt at Elliott Wave counts. :)

Not an EW expert, but doesnt look too bad to me. Is there someone here more qualified to comment?

Interesting, if wave C was lower that would tie in with my expectations

But Im no great Ewaver either my book is still sealed