Best Thread Live Cable Trading

zuke said:
Im hoping you shorted the break of 60? Im short @555 looking for 30 pips for target 1 and then will start to scale out my 5 lots

Closed trade for -2 ahead of the BOE minutes

Out at 43... +14.

That'll do me for Big Ben action. Watch it tank another 100 now !!

Edit:- Sorry entry was 57... Caps filled the 58 order at 57. So +14 is right.

I know we've lost the boards resident news trader... but how about this for a viable strategy:-

Set orders at + - 20 of price just before big news e.g. NFP, FOMC minutes etc

In the hope of nabbing a handful of pips. Cancel the orders say 15-20 mins after news if neither have been filled. Really just trying to catch the inital spike.

Do orders get "honoured" with any degree of reliability ?

Kaffee said:
Out at 43... +14.

Bollox... gonna fade myself in the future !!

they do get filled the problem with that strategy is that often on news especially FOMC it spikes both ways so you get filled the wrong way and stopped on the right way

dc2000 said:
they do get filled the problem with that strategy is that often on news especially FOMC it spikes both ways so you get filled the wrong way and stopped on the right way

1) Is that "always" the case ? And what is the size of the spike on average ?

2) If the fake spike is stopped out and the true spike reverses by more than the stop then the trade is pip positive - result =happiness ?

Anyone tried it out ??

Not tried it on FX but tried on Dow many moons ago didnt really work that well much better to let it spike around then look for 1st pullback and trade that

I had a fill but have jumped off for -12

dc2000 said:
Not tried it on FX but tried on Dow many moons ago didnt really work that well much better to let it spike around then look for 1st pullback and trade that

I had a fill but have jumped off for -12

Unfortunately DC I cannot "see" in charts the difference between consolidation and pullbacks. Always been a problem for me.... I was just thinking about what Baruch said about "free lunch"

I guess it's a balance between finding the right filter and stop pip values... like ALL strategies.

Kaffee said:
Unfortunately DC I cannot "see" in charts the difference between consolidation and pullbacks. Always been a problem for me.... I was just thinking about what Baruch said about "free lunch"

I guess it's a balance between finding the right filter and stop pip values... like ALL strategies.

Hi again,

Yes, we got a new free nice lunch again. Always trade the news.
I am looking after a news/fundamental trading chat/website, but I have not found it yet. Obobtrader, which left us by the same reasons, said he would go to Forex Factory, but also there it is the chartists which rules... :cheesy:
Good trading!

Last edited:
Its enough to drive a man to drink

or at least get him to walk to the pub :cheesy:

and just as I get my coat on the thing moves

Last edited:
right I have long at 83 with 25 pip stop and my target is 3 pints down at the local

catch ya all latta

Kaffee said:
Out at 43... +14.

I'll be in the kitchen with my head in the gas oven in case anybody wants me......

Kaffee said:
I'll be in the kitchen with my head in the gas oven in case anybody wants me......

got a light for my ciggy, mate ? :cheesy: :cheesy:

EDIT: on a more serious-ish note.
My Elliott Wave analysis has been proven to be rather rubbish, as my expected ABC retrace has fallen big-time.
Need to step back and re-evaluate things.
as an aside, the firt few pages of the Elliott Wave Principle starts off with acknowledgements, and one of the guys mentioned is called Bernard BARUCH. :eek:

Last edited:
Hi Peeps
Q
was just looking for a quick scalp of the 4X

Room for another in there Kaffee, I did say 200 pip day, just had me screen upside down

I think its time for an overhaul of my comp whenever I get a java trading platform up its "no thankyou have a blue screen"

DC2000
Wadworths do make a fine brew, one I miss lots when down under! Glad to have been back in blighty for the last six months, and Christmas will include some wonderful Theakstons and 6X for me also! ;)
Interesting that you mention the blue screen thingy! Take a look here:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=17942
This has mysteriously stopped, over the last week or so, and I think it may be because I had to upgrade Java to version 5 in order to upgrade my TWS from IB! Don't know if it will help but might be worth a try. And don't forget that useless PC's also make very good sea anchors!!!!!!!!!!!! :LOL:
Q
Edit - just realised I've been mixing my drinks! :LOL:

Last edited:
Cheers Q
will give that a try I want to change a few things anyway and have a backup machine and less screens

Well boys and girls all looks pretty dull at the mo. Im short at 429..looking for 25 pips, stop and target. Unless the 9.30 data is mega..I cant see a lot of hope for cable bulls (famous last words!!)