JDTRADER - Forex Spreadbetting Journal

How do you rate JDTRADER ?

• Total voters
Eur/usd

So far going to plan gained 26.2 pips but 3 positions still open.

Looking for next take profit (TP) at 1.2625 & 1.2600

Nice to see it return from my down trend R line. Looks like I got in to early but was not expecting German IFO to be better than expected. If it went to plan we would be at 1.2600 below now but U.S. news to come should push to 1.2600 by late this afternoon.

BUT NOTHING IS CERTAIN IN FOREX lol

Keep trading the plan and all should come good. :cool:

Eur/usd & usd/jpy

Traded my plan missed a big up swing and down but my plan hit my pip target of 50 pips.

Also jumped in on USD/JPY scalping 5.3 pips

Total pips SO FAR today 83.1 giving me 216.4 for the week so far. (y)

I'm all out of positions and going for an afternoon break. Will pop back later to trade for another 33.6 pips to make 250 for Mon, Tue,Wed but only if I see the right signals for BUY/SELL.

STILL LOADS TO LEARN :smart:

But at last what I have learned is working in pratice. Can't look at the Balance as I'm only trading pennys but get the pips right and the balance will grow.

Open £23.40
Bal. £24.95 +£1.55

myfxbook is looking on the up lol
http://www.myfxbook.com/members/JDTRADER/jdtrader/3255

Funny how when things go right no comments on my Journal but if I post a bad trade of have a bad day I get comments all over my ass lol

Life is funny

I was confused how your balance went from £110 to £16!?

Changed platforms

Was on Smart Live Markets, Deposited £97 Withdrew £107.24

Already had an account with Oanda but had depositing issues in the past so last week sent £10 test deposit and a further £7 this week to confirm deposit process all ok. I just sent another £22 to Oanda and will top up account to £100.

SLM was ok but not for me as I could not get the charts the way I like them so back to the old Oanda platform. Pain in the bum getting funds on and off but I love the charts. Charts are very important to me as that's how I trade and set up entry and exit markers.

You can track all my trades on myfxbook link below, already up 216.4 pips this week.

Just scalped another 13.4 pips, so that's 229.8 for the week

Back to work tomorrow so probably no more trading for the week but I will see.........

Weekly Timetable Plan

Weekly Timetable Plan:

MON:
0530-1200 Work
1300-1430 Gym
1500-2130 Trade Online
TUE:
0600-1200 Trade Online
1200-1330 Gym
1400-0000 Work
WED:
0600-1200 Trade Online
1200-1330 Gym
1400-0000 Work
THU:
0600-1300 Trade Online
1300-1430 Gym
1730-0200 Work
FRI:
0700-1200 Trade Online
1300-0300 Work
SAT:
1100-1300 Gym
1730-0400 Work
SUN:
OFF !

Think I'm lucky as a Cab Driver I can be flexible in my work with the intention of trading my way to a new career, Day Trading at home. ahhh the dream......

Thursday 26th August 2010

Just getting ready for work and I took a SELL on EUR/USD

1.2715 stop 1.2725 Target 1.2660

Off to work, have a good one guys

Thursday 26th August 2010

Just getting ready for work and I took a SELL on EUR/USD

1.2715 stop 1.2725 Target 1.2660

Off to work, have a good one guys

Got stopped out -10.5 pips

Had to come home, went back to work to early after my op . Off till Saturday now

Friday 27th August 2010

Watching USD/JPY

Going to be a choppy day I think so going to be very picky on my entries and watch the news today.

Scalp to 50

Jumped in and out this morning with most enties hitting protective stops scalping my daily target of 50 pips.

Hit 50.7

Waiting for 13.30hrs for the news then I'll follow the money. 1.4% is the number but up or down.........

Eyes on USD/JPY & EUR/USD

Journal Update

Started 18th August 2010

WEEK ONE

Smart Live Markets
18/08/10 +£97.00 deposit
Traded there 18-20/08/10
+10 pips
Withdrew £107.24 +£10.24

Left Smart Live Markets to trade on Oanda

Oanda
18-20/08/10
18/08/10 +£10.00 deposit
+117.4 pips

WEEK TWO
22-27/08/10
24/08/10 +£7.00 deposit
+332.8 pips

JDTRADER account summary:
SLM +97.00
SLM -107.24
+10.24
Oanda +10.00
Oanda +7.00
Oanda Acc Bal. £28.15 (+11.15)

Its Friday ! I'm outta here

Guys fun day ?

Well it was choppy for a while and I have not yet optimised my trading but I'm hitting my goals (y)

Getting really confident in my charting even when it looks like a trade is going against me I have stuck to my plan and the trade comes good. Sailed close to the wind :cry: a couple of times but that's going to happen at this low balance.

My trading still needs a lot of tweaking :idea: to optimise my trades but sticking to my stop loss and using protective stops has made the difference from being a losing trader to a winning trader.

Once again over the weekend I will analyse my trades to see what I can do better next week.

Found trading on Oanda a lot easier than Smart Live Markets and glad I changed over. As I posted before sent £22 to Oanda so my account balance will be £50+ next week. The plan is to deposit again to top up account to £100 then its trade only, win or lose.

This week gained 332.8 pips which for me is amazing. :clap:

My trading goal was 50 pips per day, 250 per week to earn a living from trading so for me to hit that and not just to be lucky but actually planned and gained has blown me away this week :-0.

Get the pips right the balance will follow no matter how small or big the account balance. :cool:

Bank Holiday this coming Monday so not sure if I will trade but have a good weekend guys :)

Evening Update

Oanda just got my deposit

Acc. Bal to start next week £50.15

I'll be moving up to 5p per pip woot lol

Off to the Day Job but I will be at my desk for the Tokyo Open.

Watching this week USD/JPY. Will Japan jump in ?
I think not just yet but I see 83-81 so will buy on dips. Everyone looking for the bottom.

EUR/USD
Tons of news this week so could go either way. The bias is short but could go to 1.29 this week.

Oanda account topped up so will be trading 5p per point as long as my account is over £50 but will stick to Money Management and drop pence per point if needed and increase if the week goes good.

Last week had a lot of time off work but this week I have to work and catch up. Will be trading and my target is 125 pips

Good Trading Guys

ps
see I don't say Good Luck Guys.
If you need luck play POKER.
Plan - Trade - Stick to Plan - Cut Losers

I decided not to choose life

I decided to choose my future

Nice one JD, turning into a bit of a thread, hope you can continue to maintain 200-300 pips a week and your dream pans out. Will follow with interest.:clap:

Nice one JD, turning into a bit of a thread, hope you can continue to maintain 200-300 pips a week and your dream pans out. Will follow with interest.:clap:

Thank you :smart:

I think taking the step of treating this as a Business setting out a Business Plan and producing a Business Pack on my desk has kept me on track.

Its not a game
Its my life

"I don't go in to work thinking, am I going to be skillful, I know I am...what I want to know if I'm going to be lucky".

paraphrased.

hth

"I don't go in to work thinking, am I going to be skillful, I know I am...what I want to know is, am I going to be lucky".

"When I trade I know I have not got all the skills yet but I know I can learn. Time, Patience and a teeny weeny bit of luck and I know I will make it " JD 2010

Ok getting ready for Monday

Just re-charted for EUR/USD & USD/JPY

Little bit of Euro news Monday could bounce it up slightly Monday.

Yen broke the top of my down channel so I think a SELL will be on in the short term. Will look for BUY positions in the main on this pair. Japan's Governor speaks at 5.30am.

Just downloaded Rogue Trader and Million Dollar Traders, some viewing to be done.

Back on at Midnight.......