It is all a Fugazsy

one of my trades:

A bear swing, a block range (at the bottom), a break out that block range the way up, a break out of upper channel line and a break out of the resistance line, then we have a bear range bar, skipped the first entry due the strong move up and of the nature of that bear range bar..... in at the second entry, target profit reached in a jiffy...

So a fail break out range block, a failed break out of the upper channel line, a failed break out of the resistance line and a second entry which is more reliable entry.

All well here, having a break from the forum.....will be back. Ta.

Fugazsy.

yes, that's very interesting info on how to read a bar by bar account after a strong move up and reminds me to always remember to be range aware.
to be clear , when you say :the outside bar broke above and failed trapping the bulls you mean the large black bodied one with larger wicks that touches both the top and bottom of the cyan box.

broke also above the upper channel line.
see my attachment for the red and purple dynamic lines being retested at 8.00 am precisely

the third bar after 1 bar trades below his previous one at a more expansive price then the first entry which is a second entry. : i think what you are saying here is that the larger range of the third bar from the first (the fourth bar which comes off your dotted upper channel line) is significant because its range is larger than the previous one and further traps some bears.ty for this good info. My question is what about bar three? the spinning top with the small white body. would bulls be add there or getting out from a bad long taken at bar 1?

re my attachment.
the boxes just show how the range doubled, halved, then doubled, then held at about 75% range. Interestingly it dropped 17 pips out of range having held about the same from the top of the marked range. the red and purple lines show more meaningful info than the white one above price. i think this as the red and purple have been there longer.

Attachments

• fug1.PNG
    fug1.PNG
    88.6 KB · Views: 147
  • fug2.PNG
    fug2.PNG
    118.7 KB · Views: 149
yes, that's very interesting info on how to read a bar by bar account after a strong move up and reminds me to always remember to be range aware.
to be clear , when you say :the outside bar broke above and failed trapping the bulls you mean the large black bodied one with larger wicks that touches both the top and bottom of the cyan box.

broke also above the upper channel line.
see my attachment for the red and purple dynamic lines being retested at 8.00 am precisely

the third bar after 1 bar trades below his previous one at a more expansive price then the first entry which is a second entry. : i think what you are saying here is that the larger range of the third bar from the first (the fourth bar which comes off your dotted upper channel line) is significant because its range is larger than the previous one and further traps some bears.ty for this good info. My question is what about bar three? the spinning top with the small white body. would bulls be add there or getting out from a bad long taken at bar 1?

re my attachment.
the boxes just show how the range doubled, halved, then doubled, then held at about 75% range. Interestingly it dropped 17 pips out of range having held about the same from the top of the marked range. the red and purple lines show more meaningful info than the white one above price. i think this as the red and purple have been there longer.

Before prices reached the lower channel line bears showed strength in the momentum of that swing down, bars are either trend or range, soon after the drop down, the first bar in the green box is a range bar, a range bar is a range market, best is to sell the top and buy the bottom, the following 4 bar confirmed that range, the huge bear outside bar following the 5 bar range (first of the cyan box) broke above that range failed trapping the bulls (if you go to a shorter time frame it will be more clear, and could be traded, I did not because I trade the 5m tf) which makes a fail BO (break out) range box in the direction of the least resistance, the same bar also broke below that 5 bar range making it a bear flag (the 5 range bars is the flag and the swing down is the pole and failed making it a fail final flag), that bear outside bar is also a range bar which sets the boundaries for a larger range (cyan box), the first bar that broke the larger range showed a bit of weakness at his close (the wick), the bar after that is a strong trend bar that could indicate strength but also exhaustion, that bar broke the upper channel line and reaches the horizontal resistance line, bar 1 does not confirm that last push up (beside I am well aware of the bears, they are there and the momentum of the swing down shows it), it is a bear range bar, which I will not short because it is a range bar and also because the move up is too strong, I need further confirmation to enter and validate: a fail BO block range (the larger box), the fail BO upper channel line and the fail BO of the horizontal resistance line.

The bar after bar 1 makes bar 1 the first entry (traded below its low), yes the second bar after 1 traps more bulls trading above the previous bar hoping for a continuation of the last push up, if the next bar trades below its low will make it a second entry, I did not enter there because for me is a range bar, the following bar traded below it and I placed my entry below that bar, for quick 10 pips profit, TP was reaches in a jiffy, a classic example of double pressor.

Attachments

• magnum.png
    magnum.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Before prices reached the lower channel line bears showed strength in the momentum of that swing down, bars are either trend or range, soon after the drop down, the first bar in the green box is a range bar, a range bar is a range market, best is to sell the top and buy the bottom, the following 4 bar confirmed that range, the huge bear outside bar following the 5 bar range (first of the cyan box) broke above that range failed trapping the bulls (if you go to a shorter time frame it will be more clear, and could be traded, I did not because I trade the 5m tf) which makes a fail BO (break out) range box in the direction of the least resistance, the same bar also broke below that 5 bar range making it a bear flag (the 5 range bars is the flag and the swing down is the pole), that bear outside bar is also a range bar which sets the boundaries for a larger range (cyan box), the first bar that broke the larger range showed a bit of weakness at his close (the wick), the bar after that is a strong trend bar that could indicate strength but also exhaustion, that bar broke the upper channel line and reaches the horizontal resistance line, bar 1 does not confirm that last push up (beside I am well aware of the bears, they are there and the momentum of the swing down shows it), it is a bear range bar, which I will not short because it is a range bar and also because the move up is too strong, I need further confirmation to enter and validate: a fail BO block range (the larger box), the fail BO upper channel line and the fail BO of the horizontal resistance line.

The bar after bar 1 makes bar 1 the first entry (traded below its low), yes the second bar after 1 traps more bulls trading above the previous bar hoping for a continuation of the last push up, if the next bar trades below its low will make it a second entry, I did not enter there because for me is a range bar, the following bar traded below it and I placed my entry below that bar, for quick 10 pips profit, TP was reaches in a jiffy, a classic example of double pressor.

Great to read and please keep it coming!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fugazsy View Post
HI F,

I have a question for you if you do not mind,

a) are your major KT 00 and 30?

b) as you already said, it can be a bit before or after the 00 and the 30, when do you enter? do you wait for the 1m to be completed or what?

c) lest say I am entering short at KT 00, when are you thinking to get out, would you let it run considering PA till the next TW?

d)When do you take the 70% off and with the 30% remaining what will be your move, do you trail your stop loss.

e) And for what I understand the remaining KT are 9 past and 9 to the hour, 9 past and 9 to the half hour which form the two TW. Is that right? And how less important are compared to the major KT?

f) Can you tell me more about KT and KW, why are there important and what is behind it.

I am asking those question because I can see something happening in those 2 major KT combining with my understanding of price action.

Those are the questions a need to clarify for the time being.

Thanks

Also you want more info on the Time rules

Hi Fugazsy

Relaxing with a glass of Chianti and now ready to answer your question (s)

a - On the 00 hour change is yes - but 30 min exactly no better than 9 mins past or 39 mins past

b - KT's are clues but - entries are not based entirely on time - I also need price levels and PA and LA to give me clues as well as last 5 min moves that look false - ie quick 6 -10 pip rises or drop - stopping exactly at a KT. So it might be 1 00 and 22 seconds or 1 01 and 7 seconds - or even 12 59 18 second - all depending on my reading of a tick or 1 min chart

A classic yesterday was a rise at 12 51 pm ( KT ) that carried on and at exactly 1 00 pm was still rising and went up another 3 pips. BUT at 1 01 pm - it stopped and fell I think about 17 pips . So time alone is a pointer and an important clue - but needs to agree with PA and my quick LR's

c - Normally - winning scalps making over 7 pips carry on more than 9 mins - and even can go from say 1 09 pm to 1 20 pm - ie 11 mins

BUT - again - time is a clue but PA and my LRs give me my edge on a 1 min. I dont mind exiting 70% early if it over 10 pips and i should have got say 13 pips - as you my entries are really more important than my exits - as the number of intraday trades I take allows me to make my 50 + pips - whether I need just 9 trades - or whethet I struggle and need 19 trades

d - - 2 ways - all depending on how many pips I already have in the kitty that morning or day. If I am up well - I will just leave a 30% on with stop in just 2 -4 pips of profit and give it anything from 12 to 25 pips of profit to come back

If I am not up to my target and pips are difficult - I trail at either 7 or 10 pips maximum - not wanting to give pips back - but want a stop to always be then in a profit

Remember if I am in a 30% stake sell and i am up say 60 + pips and a nice scalp buy comes along - I buy at 100% stake and then trade against my 30% stake - as long as the scalp wins I gain 70% on the pullbacks

It all depends on so many factors - such as how good the session is going - whether I am in the zone and on a roll - or just had 3 quick losses of 2-4 pips each and feeling frustrated - i adjust according to the circumstances - ie I am dynamic and fluid - just like the market

e - I think I answered this one - maybe 85% + of all my trades start in one of the 2 TW's - maybe only 60% are exactly on one of the 6 KT's ie exactly 1 21 pm

f - Yes time as become more important due to the amount of automated systems etc that have some kind of time connection

Even a 4 hr or 8 hr trader waits for the hour change to decide on whether to enter - ie not always 15 mins or 20 mins before.

Time is not mentioned by many books and tutors - as nobody as really looked into it.

I have in big way over say 5 years - and so know the KT's and also the most important hours and time periods of a day - that change according to news events etc etc.

Also time rules - always check out if an interim new high or low last over 30 mins with no breach - that favours a reversal for next 20 -30 mins

You dont have to wait exactly 30 mins - if its gone say 15 mins and the retrace is more than 60% of the hour ATR more than likely in the next 15 mins left it will not go back to the low or high so quick - but might give false teasing instead

It happened today and you commented - its gone over 30 mins and the move continued to retrace from a interim low

BUT - its only one of my edges.

I then have LR's far more important than MA's and what over 10yrs plus of Price action reading on charts under 30 mins and also my own interim level readings on a 1 min along with tight soft stops - that are never allowed just to be hit - if not already in profit.

Then throw in a daily routine - tried and tested - 10 to 20 trades a day over say 8 -10 hrs - If I cannot make money everyday Fx trading then I am sure 99% of all retailer would never make it.

Hope that helps

Also MM when he first tried my way - he had many days when he would get 70% of his scalps wrong - and he would be frustrated

He never gave up and in the end - as you can see - it paid off

New skills might take weeks or months etc to learn fully - not just 4 or 6 hrs to learn - but I know you know that

Regards

F

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fugazsy View Post
HI F,

I have a question for you if you do not mind,

a) are your major KT 00 and 30?

b) as you already said, it can be a bit before or after the 00 and the 30, when do you enter? do you wait for the 1m to be completed or what?

c) lest say I am entering short at KT 00, when are you thinking to get out, would you let it run considering PA till the next TW?

d)When do you take the 70% off and with the 30% remaining what will be your move, do you trail your stop loss.

e) And for what I understand the remaining KT are 9 past and 9 to the hour, 9 past and 9 to the half hour which form the two TW. Is that right? And how less important are compared to the major KT?

f) Can you tell me more about KT and KW, why are there important and what is behind it.

I am asking those question because I can see something happening in those 2 major KT combining with my understanding of price action.

Those are the questions a need to clarify for the time being.

Thanks

Also you want more info on the Time rules

Hi Fugazsy

Relaxing with a glass of Chianti and now ready to answer your question (s)

a - On the 00 hour change is yes - but 30 min exactly no better than 9 mins past or 39 mins past

b - KT's are clues but - entries are not based entirely on time - I also need price levels and PA and LA to give me clues as well as last 5 min moves that look false - ie quick 6 -10 pip rises or drop - stopping exactly at a KT. So it might be 1 00 and 22 seconds or 1 01 and 7 seconds - or even 12 59 18 second - all depending on my reading of a tick or 1 min chart

A classic yesterday was a rise at 12 51 pm ( KT ) that carried on and at exactly 1 00 pm was still rising and went up another 3 pips. BUT at 1 01 pm - it stopped and fell I think about 17 pips . So time alone is a pointer and an important clue - but needs to agree with PA and my quick LR's

c - Normally - winning scalps making over 7 pips carry on more than 9 mins - and even can go from say 1 09 pm to 1 20 pm - ie 11 mins

BUT - again - time is a clue but PA and my LRs give me my edge on a 1 min. I dont mind exiting 70% early if it over 10 pips and i should have got say 13 pips - as you my entries are really more important than my exits - as the number of intraday trades I take allows me to make my 50 + pips - whether I need just 9 trades - or whethet I struggle and need 19 trades

d - - 2 ways - all depending on how many pips I already have in the kitty that morning or day. If I am up well - I will just leave a 30% on with stop in just 2 -4 pips of profit and give it anything from 12 to 25 pips of profit to come back

If I am not up to my target and pips are difficult - I trail at either 7 or 10 pips maximum - not wanting to give pips back - but want a stop to always be then in a profit

Remember if I am in a 30% stake sell and i am up say 60 + pips and a nice scalp buy comes along - I buy at 100% stake and then trade against my 30% stake - as long as the scalp wins I gain 70% on the pullbacks

It all depends on so many factors - such as how good the session is going - whether I am in the zone and on a roll - or just had 3 quick losses of 2-4 pips each and feeling frustrated - i adjust according to the circumstances - ie I am dynamic and fluid - just like the market

e - I think I answered this one - maybe 85% + of all my trades start in one of the 2 TW's - maybe only 60% are exactly on one of the 6 KT's ie exactly 1 21 pm

f - Yes time as become more important due to the amount of automated systems etc that have some kind of time connection

Even a 4 hr or 8 hr trader waits for the hour change to decide on whether to enter - ie not always 15 mins or 20 mins before.

Time is not mentioned by many books and tutors - as nobody as really looked into it.

I have in big way over say 5 years - and so know the KT's and also the most important hours and time periods of a day - that change according to news events etc etc.

Also time rules - always check out if an interim new high or low last over 30 mins with no breach - that favours a reversal for next 20 -30 mins

You dont have to wait exactly 30 mins - if its gone say 15 mins and the retrace is more than 60% of the hour ATR more than likely in the next 15 mins left it will not go back to the low or high so quick - but might give false teasing instead

It happened today and you commented - its gone over 30 mins and the move continued to retrace from a interim low

BUT - its only one of my edges.

I then have LR's far more important than MA's and what over 10yrs plus of Price action reading on charts under 30 mins and also my own interim level readings on a 1 min along with tight soft stops - that are never allowed just to be hit - if not already in profit.

Then throw in a daily routine - tried and tested - 10 to 20 trades a day over say 8 -10 hrs - If I cannot make money everyday Fx trading then I am sure 99% of all retailer would never make it.

Hope that helps

Also MM when he first tried my way - he had many days when he would get 70% of his scalps wrong - and he would be frustrated

He never gave up and in the end - as you can see - it paid off

New skills might take weeks or months etc to learn fully - not just 4 or 6 hrs to learn - but I know you know that

Regards

F

F

Thank you very much. This post has cleared a lot.

Fgzsy

Two trades with explanations, if you find it useful just let me know...

news and Draghi talk.....tea time

Last edited:
Hi Fugazsy

Are you looking around 0840 / 50 area as a low and start of a turn up again ??

Have a good session

Regards

F

F

I can see signs of US weakness, but needs to be confirmed by PA, the first obstacle will be 1.0920....

Last edited:
From Mark Douglas:

For your mind to be open to a true exchange of energy, you can't be in a state of knowing or believing that you already know what's going to happen next. When you are at peace with not knowing what's going to happen next, you can interact with the market from a perspective where you will be making yourself available to let the market tell you, from its perspective, what is likely to happen next. At that point, you will be in the best state of mind to spontaneously enter "the zone," where you are tapped into the "now moment opportunity flow"

A gem.