It is all a Fugazsy

market is down but bulls are showing some strength, broke a major trendline but bears made a nice swing down afterwards, not clear to me. Now market into range.

Today I came in a bit later (after LO), was able to get a few pips on a short, this range can also be traded selling the high and buying the low but a small bar is required at the extreme, otherwise a break and its failure could be another good opportunity but PA need to be guiding.

Attachments

• view.png
    view.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
market is down but bulls are showing some strength, broke a major trendline but bears made a nice swing down afterwards, not clear to me. Now market into range.

Today I came in a bit later (after LO), was able to get a few pips on a short, this range can also be traded selling the high and buying the low but a small bar is required at the extreme, otherwise a break and its failure could be another good opportunity but PA need to be guiding.

I'm overall bullish on the euro but until Grexit outcome is decided it will move sideways.

Having said that whether Greece is in or out I hold the view euro will rise.

Will only consider longs and wait for pull backs. (y)

On the 30m she broke Friday low and made a BOPB and into range....In the middle of that channel, can go either way or now way in my view, here is where most lose money.....patience is needed, if impulse gets the over patience could be costly, but not only money wise, deep inside we will know we cannot bring the game to higher level.......

Attachments

• 30 m.png
    30 m.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
I'm overall bullish on the euro but until Grexit outcome is decided it will move sideways.

Having said that whether Greece is in or out I hold the view euro will rise.

Will only consider longs and wait for pull backs. (y)

ok.

are you still long from the nice call you made over a week ago? It has dropped a bit..and when will they decide about Greece?

Last edited:
not easy day for me, 3 trades, end the day with +4.1 pips way below my target of the day which is 20 pips...still I made money, every 10 pips gain I make 2%....

As I said before those are the dangerous days for scalping, frustrations and revenge will kick in and what we made carefully in the last two week can be lost just in one session......that will be damaging financially and morally......

markets are not static but fluid and ever changing, before we sit down for work we need to be open to any eventuality, anything will and can happen and if prepared even in the most tougher conditions we can make some money or at least not get damaged, so we can come back for an easier session reinforces by the fact what we did not act impulsively in our prior session.

Attachments

• today.png
    today.png
    11 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
not easy day for me, 3 trades, end the day with +4.1 pips way below my target of the day which is 20 pips...still I made money, every 10 pips gain I make 2%....

As I said before those are the dangerous days for scalping, frustrations and revenge will kick in and what we made carefully in the last two week can be lost just in one session......that will be damaging financially and morally......

markets are not static but fluid and ever changing, before we sit down for work we need to be open to any eventuality, anything will and can happen and if prepared even in the most tougher conditions we can make some money or at least not get damaged, so we can come back for an easier session reinforces by the fact what we did not act impulsively in our prior session.

Hi Fugazsy, brilliantly said, if it's any consolation the Dax has been hideous pa for me today. Last weeks explosion up & other variables has caused a massive grind out today.
There were approx 3 halfway decent opportunities today, (if you could call them that), I missed all 3 & I am sitting here without having taken one position today :|

But looking back I'm glad I stayed out, because I may have been sucked into scalping & possibly overtrading to glean smaller amounts of points for much more risk than I like.

Something I definitely notice during market hours, if I get too involved with the forum, posting (mainly on ftse/dax/dow trading ideas & discussions thread) or I've written other posts during European mkt hours, I am then far more easily distracted by other stuff, even though it may be slow, it can turn active at the drop of a hat. Sure I have my levels & price points in mind, but they are purely reference points.

The slow days can be dangerous indeed.

Ps totally agree with Atilla, weekend holding ? no no no, not for me.

Good luck tomorrow.

Hi Fugazsy, brilliantly said, if it's any consolation the Dax has been hideous pa for me today. Last weeks explosion up & other variables has caused a massive grind out today.
There were approx 3 halfway decent opportunities today, (if you could call them that), I missed all 3 & I am sitting here without having taken one position today :|

But looking back I'm glad I stayed out, because I may have been sucked into scalping & possibly overtrading to glean smaller amounts of points for much more risk than I like.

Something I definitely notice during market hours, if I get too involved with the forum, posting (mainly on ftse/dax/dow trading ideas & discussions thread) or I've written other posts during European mkt hours, I am then far more easily distracted by other stuff, even though it may be slow, it can turn active at the drop of a hat. Sure I have my levels & price points in mind, but they are purely reference points.

Good luck tomorrow.

Always tough trading consolidation / sideways move or reversals and I suspect this is what we are having with all these key issues; be it elections, Grexit and whether Fed will raise rates or not.

My preference is to close for the w/e but this is not always the case. I am short on indeces and have been keeping some a while.

ISA's waiting in cash to buy back in too.

Finding this period challenging. Better to keep money in cash than risk being in it I think. Also, shuffled pension around opting for safety and cash for a while.

Better to err on safety than risk. Just my opinion; that I don't know what's going to happen and have fear on fall-out. :rolleyes: :whistling :-0

Good luck tomorrow.

Hi Joe

Nice post, you know I think we all think too much about missing trades, they are very dangerous and they leave traces or print in our little mind and make our following action a bit more of impulsive than well constructive one, we have to come to term to the fact that we cannot take all but we must take the one that are part of our understanding. You stayed on the side for all day and that shows great discipline, it is a position for itself, you treat trading as a business........Said that, we do not want to become over conservative in our approach, being paralysed in our taken, the line is very fine between waiting for the right opportunity and being too conservative....those are all point we need to work on.....

monthly, last month was a strong reversal bar at the lower channel line, the 20 ema is a bit far away, 1.1850 can be a possibility.....

Attachments

• monthly.png
    monthly.png
    20 KB · Views: 101
Weekly, she broke strongly but not convincingly ( a bit of wick) the strong resistance around 1035, the following week (last week) she made and indecision bar or range bar, buying the bottom or selling the top shows opportunities, below the bottom of the range there is the 1035 turned resistance into support, the last time the bears tried it did not even get there but to 1066, seems like bulls were eager.

Attachments

• weekly.png
    weekly.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 84
The daily: does not give any more clues than the the monthly and weekly in my view, just a bit of slowing down and support at the bottom of the weekly indecision bar that could form a DBBF.

Attachments

• daily.png
    daily.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 107
30m, broke the upper channel line with a BOPB during Asia session, now resistance @ 1195, here....we can have a possible DTBF and a FFF.....possible......nothing sure or a possible BO...possible

Attachments

• 30m.png
    30m.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
gently pushing up as not wanted to give much chances to others to jump on the wagon, in a steep channel....

Attachments

• view.png
    view.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 172
30m, broke the upper channel line with a BOPB during Asia session, now resistance @ 1195, here....we can have a possible DTBF and a FFF.....possible......nothing sure or a possible BO...possible

Up about 30 pips and move SL to BE, there is chance I will be stopped out, but is not part of this method to take profit before the time...

done for the day..

Attachments

• swing trade.png
    swing trade.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 163
GM my 30m chart of the day, the 5m seems swinging, lovely...

Attachments

• 30m.png
    30m.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 172