Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
EA - put 30% stop in profit at 5005 now. Under 04 and 02 scalp sells again - and need over 18 and 20 againfor a turn

Whilst we have jumpy PA on EA and EU etc - swissy very smooth 9071 top for now - but not in a time window yet but worth watching at half hr change to assist if EU is trying to hold again at 3535

Not here for 3.00pm Red Cad and US news. Could be used again as another excuse for whatever's next ;-)

Hope to be back then for another hr or so prior to 5pm

Keeping trading simple is easy

To trade to make money short term intraday trading is difficult

and takes ages to grasp etc

For once I find myself agreeing with you. (Well nearly)

I agree with the 1st and 3rd Sentence, the 2nd I disagree, so long as the strategy is geared to intraday trading, it shouldn't be difficult , all IMHO :)

For once I find myself agreeing with you. (Well nearly)

I agree with the 1st and 3rd Sentence, the 2nd I disagree, so long as the strategy is geared to intraday trading, it shouldn't be difficult , all IMHO :)

Hi Dinos

There are many days and I have taken say 6 scalps and then in hindsight thought - why ? If I had a 18 or 20 pips stop I could have done it on one trade and still made 40 pips - ie RR of 2.

But then other days the real difference between big moves either way can be as close as 7-9 pips - and I look and think - i would have been stopped out at 20 pips and even if I had 35 pip stop - I would have been stopped out still.

To recover at 20 pip or a 35 pip stop on a win in say an hour or two is not easy - and if you have 2 losses and down say 60 pips you can be on a downer

However - to lose 3 times in a row and say 12 pips - can be recovered with one good scalp in 15 mins and your back in the game

Many think yes but its so difficult trading when you make it hard for yourself - and the answer is of course yes - but how many swing traders can bag profit day in day out etc etc - and that for me is why I don't use the easy option as really all I trade for is to make money - and to do it well with small risk and big returns - its bloooming difficult - but then great fun when it finally all come together ;-)

Hope you are having a good day - going to miss next bit of news fun ;-)

Regards

F

The Butler says:
post-21972-Gerard-Butler-giving-middle-fi-JLN3.png

He don't wanna be paid in no demo money:p:cheesy::cheesy:

Hehe - how about bacon sarnies - 3 per hr ;-))

Coming up to 4pm UK time - and EU /EJ / EA have been rising again from lows and swissy falling from 9076ish high.
EU - 60 to 65 is a R area and EJ 139.25 ish and EA -5045-50

We will now see tries up or these R's leading to turns again and scalp sells#

Not in any atm - but will see which looks best

EU above 5551 is still bullish and under 65 sis bearish - 14 -15 pips - need either to be properly breached or scalping in between both ways

Out for 40 mins - locked in 3 pips profit on EU scalp buy at 54 and will see if it can push over 62 ;-)

Back now and as you might have guessed - yes EU went up further and higher to so far 3578.

And I was in it with my free trade scalp buy stop in profit at 3554

And have a guess what price it pulled back to ;-))

Exactly just enough to take me out - and then 25 pips and i am not here to jump back in

That's typical of trading - I did not want to let my stop go lower as hardly any profit in it - and after all under 61 was a scalp sell anyway from its then high of 64/5

You have to get used to the market doing this - as it is designed to take money off traders more than it allows them - and to be in the small percentage who keep winning more than you lose - then you got to be good with an "edge".

One of my "edges" is even if I get stopped out on a 30% trade - I should still come away with profit - so at least a small smile ;-))

Thursday 5th December - London Open time - chart package problem this morning and a school run.

Hope to be on later on this morning - sometime after 9.00am

Have a good day

Morning MM - Yes got platform and computer / monitor problems this morning , Noticed a lot of news going on a bit later on today - so hope to be around later on if I cannot get sorted in next hour. Got one of our cars booked in for an MOT today so thinking not my morning so far - sod's law ;-(

Missed out on a few nice trades I can see off another chart package - EU up and down action been good hope you have been able to catch a few etc

Be back when I am sorted - I hope ;-)

One or three min trendlines on a wider view - ie last 3 - 6 hrs will always help on any pair - and then with LR directions you have a good map ;-)

11.32 - and half hr time window - platform and monitor problem fixed ( I hope) so a quick update

EU - New high today - 3639 and low so far at 3584 with present price at 3593.

Scalping range - 3604 - down to 3584 - so approx 20 pips. Need to break range by over 7 pips to hold either scalp buys or scalp sells and even then be careful of false breaches.

UChf - price dropped under 9000 down to 8983 early on today - and no back at 9018 with high 9032.

Need over 32 for scalp buys etc and under 9013 and 10 for holding scalp sells on

Atm under 23 is a scalp sell

GU like EU made another high earlier on today to 6404 - then dropped to 6337 - and presently at 6347 - but UK news out atm in Autumn speech so have to wait for breaks and more clues

AU - In a 55 pip range from 9058 down to 9003 area with price currently at 9023 at 11.45am UK time

EJ - as been falling with low today so far at 138.54 after a 140.03 high a few days ago. I exited a scalp buy at 140.01 - and took several scalp sells on this pair - but never got one free trade to hold on under my recommendation at 139.88 - shows at times I cannot even follow my own predictions - but really - i am too tight on my stops - as I don't like being in the red one bit ;-))

Presently a scalp buy from low - but need over 85 to look at a turn holding for now

Just entering the Midday time window

GL

EA - keeps on rising and high so far at 5103 and above 5038 and 28 still could turn again and try higher

Need under those 2 prices to be holding any scalps sell you take under 51 and 46

EA - keeps on rising and high so far at 5103 and above 5038 and 28 still could turn again and try higher

Need under those 2 prices to be holding any scalps sell you take under 51 and 46

MM - on EA check at 11.51am and price at 5160 ;-)

That was a scalp sell - confirmed under 51 and 46

Price now at 36 - and I have just made 21 pips in approx 13 mins - not bad for a RR of 4 as well ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.