Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 22 pm

Cad news in approx 7 /8 mins

Cad is bullish on longer trend - but bearish for European session with another low at 0913

Would need back over 0925 and 0930 for holding scalp buys for tries up.

OK - update on other pairs to follow now -

EU - still in BTTZ range - needs above 98 /3400 and 3410 to be holding scalp buys and under 85 and 80 for holding scalp sells with more supports then at 77 and 70/75

GU - teasing for a drop - but needs under 6790 and then jump in any any pullbacks staying under 6805

Above 6820 would be holding scalp buys on for a turn up again

EJ just done another session high at 136 62 - straight in to another R area at 60 -65

Might be able to get a scalp sell on if we stay under 67 ??

2 00 pm

Out during this next hr - but will be back later on as normally 2 30 pm to say 4 30 pm is or should be the busiest trading period of the day with Europe and US overlapping - so normally some action

Meanwhile pairs are having BTTZ periods to try and catch us all out - so be careful - stay focused and GL

4 30 pm Friday afternoon

Was not back in time to catch some nice trades after the 3 00 pm TW

EU was nice - it made over the 3400 again and then 3410 and 13 - all scalp buy prices - topping so far at 3433 - a lot higher than I thought

First supports now 3410 and then 3407 and then 3400 - so really we can only hold on to scalp sells under these levels - and if price stays above them - it will then test the 3425 -35 area again - either posting a LH or making a new high

Also Cad stayed above 0935 area after the news and carried on as a buy - but so far only made 0981

Not checked some of the other pairs I have just 30% stake on yet - but overall - a good day for me - helped all my that first 90 mins of action early this morning

Have a great weekend and see you back on this thread on Monday am

Regards

F

Last edited:
EU - The New Channel for now

A new up channel as formed over last few days - see below -

178118d1407590311-intraday-live-short-term-trading-calls-expert-retail-forex-trader-eu-8814-new-channel.jpg

Attachments

• EU - 8814 New Channel.JPG
    EU - 8814 New Channel.JPG
    160.1 KB · Views: 663
Last edited:
Hi F,
Just have a question about the BTTZ that occurs on some pairs during the trading day.

1) How are the big players trying catch you out in this area?

2) If a pair had been in a BTTZ for a while and found support on the BTTZ current range would you take a trade if i.e. lr's good, time window good, divergence etc........ all line up.

3) would you ever take a quick scalp in the BTTZ?

Thanks F

Regards JR

Hi F,
Just have a question about the BTTZ that occurs on some pairs during the trading day.

1) How are the big players trying catch you out in this area?

2) If a pair had been in a BTTZ for a while and found support on the BTTZ current range would you take a trade if i.e. lr's good, time window good, divergence etc........ all line up.

3) would you ever take a quick scalp in the BTTZ?

Thanks F

Regards JR

Hi JR

I suppose it all depends on the size of the BTTZ range .

Many traders might say tight BTTZ areas are just "noise" and therefore very difficult to trade. I would actually agree if the range is maybe less than 7 -10 pips - because the movements might only be 3- 5 pips in a direction - but are designed to tease you into a new trade as you are expecting a break out from the tight range one way or the other.

Pure scalpers would be delighted with a 3 pip next result - but if it takes 10 mins or even 30 mins to achieve - you are really open to spikes and being caught out and for me I am always ideally looking for 7 -25 pip targets - rather than aiming for 1-5 pips.

A BTTZ range of over 25 + pips is very scalpable - normally in both directions -but yet again the moves of say 7 -15 pips might take 30 -60 mins in slow periods - and for me - my real targets are SSS ( sweet spot scalps) that make the 7 -25+ pips all within 10 to 15 mins.

Normally when I see a "no mans area" occuring - ie a BTTZ - I have a break - thinking it might last under an hour - but some times they can even in the European and US sessions last up to 2hrs on slow days. During this time players are either awaiting further info - or are checking where the big money is - or might be coming in - to either challenge it - or ride with it - either by buying at a lower price - or selling from an higher price.

I have found that popular UK times for them are sometimes after 10 am up to Midday - and then depending on the importance of news releases they can occur 12 45 to 1 30 pm and sometimes 2 15 pm to 2 45 pm if there are lulls between the 1 30 pm and 3 00 pm news announcements

Hope that helps

Regards

F

Last edited:
Thats great F,

Thank you

Hi JR

I suppose it all depends on the size of the BTTZ range .

Many traders might say tight BTTZ areas are just "noise" and therefore very difficult to trade. I would actually agree if the range is maybe less than 7 -10 pips - because the movements might only be 3- 5 pips in a direction - but are designed to tease you into a new trade as you are expecting a break out from the tight range one way or the other.

Pure scalpers would be delighted with a 3 pip next result - but if it takes 10 mins or even 30 mins to achieve - you are really open to spikes and being caught out and for me I am always ideally looking for 7 -25 pip targets - rather than aiming for 1-5 pips.

A BTTZ range of over 25 + pips is very scalpable - normally in both directions -but yet again the moves of say 7 -15 pips might take 30 -60 mins in slow periods - and for me - my real targets are SSS ( sweet spot scalps) that make the 7 -25+ pips all within 10 to 15 mins.

Normally when I see a "no mans area" occuring - ie a BTTZ - I have a break - thinking it might last under an hour - but some times they can even in the European and US sessions last up to 2hrs on slow days. During this time players are either awaiting further info - or are checking where the big money is - or might be coming in - to either challenge it - or ride with it - either by buying at a lower price - or selling from an higher price.

I have found that popular UK times for them are sometimes after 10 am up to Midday - and then depending on the importance of news releases they can occur 12 45 to 1 30 pm and sometimes 2 15 pm to 2 45 pm if there are lulls between the 1 30 pm and 3 00 pm news announcements

Hope that helps

Regards

F

Monday 11th August 2014 - Pre Opens

Good Morning FX Intraday Traders and another full trading week ahead

Normal stuff for a start - quick review an updates on the main pairs I plan to be trading today

It's a Monday and although I have not fully checked out the news calender - I cannot imagine we will have a busy 12 hrs of trading ahead - and so I will be cherry picking for key times etc when to be hear for taking most of my intraday trades

Stay Focused and have a good trading day and week

Regards

F

EU

We have formed a new up channel on the small frames - with a low of 3334 area from over a week ago - and then HL's forming supports in the 3340 /50 area. High so far 3433 - so basically a 100 pip retrace or pullback and price currently at approx 3400.

According to the channel - we should now stay above 3380 area- where we have both dynamic and static supports and then try 3450 -70 area.

Theory is great - but in this game anything can happen and normally does so i am sure there will be both way opportunities for scalping - but will say the EU will not be my preferred pair to carry this out on

For now at 7 00 am - for scalp selling we need under 97 and 94 and for looking at scalp buying - above 3405 and 08

GU

We have seen a new low on Friday of 6767 and the pair looks very bearish this last few weeks

Price atm at 6780 - and really any retraces up to 6795/6800 - I would be looking at selling again - if all the scalp signs line up in an appropriate TW.

From 7 00 am TW we have had a scalp sell already from 6783 - but would need under 70 to hold on longer for maybe a new low

EJ

My preferred intraday pair most days along with the EA - as normally larger movements

Like the EU - the EJ as been a scalp sell in the 7 00 am TW - and from 6 51 am 136 87 - we have so far seen price fall to 136 76 and again any bounces / retraces staying under 85 - should be able to be sold again

The key will be if price fails to make more session lows on both the EU and EJ - or whether this is just a false break to try and tease more bears in

For scalp buying on EJ - ideally we need to see back over 136 91 and 137 00 - otherwise the pair looks bearish for now

7 25 am

Out in 10 mins to drop son off at station - but should be back just after LO at 8 00am and then around for an hr or so this morning

With no major red news it could be slow 10am - Midday - but will wait and say - as players have perfect excuse to catch traders out with unexpected moves today - so will basically review every hr or so if it goes really slow

See you in a bit and then will review other main pairs

EJ been a lot better - 20 pip fall from 7 00 am TW so far and under 136 80 - still a scalp sell on pullbacks again

Morning F

I read your analysis this morning and got 10 pips on a EJ short, wasn't even on my radar so thanks for the work that you continue to put in to this board,

Chalky

Status
Not open for further replies.