Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
GU

Ugly PA atm - stuck around 6884 - and teasing 5 pips either side

Won't touch it with a bargepole - until we get a clearer scalp move - under 6880 and 77 as scalp sells or above 92 and 96 for scalp buys and a go up to 6900 again

GL - out in 10 mins back after 8 30 am UK time

Gu comment from over 90 mins ago

We are now 10 mins away from news - and still stuck in the range 6880 to 6896

Need over 6905 and 10 for looking at taking more scalp buy after news - and under 80 and 70 for taking scalp sells

Yesterday the GU moved easily 5 mins before the news event and then carried on up

The UK economy is improving and so you expect news to be bullish - but markets dont just follow fundamentals - as that's too easy - so I remain unbias - rather than saying just buy buy buy - for all i know the GU pair may be well OB and ready for 50 -100 pip pullback

what happened with Gold trade, Tar? And the EJ? (sorry if i've missed the results)
I think we could learn a lot from your expertise.

EU

Temptation area 1.3875-1.3885 , if price is in between may continue upside and buy above 86 , or reverse and sell under 74 .

what happened with Gold trade, Tar? And the EJ? (sorry if i've missed the results)
I think we could learn a lot from your expertise.

These are cluster areas , so need a bit of momentum aka NFP ;)

GU news - anti climax for now - 17 pip drop and bounce and now again at 6886 -under 96 still bearish - but needs back under 80 and 70 for more scalp sells or holding any you are in

Comment on EU from approx 2 hrs ago

EU made 3851 and is now 3854 - and as stayed under 62 the whole 2 hrs

Amazing really - so slow this morning

3853 could be looked as an HL and a scalp buy for aggressive scalpers - you need over 58 - with 55 holding to stay with it

Under 53 and 49 - more scalp sells

EU now up at 3864

Above 3860 - still scalp bullish for me

10 13 am - and the AU and EA have now woken up - with EA rising from the hr change and the AU finally falling

We need over 4970 and 75 to hold the EA scalp buys - and under 9262 and 57 to hold AU scalp sells

EU - as failed to progress over 65 after several attempts from the 59 -60 area,

Now for aggressive scalpers - we had the LH at 635 - and signals for scalp sells

Need under 57 and really 50 to then take more or to hold them on longer for lower

Last edited:
GU

still ugly PA but out of it you can see from under 6896 we are having LH's and LL's - but now need under 78 and then under 70 - my cut off at present is 86

EU - as failed to progress over 65 after several attempts from the 59 -60 area,

Now for aggressive scalpers - we had the LH at 635 - and signals for scalp sells

Need under 57 and really 50 to then take more or to hold them on longer for lower

10 30 am - EU just made under 57 and i am out scalp sell at 582

Out for 30 mins or so

Not in GU now - but under 77 and then 73 - take more scalp sells

Above 87 and 91 - more scalp buys

Also watch EJ - if it get above 142 06 llok at more scalp buys with pullbacks staying above 141 98

See you a bit later

Hi F

Many thanks for your comments on my post yesterday. I totally agree it will take a while, but I am hoping that by speaking to and following someone with your skills and experience, will stop me from making these same mistakes as you did. I will certainly not trade my own money until I am at least making money on demo account, even if this take a year.

As I work from home, would you not advise to have a separate screen set up, showing the charts, even if I dont actually trade, Just to watch how the markets move?

As always your time in responding to me is very much appreciated.

Speak soon

Dean

Typical - sods law - lol - I pop out for 20 mins and it kicks off

Missed the rises on the EJ and EA and falls on GU and AU - although am in a 30% NPGT buy on the EA from the 4870 area early on in the week

GU - now down at 6866 and would need back above 75 to get be looking at scalp buys really

EJ - made over 142 06 and touched 142 15 - above 05/6 still scalp bullish

AU fell to 9248 - and under 62 another scalp sell on pullbacks

Hi F

Many thanks for your comments on my post yesterday. I totally agree it will take a while, but I am hoping that by speaking to and following someone with your skills and experience, will stop me from making these same mistakes as you did. I will certainly not trade my own money until I am at least making money on demo account, even if this take a year.

As I work from home, would you not advise to have a separate screen set up, showing the charts, even if I dont actually trade, Just to watch how the markets move?

As always your time in responding to me is very much appreciated.

Speak soon

Dean

Hi Dean

Yes - I trade from an home office - and normally use 3 + monitors for charts and then separate laptop/ tablet for blogging and non trading stuff.

Watching live chart time is key - and i suggest you watch on under 5 min charts and then try and sync them up with 30 - 60 and 240 mins - to understand how pairs moves on an intraday basis.

Watch around my time window periods - ie 9 mins either side 30 and 60 min frame changes - for the start of different moves - stick a simple moving average or better a linear regression on a 50 -60 setting to just follow the simple waves of the market movements.

Every week - you will pick up tips and extra knowledge etc - and then you will at least understand why so many traders have so many different views on what will happen next

I am a short term trader - specializing in scalping etc - but know of a couple of "Master FX" traders - one who has been trading currencies for over 2 decades - and he can scalp - swing - long term and position trade with the best - but they admit it took them years to develop each additional skill set and then get to a stage he has confidence to trade on larger lot sizes ( over £100 a pip) with his own monies.

Step by step - stage by stage - and yes should then be able to save yourself from losing large amounts of money on bad trading and even spending thousands with so called guru's and tutors - of which maybe only really 10% of them can "walk the walk" -as well as the easy part - "talk the talk" on just trading theory.

Regards

F

Last edited:
Thanks F for getting back to me. I will implement these into my trading plan. When you say how pairs move, do you mean the GBP/USD and EUR/GBP etc?

Can I ask what system you use to watch the charts? I am on MT4 at the moment as it was free, but maybe this will change when I get more confident and end up paying a monthly fee for one.

Thanks and speak soon

Dean

Typical - sods law - lol - I pop out for 20 mins and it kicks off

Missed the rises on the EJ and EA and falls on GU and AU - although am in a 30% NPGT buy on the EA from the 4870 area early on in the week

GU - now down at 6866 and would need back above 75 to get be looking at scalp buys really

EJ - made over 142 06 and touched 142 15 - above 05/6 still scalp bullish

AU fell to 9248 - and under 62 another scalp sell on pullbacks

Comment from approx 40 mins ago - re GU

Surprise myself at times - price got to 68744 on my charts - just under possible scalp buy territory - and then stopped.

From under 73 and end of time window at 11 39 am - GU was a scalp sell again and as since dropped back under 66 and now down to 6856 - nice got some of that (y)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.