Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK HAVE TRIED LMAX SOFTWARE, not my cup of tea at all.
spreads on demo acc seem to rock
From what i understand from what i have read, i have to open an account with an independent broker of my choice, through alpha novae, then link it to LMAX. is this correct cablemonster? does this mean that i dont use the spreads from the original broker, but get the lmax spreads instead?
another option:
open one account with a broker with software i get on with, and another with lmax for spreads?

OK HAVE TRIED LMAX SOFTWARE, not my cup of tea at all... spreads on demo acc seem to rock
Interesting, what front-end software did you use,and what didn't you like about it?
From what i understand from what i have read, i have to open an account with an independent broker of my choice, through alpha novae, then link it to LMAX. is this correct cablemonster? does this mean that i dont use the spreads from the original broker, but get the lmax spreads instead?
another option: open one account with a broker with software i get on with, and another with lmax for spreads?
You don't have to use an IB - you can open an a/c directly with LMAX (I did). Also you could chose another IB if you're unhappy with this one.
Edit: I would also point out that spreads are not the most important factor. A reputable broker, fast & reliable execution/fills, platform stability, price liquidity & transparency etc are also key.

Last edited:
Interesting, what front-end software did you use,and what didn't you like about it?

You don't have to use an IB - you can open an a/c directly with LMAX (I did). Also you could chose another IB if you're unhappy with this one.
Edit: I would also point out that spreads are not the most important factor. A reputable broker, fast & reliable execution/fills, platform stability, price liquidity & transparency etc are also key.

I used the lmax web based demo account software (had to enable plugins to see charts.
it just seemed clunky. I think it just seemed stripped down. i will have another go tomorrow and reappraise.
r.e direct with lmax i thoguht i had to go thru alpha novae to get 1k account. am in email contact clarifying situation.
point understood about other ways of rating a broker.

I used the lmax web based demo account software (had to enable plugins to see charts.
it just seemed clunky. I think it just seemed stripped down. i will have another go tomorrow and reappraise.
r.e direct with lmax i thoguht i had to go thru alpha novae to get 1k account. am in email contact clarifying situation.
point understood about other ways of rating a broker.

I definitely agree it's stripped down - that's what I like about it - but appreciate there's a lot of personal preference on front-ends. Yep, you're right, for that a/c size, you'd need an IB - my bad (my a/c situation is different so ignore me). Good luck with the live trading, hope your results continue well.

t2w down yesterday?

hi everyone, I was unable to open the site from t2w yesterday after ~ 13:00 GMT, I try it many time but nothing.

all other website run, so it must a problem by t2w server.

hope that will happen not so often

also now it is very slow, it's a pain to wait for the site is full loading

see here also many member tell it is still slow

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/t2w...s-new-features-bug-fixes-server-problems.html

please let us look for other way, here we can't open the site every 30sec, it need already more seconds for load the site.

Hi fx

So far its slightly better than yesterday - but still not allowing me to post within say 1 second in between the 30 second wait period for additional comments

Hopefully - it will get back to normal

Have a good trading day

Regards

F

Tuesday 25th February 2014 - Just after European Open at 7 00 am

Morning guys

Sorry a little later this morning - and still having a few problems posting on the site - ie delay's

Will do a quick update on the key pairs

EU - currently scalp bullish above 3735 - but would need over 3752 and 57 to hold on for larger scalp buy gains

Under 3732 and 28 - scalp sells for now with 20 being bottom of that support area and then 3712 and 07

More updates to follow

Have a good day

Swissy - Price as fallen from the 8991 area down to current 8979. Under 82 still bearish and in scalp sell mode to test under 75. Would need price to breach 73 and 68 to carry holding any scalp sells on for now

GU - went down to 6585 area - but bounced back up to 6670 area. still have scalp bullish above 56- but needs now to crack above 92 and 97 to try the 6700 price zone

Under 48 and 43 - would be scalp selling again looking for interim supports above 6600

EU - 2 LH's under 3746 - but still above 35, I am already out scalp buy at 41 and will now onlly renter a scalp buy if prices breaches both 44 and 47

EJ - been a lovely scalp sell from EO and 7 ooam time window - - BUT - missed it ;-((

If fell from 80 to so far 56 - all within 15 mins

Still a scalp sell under 67 and as dropped again to 54

We are in a new time window - so reluctant just to join a moving fast train just atm

Morning guys

Sorry a little later this morning - and still having a few problems posting on the site - ie delay's

Have a good day

Good Morning Forexmospherian and all!

open this Reply window need 28sec, that unacceptable.

sorry but I can't follow here and will check out from time to time, but that is a shame for the t2w.

cheers

Unfortunately - got a school run and then got to visit a friend in hospital this morning.

Will be in and around from 8 30 am to say 9 30 - and then maybe back after 11 00am

Should be around for 2-4 hrs later on

Dont worry - will get a good day in this week of at least 6 hr trading ;-)

Good Morning Forexmospherian and all!

open this Reply window need 28sec, that unacceptable.

sorry but I can't follow here and will check out from time to time, but that is a shame for the t2w.

cheers

Morning fx

Pleased it's not just me with the problem

Yes i am out for a bit this morning - hopefully - we will get back to normal ;)

AU - got up to 9045 yesterday with a lovely long slow up rally throughout most of the afternoon onwards

Now back down at 9023 - scalp bearish under 32 - but needs a breach of 15 and 12 to hold any scalp sells on

Above 33 and 37 - back into scalp buys for testing 40 +

Unfortunately - got a school run and then got to visit a friend in hospital this morning.

Will be in and around from 8 30 am to say 9 30 - and then maybe back after 11 00am

Should be around for 2-4 hrs later on

Dont worry - will get a good day in this week of at least 6 hr trading ;-)

ok F, im gonna try getting this live acc going. currently looking at lmax and dukas

EJ - time window from 7 21 am and interim supports at 53/4 have stopped the fast moving scalp sell train

Not jumped in with a scalp buy at 56 - would need 62 and 65 to give me any confirmation this might try a bounce back up to say 70

Similar - really need under 51 and 47 to go back scalp selling EJ

GL over LO time and see you in that hr

Regards

F

Got a massive problem trying to post on this forum atm

All my other web sites I link up to and use and working fine and super quick ??

Will try for next 20 mins to post some comments

Status
Not open for further replies.