Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biggest this week was 150 now but at the end of a good day.

Have not had a losing day and F I don't know how you ever had 7 in a row losers, not possible -)

Don't worry I know there will be more difficult times but I will be playing with their money then.

150 is probably a factor in getting out too fast, will review what I have been doing to try and find an optimum strategy. Inconsistent stakes can hurt you. I have a good system on Dax where I enter up to 3 stakes on scalps and then manage the exits. It's all over sometimes in seconds though but that is the plan.
Playing around and adding stakes on fast scalps can add a lot to the bottom line. I have not done it much or have an optimal fx stake strategy worked, the important point was to establish does the system work and that is an emphatic yes.

Pat not sure what your bot guy got but I have a real gem here for free. Rarely in the interwebz has something been so illuminating. My Mrs couldn't believe that I wrote 600+ times in a forum (it's not me usually or I would be banned, lol), neither can I, however I hope it gets to 6000+.

GL

150 is probably a factor in getting out too fast, will review what I have been doing to try and find an optimum strategy. Inconsistent stakes can hurt you. I have a good system on Dax where I enter up to 3 stakes on scalps and then manage the exits. It's all over sometimes in seconds though but that is the plan.
Playing around and adding stakes on fast scalps can add a lot to the bottom line. I have not done it much or have an optimal fx stake strategy worked, the important point was to establish does the system work and that is an emphatic yes.

Pat not sure what your bot guy got but I have a real gem here for free. Rarely in the interwebz has something been so illuminating. My Mrs couldn't believe that I wrote 600+ times in a forum (it's not me usually or I would be banned, lol), neither can I, however I hope it gets to 6000+.

GL

22,000 and rising :LOL:

1.30 the test for usd to see if the sells were kicking in ..they have

Biggest this week was 150 now but at the end of a good day.

Have not had a losing day and F I don't know how you ever had 7 in a row losers, not possible -)

Don't worry I know there will be more difficult times but I will be playing with their money then.

I was far less experienced then - playing with a spreadbetting desk who were basically taking the mickey with me- ie taking over 30 seconds to enter trades on over £100 a pip

Sometimes I would have entry within say 35 seconds - other times it would take 50 seconds plus and to get out - same - I was being screwed about simply because the brokers had seen my winning methods and thought it was time to teach me a lession

Remember also this was before the days of straight though / no dealing desks / ECN brokers and so the day I had 7 consecutive losses - with at least 3 of them over 10 pips - just freaked me out

Nowadays - I have more experience and am more confident with my method and also if I have 3 small loses in a row - I stop for 30 -60 mins and start again with another pair or in another hour session

I can easily have 3 or 4 losses over a day - but I don't wait to be stopped at 5 or 7 pips - a loss to me is over 1 or 2 pips the wrong after initial entry change and so even 4 losses at minus 3 pips each is only 12 pips - hardly going to freak me out etc

What also did me in was I had gone maybe over 500 + trades with lot size over 10 lots with only 3 consecutive losses and maybe a 75% win ratio. But having 7 in a row at peak lot size - wiped out the previous weeks profits which had been only at half the lot size of 20+

It really did take me 6 months to get back at even 5 lots again - so be careful and be ready if you do have a losing streak etc etc of 6 or 7 consecutive bad un's

Regards

F

EU

2 09 pm

Are we staying with LH's - ie 0960 - 0954/55 and now 0945 ?

If you are not wanting to scalp - over 0960 is buys for certain - maybe to 75 or 80+

Under 0930 and 20 are sells for sure - maybe to 0900 or 0890

The bit now for scalpers is 31 to 46 - ie 15 pips

That could cause us trouble

I only ever have the bigger ones after being ahead.
The Dax also keeps me in chips, so I will be fine and I have traded quite large sizes over many years.
It seems not an issue getting size on trades and I think in fx 125 is not big at all.
I think you can do 1k without too many issues.
Not gonna try yet.
Fx on top this week has me on for the best week of the year, would be if I stopped now but that would be too easy.
GL

GU

2 13 pm

5470 and 65 just need to let go for holding sells on

Need over 5500 to be scalp buying more and holding them longer

We are under the LitS - we should fall - but only if supports let go

I only ever have the bigger ones after being ahead.
The Dax also keeps me in chips, so I will be fine and I have traded quite large sizes over many years.
It seems not an issue getting size on trades and I think in fx 125 is not big at all.
I think you can do 1k without too many issues.
Not gonna try yet.
Fx on top this week has me on for the best week of the year, would be if I stopped now but that would be too easy.
GL

I would agree nowdays with ECN brokers even 50 and 100 lots not massive - although big stuff for retail traders

Back in 2007 / 8 i spoke to 3 spread betting companies and they were saying we have to manually place trades on over £100 a pip - guess they needed the time to lay them off etc - or trade against me

Instead of trading with me - they preferred to pi88 me off and look elsewhere - but of course I was keen with the no tax angle - but thats a different story lol

EU

2 09 pm

Are we staying with LH's - ie 0960 - 0954/55 and now 0945 ?

If you are not wanting to scalp - over 0960 is buys for certain - maybe to 75 or 80+

Under 0930 and 20 are sells for sure - maybe to 0900 or 0890

The bit now for scalpers is 31 to 46 - ie 15 pips

That could cause us trouble

After 2 09 pm and 2 13 pm - we managed to see a rise over 46 and a nice scalp buy

Now can it make over last high and 60 + ????

cads the only straggler here .............all European in buy mode......gbp has most to potentially give

20 min run selling usd ...............enough for anyone to make a few quid

we had 40/45mins max from the 8am bar then it slowed (best session of day so far)

Status
Not open for further replies.