Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
see what F says above (y) - it is so important to vary the usd pairs .........the currencies constantly change momentum and direction .......and you have to pick the best usd pair to optimise returns

as I said earlier ..the eu has been a dog this afternoon ..(both currencies were mainly falling ).......other currencies easily eclipsed the EU ......for me if I only had 3 usd pairs to trade I would go EU,GU and then Ucad as that's a wildcard if the Europeans fail .......:smart:

Hi N

Yes - I reckon a fairly tough day with a lot of both way trades in ranges for short term intraday traders and scalpers.

Still surprised I hit just over 50 pips this afternoon off 2 scalps/ swings on the GU buy and Ucad sell this afternoon - all within 22 mins

meanwhile the AU as been in a 30 pip range ALL day and EU at least had a 50 pip drop this morning - but for US early session - been in a 40 pip range.

You are dead correct about if you can find a multi scalp of say 2 or more pairs all lining up in a time window - you do get better moves - more than likely over 15 pips

In fact at 2 25 / 2 30 pm UK time today - if I had been able to scalp say 5/ 6 pairs all within 20 mins - i would easily have topped 100 pips - in that short a period

Its like waiting for Buses - you can have a 30 min or hour period with not much happening - trying to grab 5 -10 pips - and then you get another 30 mins - and it all fires off - and bang suddenly just on 2 or 3 pairs you can hit over 40 / 50 pips

The market always wants to catch traders out - ie messing with your mind to catch you off guard etc etc and have slow boring periods........ and then quick fire stuff to unsettle you etc

Glad every day is not like this - ( OK I have still had a good day ) but its been hard and more difficult along with a bit of luck being prepared at the right times etc

Dont let me put you off doing 20 -40 trades over 4 -7 hrs or so - but 100 - 200 scalps - well then brain fade and you become mentally fatigued etc etc lol - ie fit for just going to bed ...... to sleep :)

All the best hope to see you around tomorrow

Regards

F

usd was the bang solid signal ..............euro and GBP were not as strong calls

5746 the gu now .........getting better , eu come of 4-5 pips as well.........

N

hey F ............just practicing at the moment on some tweaks ....

my 200 a day habit is long gone ..................i'm figuring now probably 7-10 signals a day on most of the Currencies I look at based on the adjustments made in last few weeks now ..........

so basically if I get a run I don't go in again ............unless I have to exit on sever retraces.....................I figure that it will be hard for me to take more than 20-30 trades in a session now based on these new tweaks (y)

for example that last call (although still both trading as a few pips profit) would be well down the pecking order of trades to take ..............just playing :smart:

later
N

6 35 pm

The GU if it stays over 5740 on pullbacks - is still bullish and another scalp buy

Even down to 5730 - still in a Bullish PM PS

hey F ............just practicing at the moment on some tweaks ....

my 200 a day habit is long gone ..................i'm figuring now probably 7-10 signals a day on most of the Currencies I look at based on the adjustments made in last few weeks now ..........

so basically if I get a run I don't go in again ............unless I have to exit on sever retraces.....................I figure that it will be hard for me to take more than 20-30 trades in a session now based on these new tweaks (y)

for example that last call (although still both trading as a few pips profit) would be well down the pecking order of trades to take ..............just playing :smart:

later
N

That's good

Its always difficult to adjust to other ways etc - it takes time - but if you get 3 or 5 nice moves a day off say 2 or 3 pairs - then BINGO - you have it made

Forget the 5 or 10 lots + pressure per pip - even on just 1 or 2 lots max - you can then aim at $1k + days - all within 4 - 6 managed - cherry picked hours

Regards

F

Reactions: NVP
You are right N

Noticed the GU too late - but after 6 05 and 6 09 pm on GU a nice 15 - 20 pip rise - and PA was nice on it

6 20 / 21 pm - the scalp sell(y)

my last serious signal on GU was a sell at around 2.45 pm at 5754 so I had a few opps to make money selling down to 5717 .....then a secondary signal to buy it at those lows.........but nothing like the power of the sell signal

I have been seeing signals to buy usd in last hour from 6.15 ish.... but partnering it has been the issue .....Europeans drifting south but no gravy really

N

faked usd buy earlier ..........she really is on the rocks now at 18.21 for buy opps

5750 for gu sells

gu is the obvious sell .........but thin volumes make this time of night pretty flaky

N

5744 now the low on gu and eu has come off a decent handful as well...........

jees - must put the dinner on now :eek:.......oops !!

tomorrow all
N

cad looking a little overbought .....but usd is primed to sell as well

far rather look to buy gu at 33 ish........

cad looking a little overbought .....but usd is primed to sell as well

far rather look to buy gu at 33 ish........

gu got to 39 and eu got to 1202...........god bless time windows .(y)

back tomorrow

Last edited:
Plan to be around from approx 6 00 am to 6 30 am in morning and will update a new LitS area list and then not back at my desk to maybe 8 30 / 40 am

Hope to get then 2 to 3 hrs in before Lunchtime and a couple of hours in the afternoon - with only main red news on list after 3 15 pm

With the EU still hovering around 1200 - it still does not seem very positive on the Greece debacle - ie another meeting planned for Saturday

Will cover the EU tomorrow but plan to intraday trade other non Euro pairs more maybe - with the GU and Ucad being good for me today

See you tomorrow

Regards

F

LitS Area - for this morning Intraday trading - approx 6 15 am UK time

EU - 1190 -1200 ish

GU - 5680 - 5700 ish

EJ - 138 75 - 138 85 ish

UJ - 123 80 - 123 95 ish

UChf - 9330 - 9345 ish

UCad - 2380 - 2400 ish

AU - 7700 - 7715 ish

Will update the list - during the day

I calculate approx 340 pips off LitS areas if you were able to buy above or sell below and was able to exit within 30 -45 mins of interim highs and lows of the day

My daily target is 50 pips.

The GU and UCad easily helped me to well over achieve that - even on what I would say was not an easy day - although lots of 7 - 15 pips scalp available through most hours

Lets hope tomorrow is better

Regards

F

Cable 95 pips range

EU 74 pips range

yen 63 pips range

GJ 133 pips range

EJ 122 pips

GBPNZD 230 pips

EURNZD 140 pips range

If you were able to buy the low and sell the high you would have made +830 pips plus easily ...

I think today was a day on not trading...I have not trade much, lost a few pips but I think to stay out was the wise choice. only me

Friday 26th June 2015 - Pre Opens

A very Good Morning to all FX Intraday Traders

Its a Friday - with not much red news going on - other than the Greece debacle which seems to be going right to the brink

Although I hope to get between 4- 7 hrs in of trading over a 10 -12 hr period -my morning is different - ie I am out away from my desk from 6 35 am ish to 8 35 am ish - so missing an important 2 hrs of my session

I hope to maybe get a couple of scalps in before I leave - but will be updating the LitS list - with the idea that its a guide for the Intraday bias on pairs ie the PS for the session - so above the area - it favours more buys - and below the area - the opposite favouring more sells.

Today - I will cover the EU - but it will not be my main scalping pair - nor maybe the EJ - I will be more than likely covering the GU / AU / UJ / UCad etc a little more

All inputs on FX welcome - especially when I am not about for a few hours etc - calls - charts - forecasts - ideas - new methods - other FX pairs - etc etc

Have a great day

Regards

F

Status
Not open for further replies.