Status
Not open for further replies.
UJ

2 58 pm

Woke up after 2 39 pm and 2 51 pm on scalp buys

Price now up 20 pips at 123 63/4

That was a strong rise - against a session down bias

2 51 pm was another scalp sell on GU

Not taken it - just waiting for after the hr change at 3 00 pm for another review etc

Really bad error by me - I should have taken the scalp sell - just because I had done well on scalp buys earlier on GU - was no excuse to miss the pullback

Not focused correctly - reckon I need an holiday lol

Saying that my Daughter is in Marbella and says it really very Hot

Still leaving the EU out of my scalps for now - but at least it just woken up and after 2 51 pm dropped under 1200 down to the 1180 ish support area so far

Will keep an eye on it - but really unless under 1150 and 40 - not so keen to play with it for now

Will try and pop back before 5 00 pm and maybe later on

Its still slow etc for now - although a few nice scalps about

GL and see you later

F

working usd buys now for a while ....(since 2.30 ish)......enough of the selling

Last edited:
the eu has been tough today ...........for various reasons...... here was where I was attacking those currencies for best signals ..........technically if both currencies give signals at similar times then clearly it should generate a damn good trade ...........if not then again technically I should be seeking alternative pairs that both have good buy / sell signals..but in truth I will usually go with the trade anyway

the eu then only had 1 top signal today for me ..........right into a decent time window and I was hunting a major bounce for a run up .......so it did alright ...........

this afternoon I got various signals to sell usd but as you can see the euro was not the buy as the damn thing fell as well in relative terms ...........do not pass go and do not collect £200

GU was the much better buy trade as i'm sure you know this afternoon

I have published my results in earlier weeks and whilst pretty good ...... it was apparent I was/am over trading ..........I scalp like a tommy gun and 200+ scalps a day was common to me ...........

F has been naturally persuading me to slow down the ole machine and take less trades .......which I have been working hard on ............based on a lot of reworking of my style I can now scale up or down the number of trades and pairs as needed............however to only take 1 trade a day on EU would be a little boring ............

having tuned my strengthmeter systems over last 15 years I cannot claim to say I trade F's LR systems...we all have our paths to walk........but my main takeaway (amongst many others) from F's approach is the time windows strategy..I recommend it for scalpers as it can really make the difference :smart:

N

Attachments

• eu longest day.JPG
    eu longest day.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 69
working usd buys now for a while ....(since 2.30 ish)......enough of the selling

here we are ......again the usd is indeed now climbing quite regularly

but the euro is not the main seller all the time ......but still not bad ........especially the last few mins z!!!! :innocent: (y)

N

Attachments

• buy usd.JPG
    buy usd.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 70
This is why it important you trade ideally 2 or 3 or more pairs

In last 20 min on EU - you might have made 5 -7 pips on a scalp

Meanwhile on GU and UCad - in total over 34 pips

Thats why dont just follow the EU once you have got your scalping sorted out

see what F says above (y) - it is so important to vary the usd pairs .........the currencies constantly change momentum and direction .......and you have to pick the best usd pair to optimise returns

as I said earlier ..the eu has been a dog this afternoon ..(both currencies were mainly falling ).......other currencies easily eclipsed the EU ......for me if I only had 3 usd pairs to trade I would go EU,GU and then Ucad as that's a wildcard if the Europeans fail .......:smart:

i'm not trading but I see a nice bounce north on the usd at 6pm bar change

faked usd buy earlier ..........she really is on the rocks now at 18.21 for buy opps

5750 for gu sells

gu is the obvious sell .........but thin volumes make this time of night pretty flaky

N

not usually on screens at this time but fine tuning a scalping setting ........wife not in from work yet

faked usd buy earlier ..........she really is on the rocks now at 18.21 for buy opps

5750 for gu sells

gu is the obvious sell .........but thin volumes make this time of night pretty flaky

N

5748 but flaky in truth as we hit the 30m bar

Status
Not open for further replies.