Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fugazy,

Why does this bother you time and again?
F is not selling anything here so any pips claimed are a result of buying at X selling at Y. Any person stumbling across the thread first time isn't going to run out and place a bunch of trades based on a couple of posts with X pips.
It would be obvious to anyone who read more than a couple of pages the way F describes his trades and then says '30% stakes left on etc'. The rest is just semantics in my opinion.

Now if you wanted to get in to a pipping match then hands down Tar wins.

Like I started with why get excited, enjoy the live calls and you know how he calculates.

Morning and GL all today.

I do not understand your post.

We are having a simple talk on how pips are calculated, I am not accusing anyone of anything...

If you are unable to have a simple talk without pointing your finger I suggest you do not get involved.....

Beside I think Tar is having just fun, he is trowing pips around like anyone else....I think.

Last edited:
Hi Fugazsy

Yes - How we calculate the pips is really the issue

The fact is though - if one trader takes one sell entry and after 1 hour the FX pair he has sold falls say 30 pips - he will see on his statement just the number of pips he exits with ( as a net figure less spread and any commissions etc ) - lets say 28 pips

If another trader takes the same trade as the first trader - but enters 3 times all within say 3 mins and then part exits during the first 10 mins and then reenters again after 25 mins with another say 2 trades - he will have 5 trades on all at different stages .

He then exits say 3 of them 100% at say 26 and 28 pips and leaves the other 2 on and does not exit at all after the hour.

His statement would show 5 trades - not one trade and he could show pip counts of say - 6 + 8 + 8 + 12 + 13 + 26 + 26 + 28 = 127 pips with 2 trades still open and left on.

He's taken 5 trades but with peeling shows 8 exits and still has 2 trades on - that he might exit with only a few pips or even 200+ if the trade kept going

So first trader made 1 trade and netted 28 pips

Second trader multi traded and ended up with 127 pips with 2 trades still left on

He can also say he made 5 trades and can claim 127 pips - its genuine

However the first trader might have entered with say 2 lots and made on 28 pips a total of $560 dollars

The second trader might have never put more than $3 on any entry and then with part stakes his total money from the 127 pips would be less than $560 .

Its all down to risk management and the different ways you can trade - but the second trader can still claim 127 pips from 5 trades - as that shows on his statement

Have a good session

Regards

F

F

Thank you for your post, but I meant something else...Never mind, not important.

Have a great day.

EU

7 04 am

High so far this week - 1296 yesterday evening and low 1190 - so just over 100 pip range so far

Price atm - approx 1274

LitS area - 1265 -75 - above both favours higher and scalp buys and below favours falls and scalp sells

Then its all down to interim S & R levels at above 1295 -1300 - 1307/10 - 1320 etc - below - 1267 - 1260 -1250/55 - 1240 - 1220 etc

I scalp sold after 6 09 am - and then scalp bought at 6 28 am

Not in any EU scalp atm for EO

8 35 am

Back now - Hi Nick and Fugazsy

EU

well it made above 1265 and 75 to 78 when I left and so over LitS levels and certainly then a buy and now I am back its made 1329 and I am out a 30% stake off a 7 32 am buy at 1313 whilst I review etc

EU

8 38 am

For now need back over 1316 and 22 for taking more scalp buys

1300 -1307 area is a support - previous R interim area

Under 1300 next interim supports around 1290 and then 1280

8 55 am

Just lost my Virgin media broadband then for approx 5 minutes

Back on OK and have rang them up - but thats the last thing you want when trading ;-((

EU

8 38 am

For now need back over 1316 and 22 for taking more scalp buys

1300 -1307 area is a support - previous R interim area

Under 1300 next interim supports around 1290 and then 1280

EU

8 57 am

The 7 30 am scalp buys resulted in 60+ pip rises and then sells after 8 09 am ( not here for them at start) as now resulted in approx 45 pip falls

My LitS is still the same at 1265/75 for now

Hopefully can look for scalp buys above 75/80 area next

EU

Really we need any scalp buy to make over 1308 to stay with it - as under 1307 still in a down bias - even though we are above the LitS area

9 07 am

This next 20+ mins we have the UK Pound red news - so i will focus on that pair next for the news

That could also include the GJ and GA and EG besides the GU - but will concentrate just on the GU levels etc

GU

9 11 am

The scalp buy came in after 9 01 /02 am from 5591/2

The LitS area is still 5585/ 95 and the high this morning so far at 5631 ish

We really need under 5580 and 70 to be holding or taking more scalp sells - as above 85/95 still in a PS which is AM session bullish

Main scalping range from say 5590 to 5620 - ie 30 pips

Above 5620 and 5630 we know its just more buys for higher

Opposite under 5590 - 80 and 70

EJ

9 14 am

Already up 23 pips from the 8 58/9 am scalp buy

Markets are being kind and nice to me this morning

Whats going wrong - lol - when will the tricks start ?? ;-)

8 55 am

Just lost my Virgin media broadband then for approx 5 minutes

Back on OK and have rang them up - but thats the last thing you want when trading ;-((

Watch those soft stops F.........no internet = no exit

But you know that ;)

Watch those soft stops F.........no internet = no exit

But you know that ;)

Morning N

I have got a separate dongle on 3 net work for a tablet - so can still manually close quicker than through the phone in worse case scenario etc

Trouble is - its just another small problem you dont want when you are scalping etc

That's why I prefer cheery picking trades lasting over 10 - 20 mins than 2-5 min scalps - but even then in the hands of the market to catch me out if it wants too -

EU

9 22 am

Cannot make over 1304/5 and need over 1307 and 10 for now to stay with buys

Not taking any more scalps before GU news at 9 30 am now

GU

price at 9 25 am at 5608 and been a scalp buy from after 9 00 am and 5591 /2

Not leaving any part stake on etc for news - as I am a chicken really and always try to play safe at news times if I can - although if I had say 50+ pips in a part stake - then might leave it on

5566 low so far - so really if we stay under 83 and then go under 5560 more sells

Staying over 5566 and going over 5583 - shows scalp buys taking over

Status
Not open for further replies.