Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all and F. i post this chart for your thoughts and how to avoid the issue at the red vertical line.

Attachments

• m1nu.PNG
    m1nu.PNG
    93.2 KB · Views: 90
NU pair after 2 00pm today

hi all and F. i post this chart for your thoughts and how to avoid the issue at the red vertical line.

i got burned there

Hi MM

First point - dont worry - that was trick time on many pairs - the FX markets were having fun and spiking up and down and catching most traders out - including me on one pair

It was really a BTTZ area - and the market milked it rotten - so traders working on tight stops etc would more than likely be caught - one way or the other

I have posted my chart below - I was not trading NU at the time

For me it was in up bias but a scalp sell after a high and 1 51 pm

It kept dropping after 2 09 pm - but really should have stopped then or by say 3 - 5 pips lower

Instead it over ran maybe 8 pips - (still above main supports on way up ) and then spiked quickly both ways to catch scalpers out.

The fact that it was outside the TW - normally you ignore - but it then shot back up as a great scalp buy after 2 15 pm - again outside our window

In normal terms you would have just exited your scalp sell from 1 51 pm or 2 00 pm and be glad with say 13 - 16 pips - and you might have left some on with a tight stop in profit - which would then have been taken out - but still with a few pips profit

To catch the buy and stay with it would be easy after 2 20 / 21 pm - but you would have missed 60%+ of the rise and then only caught 5 -7 pips max

It also broke the time rules as well - high taken out after 30 mins and under 50 mins - and really it was just pure manipulation by players - ie one of those times you dont want to lose 8 or 10 pips - all within a few mins

In a nutshell - still in uptrend at the time above 6983/85

See my chart and arrows etc etc and KT

Regards

F

191940d1434400922-intraday-live-short-term-trading-calls-expert-retail-forex-trader-nu-150615-mm.png

Attachments

• NU - 150615 mm.png
    NU - 150615 mm.png
    69 KB · Views: 460
is Tar serious or is he having fun?

All I know is

1 - He can intraday trade and he his very experienced.

2. He makes more than one entry and so there is a double up or even more on his pip counts- especially if scaling out

3. To make over 400+ pips - he would have needed to trade at least 4+ FX "very busy" pairs - but I don't know whether he included Gold or other instruments as well

4. I dont know his RR ratios or stop sizes etc

5 I don't know if count includes any trades left on from Friday or taken Sunday night

Is it possible - yes of course it is

Regards

F

All I know is

1 - He can intraday trade and he his very experienced.

2. He makes more than one entry and so there is a double up or even more on his pip counts- especially if scaling out

3. To make over 400+ pips - he would have needed to trade at least 4+ FX "very busy" pairs - but I don't know whether he included Gold or other instruments as well

4. I dont know his RR ratios or stop sizes etc

5 I don't know if count includes any trades left on from Friday or taken Sunday night

Is it possible - yes of course it is

Regards

F

F

everything is possible but doing it is a completely different story, also depend how we calculate our pips, if we make a trade and cover it 10 times @ around +10, we are not making around 100 pips but just around 10.

F

everything is possible but doing it is a completely different story, also depend how we calculate our pips, if we make a trade and cover it 10 times @ around +10, we are not making around 100 pips but just around 10.

Hi Fugazsy

Yes - How we calculate the pips is really the issue

The fact is though - if one trader takes one sell entry and after 1 hour the FX pair he has sold falls say 30 pips - he will see on his statement just the number of pips he exits with ( as a net figure less spread and any commissions etc ) - lets say 28 pips

If another trader takes the same trade as the first trader - but enters 3 times all within say 3 mins and then part exits during the first 10 mins and then reenters again after 25 mins with another say 2 trades - he will have 5 trades on all at different stages .

He then exits say 3 of them 100% at say 26 and 28 pips and leaves the other 2 on and does not exit at all after the hour.

His statement would show 5 trades - not one trade and he could show pip counts of say - 6 + 8 + 8 + 12 + 13 + 26 + 26 + 28 = 127 pips with 2 trades still open and left on.

He's taken 5 trades but with peeling shows 8 exits and still has 2 trades on - that he might exit with only a few pips or even 200+ if the trade kept going

So first trader made 1 trade and netted 28 pips

Second trader multi traded and ended up with 127 pips with 2 trades still left on

He can also say he made 5 trades and can claim 127 pips - its genuine

However the first trader might have entered with say 2 lots and made on 28 pips a total of $560 dollars

The second trader might have never put more than $3 on any entry and then with part stakes his total money from the 127 pips would be less than $560 .

Its all down to risk management and the different ways you can trade - but the second trader can still claim 127 pips from 5 trades - as that shows on his statement

Have a good session

Regards

F

Tuesday 16th June 2015 - Pre Opens

Good Morning Guys

I notice a few more red news announcements today - with the first at 9 30 am on the UK Pound

Its normal stuff again - and yes already started my scalping in this last 45 mins

I am out this morning before London Open and also out for approx 90 mins after 2 30 pm this afternoon

Remember LitS - is the " Line in the Sand " area on price structure for a session based on price structure - with above the prices favouring rising and scalp buys and below the prices - falls and favouring scalp sells.

I get my session PS of a 1 min LR chart and its important for intraday trading along with interim S & R levels and time etc etc

All FX input etc welcome - please join in with comments - charts - questions - calls - etc - and dont worry if you are wrong or make mistakes - you can never be 100% accurate or correct in trading - just control your risk and your losses - stay focused and take regular breaks and finish for the day when ever you want - Y. O. U. are in control

Have a great day

Regards

F

EU

7 04 am

High so far this week - 1296 yesterday evening and low 1190 - so just over 100 pip range so far

Price atm - approx 1274

LitS area - 1265 -75 - above both favours higher and scalp buys and below favours falls and scalp sells

Then its all down to interim S & R levels at above 1295 -1300 - 1307/10 - 1320 etc - below - 1267 - 1260 -1250/55 - 1240 - 1220 etc

I scalp sold after 6 09 am - and then scalp bought at 6 28 am

Not in any EU scalp atm for EO

GU

7 08 am

LitS at 5585 - 95 area

High at 5615 - low yesterday 5489 ish and this morning 5586

Its been a scalp sell from 7 00 am and the EO

EU & EJ

Like the GU after EO and 7 00 am - both been scalp sells again with new morning lows in last hour

Did not take all 3 - only GU and EJ so far - and EJ late

EJ

7 15 am

LitS level at 139 00 to 139 10

High so far this morning 139 48 and low 139 03 ish

Like the EU - after 6 28 am it was scalp buys and after 7 00 am scalp sells

With me being out for approx 40 mins just before 8 00 am - not going through all the other main pairs - will cover those when I get back

Back now for 7 30 am ish

EU

7 39 am

We would need back over 1275 / 77 to be able to stay with scalp buys

under 73 really its still a sell - but then need to see under 1260 and 55

Also be careful now on 30 min rule on low holding

GU

7 28 / 29 am scalp buy as just made now about 10 pips

5600 is a barrier as well atm

I am out in next 5 mins or so - but back for about 8 40 am

See you later guys

Hi Fugazsy

Yes - How we calculate the pips is really the issue

The fact is though - if one trader takes one sell entry and after 1 hour the FX pair he has sold falls say 30 pips - he will see on his statement just the number of pips he exits with ( as a net figure less spread and any commissions etc ) - lets say 28 pips

If another trader takes the same trade as the first trader - but enters 3 times all within say 3 mins and then part exits during the first 10 mins and then reenters again after 25 mins with another say 2 trades - he will have 5 trades on all at different stages .

He then exits say 3 of them 100% at say 26 and 28 pips and leaves the other 2 on and does not exit at all after the hour.

His statement would show 5 trades - not one trade and he could show pip counts of say - 6 + 8 + 8 + 12 + 13 + 26 + 26 + 28 = 127 pips with 2 trades still open and left on.

He's taken 5 trades but with peeling shows 8 exits and still has 2 trades on - that he might exit with only a few pips or even 200+ if the trade kept going

So first trader made 1 trade and netted 28 pips

Second trader multi traded and ended up with 127 pips with 2 trades still left on

He can also say he made 5 trades and can claim 127 pips - its genuine

However the first trader might have entered with say 2 lots and made on 28 pips a total of $560 dollars

The second trader might have never put more than $3 on any entry and then with part stakes his total money from the 127 pips would be less than $560 .

Its all down to risk management and the different ways you can trade - but the second trader can still claim 127 pips from 5 trades - as that shows on his statement

Have a good session

Regards

F

Fugazy,

Why does this bother you time and again?
F is not selling anything here so any pips claimed are a result of buying at X selling at Y. Any person stumbling across the thread first time isn't going to run out and place a bunch of trades based on a couple of posts with X pips.
It would be obvious to anyone who read more than a couple of pages the way F describes his trades and then says '30% stakes left on etc'. The rest is just semantics in my opinion.

Now if you wanted to get in to a pipping match then hands down Tar wins.

Like I started with why get excited, enjoy the live calls and you know how he calculates.

Morning and GL all today.

Status
Not open for further replies.