Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.

That was a set up though - but the strength of drop surprised me

They wanted bears out - before the main move they played

It worked

I am as bad - I had planned to sell again under 1275 and 70 - as commented over 25 mins ago - but did not set up any pending orders - so missed out at 75 and 70

That;s trading around Opens I suppose - trickery and manipulation normally

Good Morning Guys

Second day of the week and one with a lot more red news announcements.

In fact it looks a busy news day

We have the AU and NU red news announcements in the Asian Session early on this morning and before the US session we have red news on the UK Pound at 9 30 am and the EU at 10 00 am - followed by US dollar red news at 1 30 pm.

A perfect excuse for the market makers to have a field day - that's if they want too - for example good EU news and bad US dollar news and we know what might happen - but the other way around and a different scenario.

Not as though I am really bothered about the Fundamentals- as my Intraday trading is maybe 90% + all just technical - with the other part split with Fundamentals and manipulation etc etc.

Normal stuff again today - ie Objective to make over 50 pips profit via anything from 5 to 20 intraday trades on a few key FX pairs - knowing that I might have 1 or 2 or even 3 or 4 mistakes - but should catch 3 or 5 or 10 or more nice trades with RR's over 2 or 3 - or even with a bit of "luck" ( Yes at least 5 or 10% of my type of trading ) might have a intraday trade with a RR of 5+ ;-)

Normal stuff - updates - quick reviews - levels and then some trade ideas etc - but just cannot call every scalp in advance - BUT first one this morning was not at 6 21 am for me - it was at 6 25 / 26 am and yes on both EU and EJ - scalp buys - but will discuss that further this morning.

All input on FX trading welcome - comments - good and bad -- charts - good and bad - thoughts etc etc - you are welcome

Have a good day and yes - I reckon Major Magnum - NVP and myself - should all end up with green pips and again - another profitable day - remember - don't believe Banksters - they are as bad as dodgy vendors and crooks lol

Regards

F

( I was smiling whilst I typed this ;-) )

closed some rems for 114pips

Attachments

• 114.PNG
    114.PNG
    17.3 KB · Views: 73
closed some rems for 114pips

Excellent MM

But remember you are just "lucky" ( lol)- - what did you use - a toss of a lucky pound - lol

Only joking - proper traders will always be able to spot other traders who have great skills - you are there now MM

Keep it up and stay focused with another good day

Regards

F

morning,

would i be able to post some of my own calls here even though i use a vastly different strategy?

That was a set up though - but the strength of drop surprised me

They wanted bears out - before the main move they played

It worked

I am as bad - I had planned to sell again under 1275 and 70 - as commented over 25 mins ago - but did not set up any pending orders - so missed out at 75 and 70

That;s trading around Opens I suppose - trickery and manipulation normally

I am really pissed with myself here, I was spot right....it was all planned, great entry little risk..... I am an Idiot, I bailed out because of my feelings.....what a lot of crap..

8 18am

Still falling atm

We know on EU 1200 is a big round number and so a potential support etc

EJ - fell now over 120 pips or so

Need a cup of tea and a 10 min break to review I reckon

MM not meaning to bait at all (I am a supporter of the thread), at this point in your trading career the only query I have is that a few hundred points of profits should equate to a lot more in £'s than you appear to be making.
At what point will you ratchet up the stakes to get proper compensation for the effort and dedication that you obviously have put in?
GL

Hi Nick, a good question.
The reason i still post here is that clearly i owe F my time to show others that it is possible to take shorter term trades as a newbie,.
For me, i worry about two things with this approach. the first of those is that i don't get full whack on my entry size by the time i get out, buts i think that's the nature of this approach.
Secondly, the only time i mess up is with too large lot sizes. this is clearly an uncomfortable zone for me as i take profits on a large proportion too early. I need to get more comfortable with both aspects of these.
Further, I know F is a big guy as he has no problem with me performing well,does not get hoity toity about it and celebrates my learning curve. All the ingredients necessary for a good learning environment, However, i know there is still so much i need to accommodate from his approach that i know i don't have yet, so i guess my presence here is also self serving.

some background on how i do things:

5 minute chart (clean no indicators) i don't even draw lines. typical stop is 10 pips or less and target at least 2 but more common 3-4 times what i have risked. To be fair it is a fairly new method i have developed but it is backed by almost 10 years market experience.

I am really pissed with myself here, I was spot right....it was all planned, great entry little risk..... I am an Idiot, I bailed out because of my feelings.....what a lot of crap..

Every trader has those feelings at times

When you are a scalper - it easier - because you get used to having a few losses and missed opportunitities etc etc

The real trick is too leave part stakes on in profits near highs and lows - and then when you have a really big 50 - 100 pip quick move - one will work and make you good money - whilst the other gets stopped out - but still in a small profit

Ideally - and I did not do it you have a 20 -40% stake sell under 1315 - 10 with stop in 2 -3 pips of profit and similar buy at 85 in same 2-3 pip stop in profit

What ever happened then - that big move either way would have made you profit

140 pips up now on a superb EU morning ....really taking a break now ............news at 9.30 on GBP

Attachments

• eu dumped.JPG
    eu dumped.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 128
EU

9 48 am

1164/65 low atm

I have a lot of supports from 1135 to 1150 so after a 160 pip drop this morning - i dont see 1100 or lower - but you just never know

140 pips up now on a superb EU morning ....really taking a break now ............news at 9.30 on GBP

Very well done N

Hope you have achieved it on less than 30 trades :D

London Open was a shock - but after we did a LL under 1320 yesterday - you did expect tries lower - but maybe not that quick

Have another good day

Regards

F

Status
Not open for further replies.