Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Fugazsy

Say I take a scalp at 5 lots which is say approx 0 5% of my capital based on a 5 pip stop

Then after say 11 pips - I exit 70% and leave approx 30% of my initial stake of 5 pips still on with stop in profit

In this case instead of being exactly $15 per pip left on - it might be 2 lots - ie $20 a pip

Now my stop is in profit - so no additional risk exposed - but my stake size is really only 0 2 % approx of my capital - so to make 1% - I would need 5 times the basis of original stop size of 5 pips - so 5 x 5 = 25 pips - which would still then only be worth 1% gain on my account

Most of my larger pip amounts come off approx 30% stake sizes - not off 100% stake sizes like anything from 3 to 8 lots per pip - all depending on my perception of whether the probability is like AAA+++ or just AA + etc etc

So a day of 200 pips - 160 pips might all be on 30% stakes sizes so still only like 6% gain on that part

If I was only using $10 as 30% stake size - then 150 pips on my 30% stake would then only be worth like 3% capital account gain.

My gains are then based on my existing account levels and how well I feel I am reading the market etc - and so are not set rigidly in stone - ie fluid just like my trading style :)

Regards

F

(y)

Bookmarked as with the previous reply. Thank you.

Now.....if most of your profit comes from the 30% stake, what would have happened if you did not take 70% off at +11 or whatever pips?

Fzsy

take your time, if you can repost it on my thread it will be appreciate, there I will find it and read it. Done for the day....:)

chat later

Cheer Fzsy

Will post a full reply and explanation a bit later on today

Back in this thread after 2 30pm now

Been a busy last hour with gft32 - quite a few moves - but having a bite to eat now

GU

2 47pm

Supports here from 4765 to 70 with price low about 75 atm

Are we going to stop before supports with then a HL ??

By rights the EU / GU / EJ should drop lower and Uchf and Ucad and UJ should rise

But markets always like to catch out and do different - so need more clues in this TW

2 56 pm

EU

0717 low and cut off on sells at 29 /30 now

I do have some interim supports at 0715/17 as well

Under there 0700

EU

3 02 pm

No over 0730 - high made just 28 - so still a sell and testing lower now under 0715

0730+ is clue on EU for a change

If any of you are using a LR I min chart - check after 3 05 pm

I have more LRs under price at 18 then over saying scalp buy - but as we know - if we dont make over 30 its still a sell again

why 730 and not 727? that's where i see previous h

Always allow a few pips either way - 1 to 3 pips - as all on charts are different anyway - so really we have to use our own chart price which might be a pip different to yours

On 2 brokers I use I can have up a a 2 pip difference many times of the day

No over 0730 on EU - still a sell

So far new low 0704/5 -as you can imagine 0700 is a support area and under 16 for now - still a sell on bounces

Status
Not open for further replies.