Not open for further replies.
More pips

Attachments

• 2015-03-25 13_37_08-.png
    2015-03-25 13_37_08-.png
    78.4 KB · Views: 84
2 17 pm

Back now

Out now of both 30% buy trades - shame but had hoped that one at 0963 would have lasted

Can see EU still in bull bias above 0955 and a scalp buy after 2 09 pm from 69/ 70 area

will sort my self out and back in 5 mins

One trouble for me is consistency... it's my number 1 aim...any feedback F?

Hi gft

I need to know more feedback etc on you number of trades etc over last 3 months

Some batches of 100 scalps - I will be in mid 65% success rates - other batches - high 80% +

I can still have 4 + bad consecutive trades in a bad hour - but then some 3 hrs periods have 12 + good trades in a row - and thats after 17k of live trades etc etc

By trying to keep your stop as tight as possible - I could take 10 trades - get 5 wrong and lose say 20 pips - and still make well over 80 -100 + pips on the other 5 winners and so have a positive day with 5 bad trades

If you can give me more info - will help you as much as possible

But remember every month and every 100+ trades or so - you should see improved results - even if only keeping above a 65% win ratio

Regards

F

EU

2 28 pm

cannot get above 0987 for now

Last low held 30 mins with no breach

We need over 0992 and 98 to stay with buys - but maybe we can buy again above 62 -65 area

UJ

2 30 am

Caught a scalp sell this morning on it

From after 1 00 pm and 1 30 pm - its been in a buy mode as the dollar strengthened etc

I scalp bought the EU - but also the UJ after 2 09 pm as well - but now UJ still trying up - as EU flounders

So many pairs out of sync - but no problem for scalps with my set up

UJ

I dont expect to make over 119 - 70 as 60 to 65 as a lot of R's

So maybe when we sell this pair next we can start scalp buying the EU again

EJ

2 36 pm

Still session bullish above 130 95 and 131 00 - but need to see over 35 and then 45 to be taking more scalp buys

Okay, i don't have it in one place/account so I'll summarize it here...

I should probably create a new journal where I list all my trades daily and keep a record of it.

Currently loses around 5-7 pips, winners around 2-4 pips AND very few 10,15,25 pips... total p/l is minus...

Majority of the winners are less than the loses with very few large winners...

I always try to lock profits 1-2 pips or even break even to avoid the trades go against me but I get stopped out on pullbacks... I assume those large winners are due no pullbacks near my entries...

What I'd like is to have winners bigger than 5-7 pips... currently it's not the case

EU

2 47 pm

My afternoon range for now - is 0930 to 0990 - 60 pips

Ok - if we make back over say 75 and 85 its scalp buys and we might test 1000 + again

Under 70 and then if 50 goes well maybe sells down to 40 and then 0930 area

Under there 0907 / 0900

UJ still testing mid 60's levels - but when that stops as well on buys we might get a stop on EU sells as well

Okay, i don't have it in one place/account so I'll summarize it here...

I should probably create a new journal where I list all my trades daily and keep a record of it.

Currently loses around 5-7 pips, winners around 2-4 pips AND very few 10,15,25 pips... total p/l is minus...

Majority of the winners are less than the loses with very few large winners...

I always try to lock profits 1-2 pips or even break even to avoid the trades go against me but I get stopped out on pullbacks... I assume those large winners are due no pullbacks near my entries...

What I'd like is to have winners bigger than 5-7 pips... currently it's not the case

Approx how many trades a day ??

By the look you are getting great scalp entries - but not the ones that go on at key times etc

MM even had some runs of 15 + bad trades in a row while he was learning - but after about 500 trades on demo - he started to catch the flow

The more info etc - then the more I can help etc and fine tune

It is very much a confidence and timing issue - assisted by more experience reading PA

We will get you there - dont worry (y)

UJ peaked at 119 61 and after 2 40 pm we saw the first sells kick in

we need under 44 and 40 to stay with sells and above say 65+ would still be a scalp buy again

I take around 30 trades a day....not only the ones at tws but more on trendlines break... for example if i see a break of trendline at 11 45 am I take the trade...

the 2 21 pm sell on the EU at 0981 was 18 pips because 1- no pullback near the entry and 2- i left the stop loss where it is and didn't move it to break even or +1/2 pips

AU

3 08 pm

I have taken a few scalps on this pair today - in fact my first trade of the morning was on it

Its been nice today - and very readable and maybe easier than the EU

It peaked in the 12 30 pm TW at 7904 and after 1 00 pm as dropped over 50 pips - now making a new low for today at 7848 - as I type

Bounces under 60 are really sells again - but need to see if we get a low holding 30 mins next

I take around 30 trades a day....not only the ones at tws but more on trendlines break... for example if i see a break of trendline at 11 45 am I take the trade...

the 2 21 pm sell on the EU at 0981 was 18 pips because 1- no pullback near the entry and 2- i left the stop loss where it is and didn't move it to break even or +1/2 pips

Thats good info - and well done doing that many and gaining experience

Maybe we need to slow you down - to under say 2 trades an hour and say maximum 20 over a full day

This might get you cherry picking more and looking for better set ups rather than 2 -5 pip moves

Do you leave many on with part stakes on in just say 2 or 3 pips of profit??

That's always an help as you have a win / win then what ever happens

Some of my 30% trades have made me 100's and even 1000's of pips - and many times not expected it - but maybe only 2 out 10 work for more than 25 pips

Status
Not open for further replies.