Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we can scalp buy on EU above 0965 / 70 area - but we would need any scalp buy to make back over 83 and 92 + again to stay with buys

Under 53 and 48 sells still to 0930 -40 area

Yep - could not agree more

If you get out of sync and also jump back in - easy to get caught out

I never mind if I can rescue entry and out B/E or with a couple of pips - but then if its a 5 + pip loss - you kick yourself for thinking - what am I doing lol

Still - as long as you get a few trades over 10 or 20 or even 30+ pips - all is rose and back to normal(y)

Yeah, Upon reflection I would of bought couple pips lower, and bars earlier, still with a hard stop at -8 , and that would of held . It's all about refinement ,consistency and not digging a deeper hole when you stick yourself in one ! :cheesy:

Eu still bullish at the mo, so waiting for further buy ops after lunch I expect . And the wife's going out at midday ! :) Always an opportunity cost , with having a wife too, I reckon ;)

Good trading.

EU - Perfect Manipulated sell at high and 11 00 am

EU - 1 Min LR Chart with 11 00 am Key Time in a TW with high not making over 1005 and a sell under

11 00 am was also a sell on EJ as well

Chart with some of the clues etc

187854d1427196921-intraday-live-short-term-trading-calls-expert-retail-forex-trader-eu-240315-part-3-sell-top.png

Attachments

• EU - 240315 part 3 sell from top.png
    EU - 240315 part 3 sell from top.png
    77.9 KB · Views: 513
Until traders get into scalping - it can be frightening - as moves can be 10 -15 pips in just a few mins

The market is so clever and getting a move started and moving slowly - say 5 pips every 5 mins and and then after say 15 min you are up say 14 or 15 pips - and then in next 5 mins - a reversal of 17 pips come in

All cleverly planned by LP's players /market makers to catch joe public out

Also not every TW will work - but most will catch you 3 -7 pips in worse case scenario and when its good then 20 -50 pips in 30 mins

Until traders get into scalping - it can be frightening - as moves can be 10 -15 pips in just a few mins

The market is so clever and getting a move started and moving slowly - say 5 pips every 5 mins and and then after say 15 min you are up say 14 or 15 pips - and then in next 5 mins - a reversal of 17 pips come in

Also not every TW will work - but most will catch you 3 -7 pips in worse case scenario and when its good then 20 -50 pips in 30 mins

Hi F, very true, good post, I'm always keeping an eye on the slow sneaky pa trap & kill. This is one of the biggest things I try & avoid, basically inducement.

I keep reading on this forum and another forum that scalping is a loser game in long run... due psycho stuff, difficult emotional and to be consistent.

They keep saying it's algos game....

Hi F, very true, good post, I'm always keeping an eye on the slow sneaky pa trap & kill. This is one of the biggest things I try & avoid, basically inducement.

Hi TJ

So true - inducement / honey trap / teaser trap / etc etc

Happen all the while and it important to understand these moves

One classic on EU this morning is the 11 00 am high at 1002 / 3 and then the reversal

So many traders would be taking new buys above say 0985 and 90 + and seeing their trades go into profit and then 15 mins later stopped out minus 10 or 15

Time is so important - and rarely talked about - glad you are also sussing it out

Good Trading#

F

I keep reading on this forum and another forum that scalping is a loser game in long run... due psycho stuff, difficult emotional and to be consistent.

They keep saying it's algos game....

If i was the enemy - I would always mislead

Always try and get the guys who's money you want off the scent

Tell them you need big stops and swing over 2-5 days - easy way - but the way you are more likely to lose

I would say maybe 75% of scalpers never stay at it longer enough to become good

How many do you know say you need over 2000 live trades etc to get there

Once you pass the first 1000 trades it get easy - after 5k live scalps - all emotions are gone - as long as you are not trading oon really big money that frightens you

The FX markets are just full of lies

Most of it indirectly spread by the industry

I would say most scalpers of just 3 or 6 months never get over 2k trades - they lose their account - or give up

Nobody ever says it might take a year or 2 - or more - in fact the trade like all to think - you will be there all within 3-6 months - which as you know is more rubbish

Regards

F

Personally - would not like to just scalp for 1-5 pips all day and take 40 or 100 trades etc

That is very tiring and difficult

All traders are different

I am comfortable at 10 to 20 trades and rarely over 3 trades an hour

I think MM is happy on up to 40 trades over a full day - and know just 5 or 8 trades - even if all correct and winners not enough for him

I would love to think every trade only lasted under 30 mins - made me 20 -50 pips and was easy on 3 pip stops

That's the dream - unfortunately - dont get that many like that - most are 7 -15 pips instead - but still RR's of 2 +

Hi TJ

So true - inducement / honey trap / teaser trap / etc etc

Happen all the while and it important to understand these moves

One classic on EU this morning is the 11 00 am high at 1002 / 3 and then the reversal

So many traders would be taking new buys above say 0985 and 90 + and seeing their trades go into profit and then 15 mins later stopped out minus 10 or 15

Time is so important - and rarely talked about - glad you are also sussing it out

Good Trading#

F

Thanks F, I've spoken of it a few times. It's ultra important for me.

I've found there is a fine line between recognizing the new flow & getting best price before the explosion, very very tricky avoiding the carrot & as you say timing & time is so important.

These posts are great by the way, I keep an eye on it as much as possible, even though I only trade Dax, but I think the methods are very much the same in most day trade scenarios.

I try not to scalp too much, but IMHO any form of day trading requires a high degree of scalping skills for entries & for me to avoid large stops (& wide stops I just do not believe in)

Very insightful thread.

Personally - would not like to just scalp for 1-5 pips all day and take 40 or 100 trades etc

That is very tiring and difficult

All traders are different

I am comfortable at 10 to 20 trades and rarely over 3 trades an hour

I think MM is happy on up to 40 trades over a full day - and know just 5 or 8 trades - even if all correct and winners not enough for him

I would love to think every trade only lasted under 30 mins - made me 20 -50 pips and was easy on 3 pip stops

That's the dream - unfortunately - dont get that many like that - most are 7 -15 pips instead - but still RR's of 2 +

Tend to agree...while i'm working on my entries now, i need to think about exists...or what you call 7-15 pips....

I know you're against fixed targets, but how to tell when to exit? break trendline? tw? lrs?

also you always say never allow 3-4 pips to turn to a loose, again how?

Tend to agree...while i'm working on my entries now, i need to think about exists...or what you call 7-15 pips....

I know you're against fixed targets, but how to tell when to exit? break trendline? tw? lrs?

also you always say never allow 3-4 pips to turn to a loose, again how?

I think - yes its like inbed now - i use LRs - time and PA to stay with move

If i see a HH and HL and in a scalp buy I stay with it

I need to be in profit within a minute or so and ideally see over 5 pips with then a HL if buying

The more LRs going under the better and also then the 30 min rule etc

If i am up 8 pips and its slow - I would just take 70% off and out 30% in a 2 pip profit stop and leave alone

So its all down to the PA and the size of candles and lrs under

I really do not like pulling under 7 pips - but if I have to - no problem

Hope that helps

Every 20 scalps you take - the more tips and clues you will see etc

stay nimble - be aware even if exit in 10 secs if not going right etc

Regards

also if you can get used to the 1 min and tick chart over 100's of hours etc - all the moves seem then slow

I remember first 50 hrs with tick charts - i was scared stiff with them jumping about and so quick

Nowadays tick charts seem so slow 95% of the time

And one click in and out on scalping

Status
Not open for further replies.