Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
9 22 am

We have now on EU - 0687 high so far and above 75 still in scalp buy mode - but under 73 and 68 then sells would be on

GU

8 55 am

Was a scalp buy from after 8 30 am and 8 39 am

Not in it as was not back in time but we should be able to scalp sell under 4860 -70 area

Lows gone over 30 mins with no breach - but still range might now be 4810 to 4850/55 - so 40 -50 pips to scalp both ways in

Above 4870 /75 - different ballgame

GU

9 27 am

Not been able to sell still yet and price now made 4880

Time to check out more after 9 30 am for a sell

EU, closed 720 short, final 3 rd, +55 , tried a long 650, but porift stop got nipped. ( swinehuntz ! )

Short on now from 680 zone, Taken couple tranches.

ncnuy9.jpg

EU

9 36 am

ideally want to buy EU again from somewhere from 0645 to 0655 area if possible maybe in next TW

Got a few phone calls back in 10 mins

9 48 am

Not missed much

EU cannot get under 0660 for now and 9 39 am was a signal for scalp buy from 63 - but was not around to take it

Would need above 80 and then 90 to stay with buys

and of course under 60 and 57 for testing supports from 45 to 55

GU

9 52 am

never dropped more than 19 pips off scalp sell and now since 9 30 and 9 39 am been in a scalp buy bias - leading to a high so far of 4896

Pullbacks staying above 4881 are still buys again

GU

9 58 am

4910 right the way up to 4930 is a lot of R area

If we do try up there i will be looking for some scalp sells in TW's to see if one tests the 4880 support areas again

Will be looking for some pullbacks this next hour

Got a few other things to do in between

Also I won't forget you question Nick - hope to answer it in next 90 mins

GU

9 58 am

4910 right the way up to 4930 is a lot of R area

If we do try up there i will be looking for some scalp sells in TW's to see if one tests the 4880 support areas again

still trying at 10 02 am - above 89 still scalp bullish for me atm

GL BP

EU and GU

After the 10 00 am TW finished at 10 09 am onwards - we got the pullbacks

EU had made 0716 - and now in less than 17 mins dropped 50 pips - yes 50 pips - can you believe it !!!!

GU made 4722 and dropped approx 40 pips

Unbelievable movements atm - ie like 90 pips there in under 25 minutes !!

F any answer on that, if you get a chance.
Thanks

the question -

F, a quick question please.
Having read a fair bit more of your threads, I note that you had a downswing when you traded your highest stake, happens a lot believe me.
Do you feel that at your current stakes allows easier access to and from the market and if your stakes were much higher that your scalping in particular would be hampered by a lack of liquidity/platform access?
If so what stake/level would you feel is optimal for ease of trading without this issue?
As you seem to have a lot of experience with many providers, are they all similar in facilitating as above?
Thanks and appreciate you will be busy most of the day, so happy to get a response whenever.
Hopefully I will try to contribute when I feel I am more up to speed.
Enjoyable reading and spectating for me, thanks.
Nick

Hi Nick

OK - how i trade basically nowadays is based on the PPND principle - but without the ND bit -

ie PPND - means Pyramid and Peel but Never Dump

So i enter a scalp on 100% stake size - which can be anything from just 3 lots to maximum nowdays - if i am well up with wins and pips is 10 lots - per pip

Once in the scalp - i exit either a full 100% if its not going my way for over 7 pips - or exit 70% stake and keep 30% on with a stop above entry and in a small profit

i will then pyramid and peel if that trade last more than say 30 -60 mins

Adding more scalps on - ( can be in both directions ) at 100% stake and then dropping to 30% stake again

I could and did yesterday end up taking 8 scalp buys with then about 6 x 30% stakes left on with 6 amounts of 70% stake banked yesterday in the move after the FOMC announcement

i am a chicken in reality

i know my financial wall or psycho point - and no longer attempt compounding and try and trade over 20 or 25 + lots - like I did 5 yrs plus ago

I was uncomfortable

On 3 -6 lots per pip - I m comfortable - ie I can treat my platform as though its on demo and i am playing a video game etc etc

Over 15 -20 lots i would have the sweats and feel uncomfortable and then 3 or 4 losses on the row would flip me

4 losses or more on just say 5 lots - i can handle and have done for well over 10k live trades

With regards to size - when I was trading over 20+ lots in a non ECN broker - it could take 30 to 60 secs to get the trade on - i know silly - but that was the broker wanting his cover in those days

i am told 20 to 50 lot size per pip on a ECN broker should be just as quick as a 5 lot entry

I dont know - have not tried it with a ECN / STP broker

Would love any traders who are retail and do over 25 lots to let me know if they have problems

But with regards under 5 lots - it can be as quick or even quicker sometimes then trading with just $5 a pip - all depends on when you are entering and how busy etc the market is

i hope thats answered your question - if not please explain more on any part i have not mentioned etc

Good Trading

Regards

F

Last edited:
EJ

Not been on this pair this morning - but last hour - it was my textbook stuff

Will post a chart to show what I mean - based on my method

Basically - 2 trades one sell - one buy and a possible 90+ pips and i just got the buy and made 29 pips on it - as was in the EU and GU on the sells after 10 00 am

Will post EJ chart next

Status
Not open for further replies.