Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
2014 - A new trading year with mine starting tomorrow January 2nd from the Opens - European Open from 7 am and London Open from 8 am UK time.

I notice we do have a few red announcements tomorrow with UK news out at 9.30 am an then US news at lunchtime and later on.

Just a recap for all new members - who don't want to go through 700 pages over the last 2 months of me speaking to myself and saying what I am thinking and doing. I would like to thank Major Magnum getting involved in the last 6 weeks - he had approx 2 yrs of normal experience behind him - but was not making consistent monies and was keen to follow what I was up to - on the short term Intraday level.

Already he's having some very good days - like Tuesday 31st December - see his figures - in last 3 or 5 pages - and he has not yet done 500 intraday scalp trades yet ( I am sure he will hit that number soon) but his understanding my strategy and goals etc etc.

My main goal is not to have a losing day - ie a profit everyday

My daily target is 50 pips . My stops are always under a maximum of 7 pips - 3-5 pips on EU and all low spread pairs with commissions and costs under 1 or 1.5 pip per trade

If I cannot get a trade entry with a stop under ideally 5 pips ( including costs) then I will not take it - I will wait for another opportunity - and normally they are not that far apart.

I take normally between 10 and 20 trades a day over a 4 to 10 hr period - depending on how the markets moving.

My key pairs are normally EU / GU / AU / EJ / EA / UChf / and occasionally GJ

i don't stop if I hit my daily target with just 4 or 5 trades - and so on good days do have 150 -250 pip days - with my best last year being on July 4th - a cracking 409 pips within the day off 24 trades - with only 4 losses.

On bad days - when I struggle and have 3 or 4 bad trades in a row - I then have to work harder and longer and take more trades - to turn the loss into a profit - and if possible to the target 50 pips.

During the last 2 months - every day as been profitable - but on 2 days I did not make my 50 pips.

My targets are 7 -25 + pips normally - If the move looks a good one - I will then use a "free trade" with only 30% stake left on - with the stop in profit.

If that trade then goes on to make 30 or 50+ pips in is possible than it can make me more profit than the 70% initial stake scalp.

I might take up to 3 scalps at a time - but normally only 2 and will try and major every day on one pair ( scalping it) whilst leaving "free trades" with no risk on other pairs.

I cannot always give more than 2 min notice on scalps - and so they do not always appear quick enough to copy. However - once you understand my time windows and general thought etc - you will understand what I plan to do at certain times and prices.

I do advise you to refresh the pages every 1 or 2 mins if you are following for a few hours so that you see the calls - rather than finding out 2 -5 mins later etc.

This thread is really a trading diary of my thoughts and intentions and afterwards I can check why i took the trades etc etc - and the ones that go wrong - I can recap why ?

All short term intraday traders are welcome to comment and ask questions - even on other forex pairs I am not covering - no problem

I know i will have a profitable trading year - whether it will be my best - i don't know - that depends on the markets and how much time and effort i put into my trading.

I will also break over 15000 live trades during the year - so I am used to it - but will still make mistakes - because all traders have losses.

You will see when I am in the zone and focused and also will see when I get caught out.

I would hope I can get MM more consistent in next 3 months - and then we can cover some more currency pairs - as if he uses my system and methods etc - i will have total confidence with his calls - without having to spend 5 mins checking the pair out for a scalp trade.

i trade normally under 1% stake with a 50k + account and still expect returns of 4 -6% per day - with good days easily over 10% + ( remember some of my free trade stakes might only be on 0.2- 4% stake size)

As I have said many times - retail forex trading and commercial forex trading is chalk and cheese.

I would not be able to do 5% a day on a multi million pound account. But on a $100 account I will put several hundred percent on it in a day - simply because I can afford to blow $100 accounts - I am not in a position to blow £50 mill accounts - or even lose say a quarter of a million on some bad trades - different world.

So if anyone says you cannot put 30 -50% per month on retail trading accounts under $10k - as the commercial trade only do 3 -7% per month - then hopefully you now know what to say ;-)))

I will also do some live small account 10000% gains in between normal trading and will share the results.

I do plan to have 4 weeks off over next 3-4 months - skiing is now off the agenda after what's happened to Schumacher - and I never wear an helmet - as it mucks my hair up ( lol) - I just hope my one time hero pulls through - 44 yrs old is no age.

Saying that - I am also 60 yrs old this month - cannot run half marathons under 2 hrs now - but 10k runs are still OK . Mentally - I am not as quick or alert as 10 -15 yrs ago - but because I am more experienced as a scalper - I can still hack it ;-))

OK - I wish all of you a Happy. Healthy and Prosperous New Year

Look forward to you pulling me apart this year as well - you know I like it ;-))

Regards

F

Happy New Year 4xmofo, here's one to get us started off on the right foot for the new year :cheesy:

images

Happy New Year 4xmofo, here's one to get us started off on the right foot for the new year :cheesy:

images

LOL - nice one PLDB

Surely after this last month - you must have thought - yes he can "talk the talk" AND walk the walk ;-)

Saying that my main follower who I have been giving tips to - Major Magnum - seems to be improving too quickly - he will be out trading me soon ;-))

Wait to you see what's next to keep you amused - you will like it - and its not trading from sitting on the "carsey" all day eating bacon sarnies ;-))

That really is tooooo RISKY

Have a great week and keep with the "booms" rather than the "busts" - although I have got to admit I like Kelly Brooks "bust" ;-)

Regards

F

dont worry PLDB forexmos is going to trade a small account and post up the statements in January. I hope he does well as he looks like he knows his onions. :) failing that I can recommend going long the natural gas crack spread.

images

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning Traders

We start 2014 off with the GU still bullish - making another high over 6600 at 6604 - the EU bearish again - testing 3735 and under Tuesday's low and supports area.

UChf / Swissy is also dollar bullish with a new high at 8937 - scalp buys from 23 are on with 6 mins to hr time window and approx 15 mins tom London Open

More review updates on other pairs to follow

The EJ - is similar to EU and is falling again with new low so far this morning at 144.67

Need to check out next interim R on Swissy and supports on EU and EJ

soz 4xmofo for the little outburst my intel tells me you are quite a superstar at teh forex and I will now bow out of this thread as 1ve made myself look a litte silly by calling you out as a billy bserer and its obveeously not the case its just over the years i've sean so many of the 50% a week posse come and go and yet have only been able to roll up my account by a few % per week with eny consitancy b4 the inevitable of curse
Long live 4xmofo and this thread n others like it show em how its dun bruv

EU as supports from 3720 to 28 so you might expect price to falter soon at the hr change - similar the Swissy as R's at 8940-45 area and high so far is 41

soz 4xmofo for the little outburst my intel tells me you are quite a superstar at teh forex and I will now bow out of this thread as 1ve made myself look a litte silly by calling you out as a billy bserer and its obveeously not the case its just over the years i've sean so many of the 50% a week posse come and go and yet have only been able to roll up my account by a few % per week with eny consitancy b4 the inevitable of curse
Long live 4xmofo and this thread n others like it show em how its dun bruv

Long Live Pondlifedregabutler as well ;-) - got to help you make up for all those other false BS's and make you some good pips this year

2014 - and I hope Forex trading will start to make more sense to you - Have a great year

Regards

F

8.00am UK time and LO.

Both EU and EJ have started their bounces and Swissy as topped just at 8944

OK for quick scalps - BUT - Swissy still looks bullish and EU and EJ still bearish - so we need to check prices at end of this time window at 8.09am

Will turns start or not - ?? need more clues still

Caught out on Swissy - but OK on EJ for 5 pips. Swissy still trying and once it went over 45 and 47 was a scalp buy again - which I was too slow to get in - Price now at 53 - and still bullish over 46

GU - although bullish - as been falling last couple of hrs from its New Year high at 6604 - and now in last 30 mins dropped lower to 6562 and a support area at 6555 -65.

We have UK news at 9.30am - so had planned to ignore to then - but really its pullback as been one of the best - ie 50 pips - shame I have missed it

Swissy - high at end of time window - 8959

Will it hold ?

Would only scalp buy again over say 63 and 66 - otherwise look for scalp sells which would be confirmed at 52 and 49

EU stopped at 37157 and really now trying back in to support area. In the Swissy scalp sell and will lok at EU and EJ scalp buys now - but need to get in within 5 pips from bottoms - so cannot atm

Last edited:
Swissy still not under 54 and 52. Went in at 59 - and now pondering as still not falling as it should - will pull again now for another swissy loss of 2 pips - not a good start on this pair ;-(

Status
Not open for further replies.