Out and might be back by 3 00 pm - if not back for 3 30pm

Good trading

F

OK - 1 33 pm

EU - pullbacks staying above 1585 are scalp buys again with high so far 1610

Out and might be back by 3 00 pm - if not back for 3 30pm

Good trading

F

I tranferred part of my indices trading screen and applied to EU, simplified view, without the need to over analyse, just keeping taking long opportunites as they arise without the need to identify "areas", let the PA tell you where its going on jump on board. Trading isn't hard, its the trader that make it hard by over complicated analysis etc etc. All of course IMHO :)

Attachments

• eu.bmp
    1.3 MB · Views: 78
EU simple scalping, not exactly brain science, just kissed it and followed the PA, you can do this all day long using what ever instrument you wish. All IMHO

Attachments

• eu simple scalping.bmp
    1.2 MB · Views: 92
EU simple scalping, not exactly brain science, just kissed it and followed the PA, you can do this all day long using what ever instrument you wish. All IMHO

What made you identify the arrows as your entry, as opposed to say, the bar before or after it? Taking the first arrow, the bar didn't particularly look like a break yet, at least in my intermediate view.

Ta

3 18 pm

Just back and missed Ucad news at 3 00 pm

It shot up over 230 + pips - made another new yearly high of 2314 for now

i seem to have a few questions posed - hopefully will get around to later - but first back to an update and trading

Keep the faith

Great stuff Dinos

EU

3 22 pm

I exited before 2 00 pm as knew I would be out for an hour or so

I did not leave 30% on in profit - and if I had i would have been wiped out anyway do to the 2 way play - or stop hunt on intraday bulls after 2 30pm

Now nearly an hour later EU made 1680 and now dropped back to 1630 and scalp sell under 42

Interesting whether the "trading is simple guys" either had a 100 pip stop to stay in buy - or ended up with bu88er all ??

What ever - not my problem - I remember another ex smart ar*e trader here ( Random 12345 ) saying trading FX manually on a discretionary basis is near impossible to make money consistently -??

But what did he know ??

Worth a new thread then and I will say how I see it and it will be good to hear all traders views ;-))

I have a great comparison with riding a cycle

Will start it later

Regards

F

EU

3 22 pm

I did not leave 30% on in profit - and if I had i would have been wiped out anyway do to the 2 way play - or stop hunt on intraday bulls after 2 30pm

Now nearly an hour later EU made 1680 and now dropped back to 1630 and scalp sell under 42

This comment was approx 14 mins ago at 3 22 pm

Exact EU price then 1631

Price 2 mins ago - 1597 - ie a 34 pip drop in 10 mins

I did not want to be in at 3 30 exactly so exited at 1617- normally i would have stayed with it on the half hr - but not doing so this week for now

EU

3 22 pm

This comment was approx 12 mins ago at 3 22 pm

Exact EU price then 1631

Price 3 mins ago - 1597 - ie a 34 pip drop in 10 mins

I did not want to be in at 3 30 exactly so exited at 1617- normally i would have stayed with it on the half hr - but not doing so this week for now

Time and PA and LRs and movement - together on EU

EU

3 22 pm

Over complex - for me - not enough - the devil is in the detail ;-)

184550d1421855192-intraday-live-short-term-trading-calls-expert-retail-forex-trader-eu-scalp-sell-3-21-pm-210115.png

Attachments

• EU - Scalp sell at 3 21 pm 210115.png
    EU - Scalp sell at 3 21 pm 210115.png
    55.1 KB · Views: 579
Over complex - for me - not enough - the devil is in the detail ;-)

184550d1421855192-intraday-live-short-term-trading-calls-expert-retail-forex-trader-eu-scalp-sell-3-21-pm-210115.png

Just for comparison sakes, on a KISS approach, entry would have being at 15.13 (highlighted). RR: of 1:3 easily achievable, if fact you could have bagged 47 pips before the signal changed.

Draw from the opening position would have being -3, as you say the devil in the detail, simple detail. Just goes to show where one needs complex analytical confirmation, another has an eye for the market and uses simplicity.

Same results, thats all the matters :cheesy:

Attachments

• eu wed pm.bmp
    1 MB · Views: 603
F, how do you set your profit target and stop loss in ctrader?

You do this manually for each trade? I couldn't find an automate way where I can set 5 pips stop for each trade... Any hints?

Just for comparison sakes, on a KISS approach, entry would have being at 15.13 (highlighted). RR: of 1:3 easily achievable, if fact you could have bagged 47 pips before the signal changed.

Draw from the opening position would have being -3, as you say the devil in the detail, simple detail. Just goes to show where one needs complex analytical confirmation, another has an eye for the market and uses simplicity.

Same results, thats all the matters :cheesy:

Hi Dinos

Just set a new thread up posing some questions

Simple can work in some scenarios - BUT - would you have the confidence to have say 5 lots or 10 lots of your own money on just on PA movements ?

I would not - but thats just me

Will be interesting to get all traders views

i can trade naked - but I dont - because I can make a better return with a more complex method and because money is really the main reason to trade - i therefore chose a method that gives me a higher probability and also more comfort as got most things covered.

Saying that - i will never be 100% correct - but would prefer to be say 75-80% correct on hundreds and thousands of intraday trades than just 60% and having some massive winners .

Its all down to your psyche set up - I am very risk averse - even as a scalper - i am not a gambler and for me I saw the film and wore the t shirt for about 3 / 4 years before i got a way I could live with

Good Trading

F

F, how do you set your profit target and stop loss in ctrader?

You do this manually for each trade? I couldn't find an automate way where I can set 5 pips stop for each trade... Any hints?

On scalps - i am mostly just one click in and out

C trader has loads of features

Worth watching their own video and all what you can do

Regards

F

Thursday 22nd January 2015 - Pre Opens

GM to all FX Intraday Traders.

Big News day today on the EU.

I always relate the NFP news announcement to a Freaky Friday - today we could have a Thundering or Thumping Thursday - this ECB announcement is that big - especially with what happened last week.

Normal stuff - but I advise all day traders today to take extra care and even maybe use smaller stake size and be extra careful exactly on the hour and half hour changes.

For me I think I will be sticking with quick scalps under 20 -25 mins and trying not to be in one exactly at those 2 specific times

It might be all a waste of time and the announcement might be a bit of an anti climax - and the responding movements might all be under 100 pips etc - with it then happening all next week after the Greek Elections - but it might not - and we could see 2 way 150 - 200 pip spikes - anything that the big market players think can make them more money and cause us all grief.

Good Luck and Have a good day

Regards

F

Status
Not open for further replies.