Status
Not open for further replies.
GU

5970 is a support area now from last 4 hrs of PA

I would expect a bounce - but if we go under 64 - then a different scenerio

9 09 now and GU price at a 72/3 low atm

Need above 78 to think it might hold at 72

Hi F,

I would like to join SW in saying thanks for all what you have done on this thread. I have been following this thread for several months now and I have changed from ubernoob to noob++/med (on some days :D) in understanding how things work.

This thread is actually pretty good because besides your trading style it also includes information about how to trade in general, the time it can take to learn, what clues to look for while trading, the basic terminologies (PA, S/R, etc.), a bit of MM and things. You can read about all this, see a million examples in books, listen to a million webinars but unless you actually follow a group of people and see what these things mean in real-time (instead of text book examples) you will not cross that line needed to become successful.

Although I have still not completely understood everything you do not, but this thread has definitely increased my general knowledge around intraday trading. Hopefully you will have more time in the future to shape and connect neurons of determined traders with your methods and ideas.

Thank you dearlife for some nice comments - and I am pleased it as helped you

I genuinely want to help all dedicated traders who know FX trading is not just a 6 -12 month journey but is always ongoing.

MM as proved after his 8 months here - my methods do work

Maybe I step back and say to a group of dedicated guys - like MM - OK will spend another 3-6 months fine tuning what you now know and get you up to the next stage

Whilst I help and teach etc - I trade and learn more myself - I reckon another 5000 hrs on live charts - and then I would be really really good - ;-)

I have an open mind - got an holiday in November and then will look at all my options etcetc

I wish you well DL - and all my other followers here and hope you all go on to great success

Regards

F

Last edited:
Hi F,

I would like to join SW in saying thanks for all what you have done on this thread. I have been following this thread for several months now and I have changed from ubernoob to noob++/med (on some days :D) in understanding how things work.

This thread is actually pretty good because besides your trading style it also includes information about how to trade in general, the time it can take to learn, what clues to look for while trading, the basic terminologies (PA, S/R, etc.), a bit of MM and things. You can read about all this, see a million examples in books, listen to a million webinars but unless you actually follow a group of people and see what these things mean in real-time (instead of text book examples) you will not cross that line needed to become successful.

Although I have still not completely understood everything you do, this thread has definitely increased my general knowledge around intraday trading. Hopefully you will have more time in the future to shape and connect neurons of determined traders with your methods and ideas.

good first post mate.

the reference F made to "gameplay" also opened my mind to a different psychology in the markets in general.it has been on my mind a lot as I watch the charts.

F,when you have the time,any further insight on this topic would be greatly appreciated.thanks too for the expansion on your time frame philosophy earlier.

cheers,

9 19 AM

EU / GU / AU all still look bearish whilst dollar strengthens again last 40 mins

Trouble is - we could see just HL's now from lows early on - and then turns back up

We will know more after 10 00 am news on EU

good first post mate.

the reference F made to "gameplay" also opened my mind to a different psychology in the markets in general.it has been on my mind a lot as I watch the charts.

F,when you have the time,any further insight on this topic would be greatly appreciated.thanks too for the expansion on your time frame philosophy earlier.

cheers,

Cheers and thank you flipya

I will do - no problem

Regards

F

Thank you dearlife for some nice comments - and I am pleased it as helped you

I genuinely want to help all dedicated traders who know FX trading is not just a 6 -12 month journey but is always ongoing.

MM as proved after his 8 months here - my methods do work

Maybe I step back and say to a group of dedicated guys - like MM - OK will spend another 3-6 months fine tuning what you now know and get you up to the next stage

Whilst I help and teach etc - I trade and learn more myself - I reckon another 5000 hrs on live charts - and then I would be really really good - ;-)

I have an open mind - got an holiday in November and then will look at all my options etcetc

I wish you well DL - and all my other follower here and hope you all go on to great success

Regards

F

Yeah MM has become a super confident beast posting his insane results :LOL: hopefully he can continue that way. That's the thing man - determined trader - I have seen so many noobs come here without doing any basic research thinking they can understand everything in a day. You need to have spent at least two or three months on research and reading about FX before you can start to understand this thread.

The other thing which surprised me a lot is the story about the haters who along with their general bashing even made polls etc. There was no need try to get you to leave this website - if someone don't learn anything from a thread they could just stop seeing that thread and just think of it as thread in which a random guy posts few dozen posts because he is insane. There was no need to create polls and write mean things. With all this hate a normal person would usually just not bother and quit - but lucky for us you didn't ;)

9 35 am

GU

I think the last say 14 mins is a great example of a turn - or scalp buy

I wanted it above 5970

I thought 73 might work - but now - ok for 4 pips - then test of 71 - and yes it held giving then a 14 pip rise of which 8 -12 of those pips are catchable

The time window was important

the new false low under last low of 73 - was a trick

and holding above support a clue

But then my LRs going under price and turning up helped but for price action - now need to see above 89 to hold - otherwise could test 71 to 74 again

Yeah MM has become a super confident beast posting his insane results :LOL: hopefully he can continue that way. That's the thing man - determined trader - I have seen so many noobs come here without doing any basic research thinking they can understand everything in a day. You need to have spent at least two or three months on research and reading about FX before you can start to understand this thread.

The other thing which surprised me a lot is the story about the haters who along with their general bashing even made polls etc. There was no need try to get you to leave this website - if someone don't learn anything from a thread they could just stop seeing that thread and just think of it as thread in which a random guy posts few dozen posts because he is insane. There was no need to create polls and write mean things. With all this hate a normal person would usually just not bother and quit - but lucky for us you didn't ;)

I think my attitude there was a bit like I am trading

I would not give in ;-)

There as been many times in first 5 yrs I felt like saying - i have had enough of trading - especially on bad days

But then after a year full time - I know I had cracked properly - but also knew - the market is boss - and i will have losses - but if I work at it - I can make extremely good / great money.

Conviction and perseverance are important qualities in life and seperate maybe winners and losers etc

I do understand some traders who have made it after say 3 or 5 or even 7 yrs - dont like me coming along and giving a massive leg up to newer traders

They maybe think you should all suffer for a few years before seeing the light

I got help on my journey - so I am giving some back

The cake is big enough for many to make great monies from it

As you might guess - i dont like the banking/ Institutional trading method and all their deceit - but really I depend on it to make my pips lol

Thank you for these positive comments - it shows its been worthwhile

Regards

F

I must mention that although i try and make over 50 pips every day - be happy on 15 or 20 or even 25 pips a day

If you think about it - get to say 3 lots of 4 lots a pip - then 20 pips a day positive is over $600 a day - great money surely for 85% of all traders

I thought i could make 25 pips a day on 25 + lots a pip - ie over $6k per day - but my mind could not handle it at the time - so it set me back nearly 6 months

I do think most traders can handle from say $20 to $50 per pip after say a 1000+ live trades at say $5 to $10 - BUT - the thought of losing say over $1000 on a scalp or a few thousand on 3 bad ones - can make you realise - dont get carried away - walk before you run

;-))

I will say next week - for a couple of days - i will spend a few hrs answering all your questions on FX intraday trading - either on this thread or other one - I dont mind

Any silly questions etc - I do not mind really - as even on my third year - i was totally confused on so many trading queries - I felt I knew less than my first 3 months

So you are all welcome and i will do my best to try and assist as best as I can

I will say next week - for a couple of days - i will spend a few hrs answering all your questions on FX intraday trading - either on this thread or other one - I dont mind

Any silly questions etc - I do not mind really - as even on my third year - i was totally confused on so many trading queries - I felt I knew less than my first 3 months

So you are all welcome and i will do my best to try and assist as best as I can

Thank you F., that is very generous of you.
Also nice first posts dearlife1989, glad there are a lot of people out there that are following this thread too and are willing to take time to learn Intraday trading from a great mentor like F.

Last week end I spent hours reading through the method thread and had to skim pass so much negativity and attacks, it was frustrating. Those so called people were more than just trying to bring a balance view, and protect so called newbie. (Which was clearly stated it was not for at first)

You see, I would give a chance to anyone and will be giving it a go using my own common sense and judgment, even though I come from Swing trading which is perceived as being safe, and the only way to be consistently profitable.

I could see the clear benefit of having a great reward to risk ratio with tight stop of 4-7 pips and a potential reward of 7-25 pips. It is not rocket science. After all you can be wrong 5 times in a row, lose 25 pips and still make a trade that bring you back in the green because we know volatility is there between 60-150 pips daily in most pair.
This is also discounting the number of time you get it wrong and you close at BE or minimal loss -2 +2 pips within 1-3 minutes.
I figured that people can only focus on black swan event, worst case scenario etc... they want safety not only for today, this week, month, quarter, they want it for a decade.
As F. said, this is a probability games, you know you follow the method and get over 65% of profitable trade, you will master the method and technique over the course of 6month to 1 year, you will feel confident to close trades with few pips loss and move on to the next opportunity.

I would say, this is not for everyone but if you can actively invest your time I have no doubt in my mind this can be very rewarding.
When was the last time you saw a swing trader make a Risk to reward of 1:20, with a tight stop of 35 pips you would need a move of 700 pips, but with a stop of 5 pips you need a 100 pips move which is possible on a day a week or a month.

Finally people may say, you will constantly get whipsaw if you have a 5 pips stop. Once again, trade are taken at optimum S/R level or at trendline in a Time Window. In my world this is optimizing to have minimum risk and maximum reward.
Clever and simple really... Thank you F.

You have it Sunwest - its a number's game and you find the "edges" on method - money management - times - etc - and then you are 90% there

Believe me - I have had the odd day when I have taken 16+ trades - to just make 10 pips - ie having 5 bad trades and losing over 20 pips and then having a group of trades only being able to pinch a couple of positive pips along with a few trades just making 4 pips etc

Then other odd days - 4 trades an I am double over target

Strange funny game - FX trading

Saying that EU being played with

I needed over 86 to show its turning

SO market makes 87 - then drops 20 pips - just to catch out smart alecs like me - lol

dont worry pulled buy at 75

morning all .......in and out again sadly today due to calls.......

usd has been a good strong bull so far overall today..............its trying to test the daily high again now......... and not succeeding..............we could see some usd falls soon ?

N

morning all .......in and out again sadly today due to calls.......

usd has been a good strong bull so far overall today..............its trying to test the daily high again now......... and not succeeding..............we could see some usd falls soon ?

N

Good luck on your calls and progress on the contract work N

Lets us know your plans next week for sharing a few hrs etc on some scalping on a pair of your choice etc

Regards

F

EU

10 46 am

With a LH under 87 and 82 - we would now need above 74 and 78 for any chance of a turn up on EU this next TW

Under 2553 and 48 be in scalp sells

Status
Not open for further replies.