Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
7 39 am

I am now at 37 pips after 4 scalps - but over 22 pips are on 30% stakes so then a bit of double counting at 22 pips on 30% stake is just like a proper 7 pip scalp at 100% stake

My daily target is 50 pips - but that needs to be from 100% stake sizes and so 80 pips with say 50 pips on 30% stakes is not enough - if that makes sense

EU now around 2560 and I am down to 30% stake on scalp buy from 45

EU

7 42 am

Made 2564 now - and not given up yet

Still in 30% stake on scalp buy - but can only hold on over 75 - otherwise I pull

I notice main EU news at 10 00 am this morning - then more red news at 1 30 pm on Cad

Will have to look at the USD / CAD later on this morning

After 8 00 am will do an update etc

7 59 am

Whilst I have been focusing on the EU this morning on the thread - once I knew the GU was in sync with EU and opposite to Swissy - normally this is 90% of time - but not always - It meant this near 40 pips rise on EU - of which in total I got approx 30 pips - most on 30% stakes - could be copied with scalp buy on GU after 7 39 am on GU

That was put onto 30% stake asap with stop in profit - so I could leave with no stress etc - whilst focusing more on EU

:?:pete please explain to all how you picked 42

Morning BP

Based on about 4 clues

Main one was size of drop and quickness - that could not be maintained - unless it was off big news etc - so grab a quick spike down - and exit scalp sell - knowing the only down side is leaving pips on table if it had carried on down under 40 and 30

Other main clues then - time and OS on small frames and alos it would have had by then a lot of 5 -15 -30 min traders taking new sells around 45-50 - so the markets could fry them

Hope that helps

Have a good day

Regards

EU

8 08 am

Main news in approx 2 hrs

Range now 2541 to 81 - 40 pips - until out of it - just scalping and could be boring and end up as a BTTZ for a longer period than 30 mins

EJ

8 15 am

Noticed it did make just over 140 00 to 140 04 and then since after 7 39 am fell

Now at 78 after dropping to 139 65 - shame missed all the fall so far

UJ made 111 50 earlier on pre London Open

Like EJ fell then - approx 45 pips - as the yen regained a bit of strength

Not looked at GJ - but enough action to catch already of just EU and GU

Quite happy to move GU 30% buy stake up to 5985 and leave on - knowing if taken out still 13 pips profit in it - equivalent to just a 4 pip straight scalp at 100% stake

Good Morning to all FX Intraday Traders

Last day of the week - the month - and of my trading year on this thread

Yes - I started it November 2nd 2013 on the Forum and have actually been doing similar blogs for nearly 3 years.

Trading full time is boring and if Intraday - you need to stay focused and in the Zone

What better way than keeping notes of your trading thoughts and plans etc - so you can look back later in the day and check how good you have been - (or bad lol )

I have had to adapt a bit to this particular forum and dont record every scalp etc - but I am sure anybody who has followed me for over a few months can see my logic and methods etc and understand that you can read price at the "coalface" - and that you can be profitable - every day

Trouble is - Its not easy for a start - ie like juggling 8 balls whilst riding a monocycle - blindfolded - in a mine field - lol

But its all possible :)

As normal today

Have a good day

Regards
F

Good Morning F., I am sad that this is your last day full time... Thank you again, I feel privilege to have been here in the last 7 days. (y)

Good Morning F., I am sad that this is your last day full time... Thank you again, I feel privilege to have been here in the last 7 days. (y)

Morning SW

Well I know I will still be here for at least another week - updating the year etc - but then honestly dont know whether I leave - change format or start a new thread etc etc

What ever happens - I plan to keep trading in 2015 and maybe all 2016 and will always be doing blog notes etc for my own reference - and helping others when possible

Cheers

Regards

F

My results from yesterday (so it makes me accountable), traded only a few hours the EU at different times and about 18 pips...

Attachments

• EU-20141030.jpg
    EU-20141030.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 76
8 57 am

Noticed my 30% stake on GU was taken at 85 - with price dropping to 77 and then bouncing back up to 90 again

Looks as though the action from 7 00 am as slowed down for now and we are stuck in tight ranges

Some minor EU news at 9 00 pm and major red news at 10 00 am

My results from yesterday (so it makes me accountable), traded only a few hours the EU at different times and about 18 pips...

Well Done Sunwest

9 trades and only 2 wrong so good win ratio etc and positive green pips

Step by step - keep your losses to as small as possible and then let your nice runners stay going if possible - even if on part stakes etc

You will notice over next month you will start to read the market day easier etc and know when to be around trading and when to leave etc

I think if you can keep up say 7 -15 trades every day - you will progress at a controlled rate and then be learning more at the same time

GL on this new journey - and I am sure MM will tell you - you can do it - and can keep doing it

Regards

F

Hi F,

I would like to join SW in saying thanks for all what you have done on this thread. I have been following this thread for several months now and I have changed from ubernoob to noob++/med (on some days :D) in understanding how things work.

This thread is actually pretty good because besides your trading style it also includes information about how to trade in general, the time it can take to learn, what clues to look for while trading, the basic terminologies (PA, S/R, etc.), a bit of MM and things. You can read about all this, see a million examples in books, listen to a million webinars but unless you actually follow a group of people and see what these things mean in real-time (instead of text book examples) you will not cross that line needed to become successful.

Although I have still not completely understood everything you do, this thread has definitely increased my general knowledge around intraday trading. Hopefully you will have more time in the future to shape and connect neurons of determined traders with your methods and ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.